Hello from USA/Russia/Vietnam

KurodaTsubasa

Hello everyone,

Since I have been playing VNs and reading forums for while I have decided to introduce myself. Although I am a type of person who prefers to read rather than to post  I thought it will be a good idea.

First of all, you can call me by my nickname (username) which I made up for myself, and I actually use it everywhere now. I have been watching anime for about 3-4 years, I think. Thanks to my friend who introduced me to Code Geass, I was completely engrossed in watching anime from that point of time. Then, in December of last year, I was advised to try Saya no Uta (despite you know what, I still enjoyed the story. No, no, I am not a type of person who enjoys these things...At least I hope so.) which was my first VN. That's how my journey into VN world began. I have been enjoying quite a few VNs (you can see my list), and I hope I will enjoy my stay here with all of you guys as well.

I just finished My Girlfriend is President. I wonder which VN I should read next. I would prefer something serious for this time since I rotate my reading list between serious and "light" VNs to keep things exciting. For example, I read My Girfriend is President after I finished with Ayakashibito which stirred up my emotions a little bit. Any suggestions are welcome. 

P.S. Regarding the topic title, here's the twist of the plot. By nationality, I am Vietnamese, but I was born in Russia so I studied there for my high school. Yes, I can read/write/speak in Russian as a native speaker. Then I went to the USA for college. Right now I am a second-year college student, and my major is computer science.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I too am a Russian living in America (the continent) and majoring in Computer Science. :D

You seem to have not read anything by Key. You should try Clannad, Little Busters or Rewrite. You've also read Umineko but not Higurashi, you should try that too. Finally, Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night will probably be up your alley.

Have a moe:

nhj0.png

Thanks for your welcome, everyone. 

Welcome to the party! :D Uhh most of the serious novels I've read have a softer beginning. If you don't mind those theres always the Muv Luv series. Anything by key is also a bit like that.

I don't mind VNs with soft beginnings. I will try to read Muv Luv series later. Thanks for suggestion.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I too am a Russian living in America (the continent) and majoring in Computer Science. :D

You seem to have not read anything by Key. You should try Clannad, Little Busters or Rewrite. You've also read Umineko but not Higurashi, you should try that too. Finally, Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night will probably be up your alley.

Have a moe:

nhj0.png

Indeed, I didn't read anything by Key yet. I am planning to read those in the future, but not now because I am looking for something that is not primarily focused on "drama/life harships" in "daily life/school" setting. I might try Rewrite, but Clannad and Little Busters certainly should be left for the better moment since I have already watched their anime adaptation. About Higurashi, do all episodes have English translation? Last time I checked I think there wasn't.

Funny enough, but I feel reluctant to start reading Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night since I am not particularly a big fan of these series. I actually feel very annoyed about the main character in Fate/Stay Night. Forgive me for this.  :P

I am thinking to start reading Swan Song, but I am still open to any suggestions. Also, something that is similar to G-senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Grisaya no Kajitsu is appreciated too.

Thanks for your welcome, everyone. 

I don't mind VNs with soft beginnings. I will try to read Muv Luv series later. Thanks for suggestion.

Indeed, I didn't read anything by Key yet. I am planning to read those in the future, but not now because I am looking for something that is not primarily focused on "drama/life harships" in "dayli life/school" setting. I might try Rewrite, but Clannad and Little Busters certainly should be left for the better moment since I have already watched their anime adaptation. About Higurashi, do all episodes have English translation? Last time I checked I think there wasn't.

Funny enough, but I feel reluctant to start reading Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night since I am not particularly a big fan of these series. I actually feel very annoyed about the main character in Fate/Stay Night. Forgive me for this.  :P

I am thinking to start reading Swan Song, but I am still open to any suggestions. Also, something that is similar to G-senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Grisaya no Kajitsu is appreciated too.

Yeah, Higurashi is fully translated and has been for quite a while, you must have missed it.

And yet you were fine with Taichi from Cross Channel? :P Also if you've watched the anime adaptations of either Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night - pretend you didn't. They are terrible.

Yeah, Higurashi is fully translated and has been for quite a while, you must have missed it.

And yet you were fine with Taichi from Cross Channel? :P Also if you've watched the anime adaptations of either Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night - pretend you didn't. They are terrible.

I should check that for sure. Umineko was really a great and long VN. After I finished it, I was actually depressed that it was the end.  :D

Well, after Makoto (School Days) and Shinji-kun (Evangelion), I am fine with almost anything ;) , but I have a little tolerance with those kind of characters.

who have naive or idealistic point of view.

Yeah, I heard that anime adaptations were terrible. Well, I guess one day I will try to read them.

It takes a while to get to the serious part though so it might not be your thing right off the bat. oh and if you want any more ever 17 gets serious really quickly.

It takes a while to get to the serious part though so it might not be your thing right off the bat. oh and if you want any more ever 17 gets serious really quickly.

It's fine as long as the whole story is not about your daily life. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Damn, lad, you've been everywhere. Welcome to the forums. Try not to enjoy yourself too much.

Haha, you're right. I have been having trouble with balancing my daily routines and reading visual novels.

Welcome to fuwanovel!  :lol:

Well, nearly 90% of all visual novels are slice of life/high-school centric, so that's gonna be inevitable.

Anyway, how about Steins;Gate? See if nitroplus games are up your alley.

It's true that almost most of visual novels are like that. However, consider the example of Clannad and G-Senjou no Maou. Both of them have school and daily life setting, but you can't really that they are the same. That's what I am looking for. I am interested in reading a novel which may have high school and daily life setting, but its story does not focus on your ordinary life problems.

Unfortunately, I have already read Steins;Gate, but you reminded me that I should have read Chaos;Head as well.

Thanks for your welcome everyone again! :)

Hey, welcome to fuwa! I hope that you enjoy your stay here. :D

I think reading Rewrite is a good choice for a Key visual novel but even if you have seen the anime adaptation I would still recommend Little Busters. The anime wasn't bad or anything it just didn't do the visual novel the justice it deserved.  

Hey, welcome to fuwa! I hope that you enjoy your stay here. :D

I think reading Rewrite is a good choice for a Key visual novel but even if you have seen the anime adaptation I would still recommend Little Busters. The anime wasn't bad or anything it just didn't do the visual novel the justice it deserved.  

I don't really have anything against its anime adaptation. I am looking forward to play Little Busters, but just not right now. I wanted to spice up my VN adventure so I am playing Swan Song right now.  :)

Welcome to fuwanovel!

I'm not that international yet, I'm Swedish born in Sweden, but I can read VNs in Japanese, and will study in Japan for a half year in my computer science education.

Saya no uta might not be the most common entry-point to the VN-world I guess. Even though I like longer VNs more I think it's good.

To just give one recommendation of a translated VN it would be Grisaia.

Enjoy your stay here.

I don't really have anything against its anime adaptation. I am looking forward to play Little Busters, but just not right now. I wanted to spice up my VN adventure so I am playing Swan Song right now.  :)

Yep, just go with whatever you're in the mood for. The adaption for Little Busters wasn't bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as it could have been.

Since everyone else has already suggested some good titles, I'll just make a recommendation for a weird one like Mankai Chirarism Dai 1 Wa. You can finish in less than 15 minutes, and it's the most awkward visual novel I've ever read.

Thanks you for your welcome guys.  :)

Yep, just go with whatever you're in the mood for. The adaption for Little Busters wasn't bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as it could have been.

Since everyone else has already suggested some good titles, I'll just make a recommendation for a weird one like Mankai Chirarism Dai 1 Wa. You can finish in less than 15 minutes, and it's the most awkward visual novel I've ever read.

Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds funny. I will give it a try later.  :D

Speaking about Ever 17, I know that it's quite a well-known VN, but what about Remember 11 and Never 7?