What do you think of incest?

Dark Ariel7

Fair enough.

Why would you even consider having sex with your sister int he first place? For lust? For love? How the hell did you even grow up seeing your sister as lover in the first place?That is no better than seeing your own mother as your lover except the later is old.

I don't have a sister, and even if I did I probably wouldn't have sex with her, but if someone else has consensual sex with their sister they aren't harming anyone, me included, and it is therefore not immoral.

You didn't answer the question though, do we ban all of those other things just because they don't produce children?

I don't have a sister, and even if I did I probably wouldn't have sex with her, but if someone else has consensual sex with their sister they aren't harming anyone, me included, and it is therefore not immoral.

You didn't answer the question though, do we ban all of those other things just because they don't produce children?

I didn't say we need to ban.Non of my business anyway.

Well of course it's not legal. That because everyone know it's WRONG which is why our rule say marriage among brother-sister is not legal.

I don't really care if people want to have incest. It's non of my business but I still found it disgusting. Would I allow my son and daughter(no,I'm not married yet but just in case I've children) to have incest?No.I won't approve it. What about you?If you are the father,would you allow such thing?

Why would you even think of having sex with your sister in the first place? If sex is what you want,you can just go get yourself a girlfriend. 

Or did you fall in love with your sister?Your mother is your mother,not lover. Your sister is your sister,not lover. Your pet is your pet,not lover. I feel dishonoring brother-sister relationship if I ever consider incest.

I've a sister and despite how close we are and we've been living in the same house for so many years,I never fall in love with her.

Incest=No children=Extinction of human being

Extinction of human beings will eventually come, don't be concerned about that. Gay people contribute for no children either but people support them so this is invalid.

I don't plan on having kids and I'm not into incest nor am I a homosexual. Am i a hazard to humanity?

And it's not like everyone is practicing incest. I have a sister as well and have no intention of having a relationship wtih her, nor any other of my family members.

But I'm still okay with whoever choses to do it though, they're not affecting me, so why should I bother or make a fuss about it?

We're just talking about wether or not we're okay with incest not if we're INTO incest. 

I didn't say we need to ban.Non of my business anyway.

Well of course it's not legal. That because everyone know it's WRONG which is why our rule say marriage among brother-sister is not legal.

I don't really care if people want to have incest. It's non of my business but I still found it disgusting. Would I allow my son and daughter(no,I'm not married yet but just in case I've children) to have incest?No.I won't approve it. What about you?If you are the father,would you allow such thing?

I've already had an argument here with someone who can't follow basic logic, and I don't want to get into another one so this will be my last post.

If you say that incest is wrong because if you don't produce children the human race will die out, then by that exact same logic gay sex, sex with a condom etc. is wrong.

It's non of my business but I still found it disgusting.

I find coprophilia disgusting, and I'm sure you do too, but as you correctly pointed out other people's sex lives are none of your business. If someone wants to eat shit, it should be (and is) legal to do so. If someone wants to have consensual sex with their sister, it should be legal to do so, because it's not harming anyone and there's no reason for it to be immoral.

I've already had an argument here with someone who can't follow basic logic, and I don't want to get into another one so this will be my last post.

If you say that incest is wrong because if you don't produce children the human race will die out, then by that exact same logic gay sex, sex with a condom etc. is wrong.

I find coprophilia disgusting, and I'm sure you do too, but as you correctly pointed out other people's sex lives are none of your business. If someone wants to eat shit, it should be (and is) legal to do so. If someone wants to have consensual sex with their sister, it should be legal to do so, because it's not harming anyone and there's no reason for it to be immoral.

That's not my reason for saying incest is wrong. Read back my post again but I guess only someone with sister such as myself will understand why I said no to incest.I'm sure my sister will said no to incest too.

Extinction of human beings will eventually come, don't be concerned about that. Gay people contribute for no children either but people support them so this is invalid.

I don't plan on having kids and I'm not into incest nor am I a homosexual. Am i a hazard to humanity?

And it's not like everyone is practicing incest. I have a sister as well and have no intention of having a relationship wtih her, nor any other of my family members.

But I'm still okay with whoever choses to do it though, they're not affecting me, so why should I bother or make a fuss about it?

We're just talking about wether or not we're okay with incest not if we're INTO incest. 

Looks like both of us who have sister are on same page here. Yeah,definitely won't consider having a relationship with my sister. Not at all. 

That's not my reason for saying incest is wrong. Read back my post again but I guess only someone with sister such as myself will understand why I said no to incest.I'm sure my sister will said no to incest too.

Looks like both of us who have sister are on same page here. Yeah,definitely won't consider having a relationship with my sister. Not at all. 

Not quite. I said I have a sister and don't plan on having a relationship with her. But I don't consider incest immoral or something that should be outlawed. Incest is legal here, you can marry your siblings if you want as long as you're both adults. And I'm okay with it. I just am not into it just like I'm not into other things. I don't find it immoral and I don't care about whoever does it if they're happy together.

How common is incest marriage in Portugal and how does their children does? Are they allowed to have children and are their children born normal?

I would have no idea what the stats are. All I know is there are no restrictions as far as incest goes here, it's just like any other relationship in the law. Gay marriage is legal here too and so is adoption between homosexual couples (though with some restrictions).

In fact (mid rant incoming) it's normal heterosexual couples here that don't even want to have kids anymore because of the economical difficulties (end of rant).

However incest still has a social stigma, so no, not everyone is dating their sibling as far as I know. 

This was just to prove that despite it being legal, it doesn't mean everyone is doing it, but they are free to do it as long as they're both adults and chose to do so in a consentual way. 

And that's what I was getting at, it doesn't have to be shunned, let the people be happy and move on with your live.

I would have no idea what the stats are. All I know is there are no restrictions as far as incest goes here, it's just like any other relationship in the law. Gay marriage is legal here too and so is adoption between homosexual couples (though with some restrictions).

In fact (mid rant incoming) it's heterosexual couples here that don't even want to have kids anymore because of the economical difficulties (end of rant).

However incest still has a social stigma, so no, not everyone is dating their sibling as far as I know. 

This was just to prove that despite it being legal, it doesn't mean everyone is doing it, but they are free to do it as long as they're both adults and chose to do so in a consentual way. 

And that's what I was getting at, it doesn't have to be shunned, let the people be happy and move on with your live.

That's interesting.Why does Portugese people find incest as social stigma. For a country that legalize brother-sister marriage,they still find incest as social stigma?That just doesn't make sense.

That's interesting.Why does Portugese people find incest as social stigma. For a country that legalize brother-sister marriage,they still find incest as social stigma?That just doesn't make sense.

I think it's because we separate logic from social stigmas. Just like the separation from church and state.

Laws are based solely on factual evidence and logic not on personal opinions.

Incest is legal, not many people are doing it as far as I know, but if they wanted to they could.

What's so wrong about that?

I'm pretty sure even in the times where my country was a kingdom there were some incestual relationships in the actual royal family. This didn't stop my country from evolving.

My final point is, just let people date their family members if they want, there's nothing wrong as long as they don't affect your life.

I think it's because we separate logic from social stigmas. Just like the separation from church and state.

Laws are based solely on factual evidence and logic not on personal opinions.

Incest is legal, not many people are doing it as far as I know, but if they wanted to they could.

What's so wrong about that?

I'm pretty sure even in the times where my country was a kingdom there were some incestual relationships in the actual royal family. This didn't stop my country from evolving.

My final point is, just let people date their family members if they want, there's nothing wrong as long as they don't affect your life.

I believe you are not one of those who find incest social stigma? What are the reasons other Portugese find incest as social stigma. Do you know any Portugese who find it as social stigma and why?

Sorry,I don't know any Portugese and you are the only one I can count on.

how about this kind of logic. what if those people feeling disgusted seeing them or knowing they do it is considered "affecting" their lifes?

how about this kind of logic. what if those people feeling disgusted seeing them or knowing they do it is considered "affecting" their lifes?

"It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?"

- Stephen Fry

I find heterosexual couples kissing on the streets to be disgusting. Do i want to ban couples? No

Ignore what you don't like. It's as simple as that.

I believe you are not one of those who find incest social stigma? What are the reasons other Portugese find incest as social stigma. Do you know any Portugese who find it as social stigma and why?

Sorry,I don't know any Portugese and you are the only one I can count on.

Yes I don't find it a social stigma. I aknowledge it has one but i don't personally believe it. 

I would have no idea what other people think, I'm not the most sociable person ever but I think the general consensus is that most people are not into it or find it weird, that's normal in my opinion, but again it's no reason why it would be outlawed, that's all I was getting at.

I find heterosexual couples kissing on the streets to be disgusting. Do i want to ban couples? No

Ignore what you don't like. It's as simple as that.

So would you apply that for anything, even for censorship and nsfw material?

Does this apply to every place?

Sure you can ignore it, but you will still see it. is that ok aswell?

You dont want to ban couples, how about other things?

just some thoughts. i myself am open to everything, nothing can disturb or offend me, but its always so mysterious to me why people get offended

just some thoughts. i myself am open to everything, nothing can disturb or offend me, but its always so mysterious to me why people get offended

That's not what you pointed out. What you said earlier was that incest affects other people's lives because they'll have to "see it" and they'll find it gross, or something along those lines.

All I said is that's not a valid standpoint. 

I'm kind of already done with this discussion to be honest, i already participated in it once, don't feel like doing it again.

I feel the same as Nosebleed when it comes to this. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it should be banned. If there is any sort of outline I can think of it would be...

1) No one is getting harmed.

2) It's not evading my private life.

I would think of more and maybe help elaborate more on my points but I'm kind of hungry and tired because I just woke up. I think your smart enough to know what I'm getting at though.

From a biological point of view, not good.

From a moral point of view, not a care. 

From a sexual point of view, exciting. I understand the nips on that one. (Both 2D and 3D).

From the point of view of me and my family, unthinkable and not even remotely exciting.

I shall copy this form, thank you for it. =)

From a biological point of view: We're all human. Doesn't matter who's DNA is being mixed.

From a moral point of view: If (don't hate me for using a phrase, as I'm not even religious in the slightest) god didn't want humans with the same blood to mate/love each other, it would have been made physically impossible for them to. Since it is not, only in the bible, or what other humans have said, make it "wrong" in any way.

From a sexual point of view: By all means, yes please. <3 In any form. Mother/son, Father/daughter, Brother/sister, Cousins. Anything is fine. (I will admit, I don't particularly enjoy elderly so grandparents/grandchildren might be a little gross.

From a point of view of me and my family: My sister's a bitch, so nope.

In the end, I really just don't look at people as being bound to anything. There are laws that humans made, and laws in religion. However, the only REAL "rules" that apply are when things are not possible.

in spite of being one of the disabled people. tom playfully mentioned. I still see it as wrong to actually have kids with your direct family. I mean I used to go to the Shriner's hospital growing up all the time. and would see so many omish people with crazy ass deformities. because most of them married into family. and I mean crazy like mis matched arms legs outright missing limbs extra fingers. not to mention of slew of brain distillates. So yes biologically incest is not a good idea lol I still don't really care what you do, with your family otherwise. but,  and as i mention before i'm perfectly fine with anything in stories.