:|

Xypers

Haha. This.

But there'll be mosaic or other type of censoring. They need to localize it uncensored to the world.

NO, I hate uncensor! I will gladly play it censored, that's how I like it. I prefer looking at the flat chests and smooth butts and cute face, the censored parts are not interesting to me :P

NO, I hate uncensor! I will gladly play it censored, that's how I like it. I prefer looking at the flat chests and smooth butts and cute face, the censored parts are not interesting to me :P

At least make their crotch areas all smooth with a single texture so there's nothing bothering you. Then you can focus on their flatness. I just don't want to see a random blob of pixels there for no apparent reason. 

I'd actually prefer if they were wearing pantsu just because pantsu are a lot cuter.

At least make their crotch areas all smooth with a single texture so there's nothing bothering you. Then you can focus on their flatness. I just don't want to see a random blob of pixels there for no apparent reason. 

I'd actually prefer if they were wearing pantsu just because pantsu are a lot cuter.

Then don't look at that area :) You will be able to focus on only the parts you want, when I play these 3d games (meaning with 3d anime characters) like Itagaku, I always change the camera to be like from first person and to look at the lolis chest and face :)

SO mosaic is fine, I'd prefer mosaic over nothing there, the mosaic gives me feeling that the girl has those parts but I don't need to look at them, if its just smooth skin texture (some of the uncensor modes for these kind of games) then it looks creepy and you would be clipping through textures there if you know what I mean xD

Teto can take them off anytime she wants. No questions asked.

I'm just saying I prefer things to be hidden properly instead of having blobs of pixels. So yes pantsu over censoring.

But hey that's just me. 

Let's say make models with clothing INCLUDING underwear and naked models. Everyone is happy then.

you would be clipping through textures there if you know what I mean xD

That was actually the most valid point ever made. I think i see the uses of censoring now. Make it censored please! 

This is obviously a fascinating video which deserves close attention.

Also, I guess they will never stop using Idolmaster BGM in videos.

Also, I am noticing this trend toward using synthesized voices instead of their own voice.  But what software is being used to make the voice?

But what software is being used to make the voice?

There is the proprietary vocaloid programs that has seen several releases and a multitude of voice-banks/characters and versions of them (Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Ren etc). And also free fan-made voice banks as Kasane Teto for the free program UTAU (which works in the same way as vocaloid).

To make a voice-pack is just to pack the syllables according to specified format for either program. For vocaloid they are recorded by quite known voice actors.

Not sure how using Vocaloid voicebanks would work because it's nonfree so technically you'd have to have permission if you're selling these voices as a software. Of course if it's free I don't think there's an issue.

UTAUloids actually have some pretty decent voicebanks so making free fanmade voices is a possibility.

But even the UTAU voicebanks would probably require permission if you're selling this stuff as a product. I don't know how it'd work.

Not to mention these cases would only work for vocaloid and utauloid related models not for other characters (because it wouldn't have the character's actual voice) so I don't know how far you can take this. Unless you make all the Seiyuus in Japan a voicebank. Can't imagine how much that would cost.

Let me give a more thorough background of the video than what is in the 1st post.

The website at the beginning of the video is for Akihabara "Soine".  URL http://soineya.net  I didn't know about it, but apparently they have taken the maid cafe concept up to the next level or something.  Customers sleep next to a girl. (I do not know if female customers are welcome here, I didn't bother to check).  Now the guy in the video thinks it's a great idea, but too expensive.  Those are minutes he's showing on the left.  for example 20 min = 3000 yen, 40 = 5000, 60 = 6000, etc.  On the right are the options, 1000-2000 yen each, add things like you can stroke the girl's head, or gaze at each other, or get a massage or whatever.
Anyway, that is the phenomenon that inspired him to tackle this project.
Apparently he has written a blog about how to bring Miku to life through the 5 senses (well 4, he left out taste).

After the demo, he tells about using the oculus rift, and the unity 3D sound to make it seem like Miku's voice was actually coming from her direction.  As for touch, he could not use the data glove that was pictured for this project.  Instead he settled for a dakimakura.  In addition, of course you can touch the dakimakura with all of your body, not just your hand as with a data glove.  Since Miku is supposed to be 158 cm tall, he chose a 160 cm dakimakura.  As to sense of smell, he used that high school girl "perfume".  This aspect doesn't sit well with me, but I admit that fabrics have sort of a smell of their own, and I guess that's why he sprayed the pillow with it.
The final part says that he did all the motion, sound, software etc. himself and that he may make more apps in the feature.

About the voice I mentioned, I was thinking not only of Miku's voice in the demo, but also of the narration of the video being in a synth voice instead of his own.  I don't think you would use a vocaloid for that, would you?  vocaloids are for singing, you have to provide note data.  This is more of an automatic inflection.  I'll look around a little and see if I can find out what they're using.