What do you think of incest?

Dark Ariel7

まじで? In actuality or as a joke?

Well I don't think it has to lead to a power imbalance if they are both of the same age like cousins.

Also rape is not the kind of incest I meant.

Dude Im Not Like In Anime I Just Cant Take My Eyes On My Sister ._.

i assume we don't talk about pedophiles (sick) so... normal people don't think about incest in a real life. only desperates who can't find a girlfriend do. they can't find sexual partner, so they look at their siblings. simple as that. if you think it is not true. look at the people who "accept" that. do they have girlfriends, somebody who can satisfy their sexual life? ofc they don't.

i assume we don't talk about pedophiles (sick) so... normal people don't think about incest in a real life. only desperates who can't find a girlfriend do. they can't find sexual partner, so they look at their siblings. simple as that. if you think it is not true. look at the people who "accept" that. do they have girlfriends, somebody who can satisfy their sexual life? ofc they don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Also, stop your hollier than thou preconceptions abut other people, it's seriously stupid and annoying. What would you say next? gays and lesbians are like that because they are desparate to find a partner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Also, stop your hollier than thou preconceptions abut other people, it's seriously stupid and annoying. What would you say next? gays and lesbians are like that because they are desparate to find a partner?

its an attaction that happens between family members who have been sepereted for most of their life.

i think that case is little extreme and we can't treat it like any other. it's almost like they are not siblings. next time you post something from wikipedia, better check it.

btw. don't start with lesbians, gays. its not about it. 

and ofc there are always some exceptions but in general it looks like i wrote above. just think about yourself and others who said "yes" in this topic. do you have sexual partner? most of you don't. others are that exceptions.

Well if we are not talking about breeding,  i actually agree with it. I mean there's nothing wrong i think that i would have gave a shot to it if i had a sister.. I did dream of it for few years.. 

I understand that many people thinks that is something not natural but if you feel the attraction then it IS natural so.. Nothing wrong with it

To be honest, this sometimes happens to me... I've got 2 litle sisters and when I fap to incest, there is this pinch of remorse after it :unsure:

Just pretend they don't exist when you're doing something like that. I have an 8 year old sister and i like loli imoutos. When i'm reading incest doujins for example i'm certainly not thinking about her so i don't feel uncomfortable in the slightest. I know i'll never have thosekind of feelings towards my family members. After i do something of the sort i just move on with my life, there's no need to feel remorse if you weren't thinking about them in the first place.

Incest fantasies are a fetish for more people than you would think, i would be lying if ii said i wasn't one of those. But they don'tgo beyond the fantasy realm.

This is why 2D is awesome.

Concerning sibling incest:

As long as they love eachother, the sex is consensual, and they don't have children: No problem.

Concerning cousins:

No problem at all, as long as it is not inherent within the family (like how the Habsburgs ended up. Granted, that lasted a few generations.)

All in all: my main issue with Incest has always been the biological complications that would arise from such relationships. Of note is also the fact that Imouto-characters are my least favorite archetype because that reason.

I'm not sure biological reasons are still relevant to forbid incest.

There are two main biological issues.

On the scale of the "grand scheme of things", incest is counter-productive in the theory of evolution, and thus should be discouraged.

On a more practical scale, it increases the risk of transmitting genetic diseases.

In a modern society, the first point is not relevant anymore.

As for the second point, it's only an increased risk, not an absolute. If it's only on one generation, it can be considered a reasonable risk by some people. And there are the options of having no kids or adopting one. 

So it's really more a question of ethics. Incest is one of the most recurring taboo in every society ever, for reasons I don't know of and haven't investigated, but is there still a viable reason to condemn it? I personally don't think so.

I also don't understand why it's legally condemned. Some say if you made incest legal then everyone would start dating their siblings and whatnot and think it's fine.

I never understood the reasoning behind this.

It's like saying if you make gay marriage legal then everyone will want to be gay. It's just absurd.

I don't become attracted to my sister just because it's legal. One would become attracted regardless of law. The law just makes social life harder for them, it won't stop their love/relationship from developing if it were to actually happen.

Incest has never been illegal here and I've never actually seen any big fuss about it. Same thing with gay marriage, it's been legal for 4 years now and no one's made a fuss about it after, everything is the same, literally. So i'll never understand laws that prohibit these sorts of relationship. I can understand if they say "both parties must be legal adults" because like it was mentioned before there can be really bad people that influence their children or other closely related family members into thinking a relationship with them is normal from a young age. That is absolutely wrong. But if there was no element of forcing then I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

Heck the earth is over populated it's about time babies stop being made in a way.

Here in Spain is not legally condenmed per se in an kind of familiar relationship. There is no law that forbids incestual marriage. The problem lies on if the relationship is mutual and as I pointed out before, it can be difficult to prove.

Also, the earth isn't overpopulated, it's the way things are managed on economical levels that makes all the problems we are having due to "overpopulation"

I think it's harder to prove when it's parent and child because then a question can be raised: Were they influenced from the beginning to see their parents in that way? And that's where the problem would lie. These kind of things need to be evaluated case by case because it's just impossible to generalize.

I believe between siblings or cousins it's easier to prove because of the closeness in age (in most cases) so there isn't such a power imbalance. Again I believe these things should only happen if they're both over 18 and realise what they are doing to begin with. 

But in the end it still needs to be seen on a case by case basis.

Incest is not specifically prohibited under Portuguese law

This is the most vague thing ever.

Though after researching i did find out there are no specific prohibitions of incest indeed but if one of the parties is a minor it can be considered child abuse, especially if it's a sexual relationship. But that's like any sort of relationship that involves a minor and an adult.

Edit: And i can't believe this is my 2000th post

Ehh I don't believe incest is forbidden by law because of religion this time around. Although it might have started that way.

I think it's mostly because of inbreeding. When the earth wasn't overpopulated and people needed to prosperate. Having children with your siblings was just risky and not reliable. Not that it still is of course. But now there's no reason for it to be prohibited in my point of view. It just has a social stigma from back in the dark ages and no one is suddenly going to step up in a government and say "I think siblings should be allowed to date". It'll just be frowned upon in the societies where this is not seen in a bright light.

Well I see no problem about too people loving each other dating.

And yeah there is none.

But let's face it, when it's with close familly, it's weird.

I have no problem accepting other things, but it just doesn't feel right.

And for some reason I can't point out what made me think that.

Society perhaps ? But strangely, incest seems to be a universal taboo.

What doesn't feel natural to us weirds us out. This is not an odd thing.

For example I'm fine with homosexuality but it's not something i find pleasant personally. And that's okay as long as they don't interfere with my life i won't interfere with theirs.

And same thing goes with incest.

I think the best way to solve these things is just pure apathy:

"You're in love with your sister? Good for you, i don't care."

This should be the attitude to fix social stigmas. No one would complain because it wouldn't be a big deal since no one would really care.

Not sure what you mean by that, but Catholicism is the most widespread denomination of Christianity here, and probably has been for a while, so it's possible they've affected some laws.

Oh, so you live in the Quebec? I assumed you were from the anglosaxon part of Canada.

Anyway, don't mind my comment, it was just a joke to tease you.

0h, so you live in the Quebec? I assumed you were from the anglosaxon part of Canada.

Anywa, don't mind my comment, it was just a joke to tease you.

No, I live in Ontario, they're pretty big here too.

I don't mind the comment, it just threw me for a loop because Catholics are incredibly moralistic. :P But they're generally not too bad around here, I even went to a Catholic High School despite being an Atheist because it was the closest one to my house, and it wasn't that different from a public school besides being generally better and the fact that we needed to take at least one course that is classified under "Religion" every year. Thankfully they had things like "World Religions" and "Philisophy" there, so even that wasn't too bad.

From a biological diversity standpoint, it's bad, and I can't approve.

From a 2d (VN) viewpoint, an imouto relationship does nothing for me. If they have a legitimate brother/sister relationship, I have difficulty accepting it if it goes the incest route, since it simply doesn't fit my image of the relationship. (love != sex) Most VNs don't go for a legitimate brother/sister relationship though, and it's usually some weird thing in which the sister is overly clingy to the brother for some reason, or they lived apart from each other a long time and are suddenly thrust in to each others life. In those situations, I have difficulty even viewing the characters as legitimate "brothers and sisters", whether or not they are literal "brothers and sisters" through blood.

I don't have a little sister so I can't really comment on the 3d thing. I don't know anyone in 3d who is actually interested in their brother/sister either.