Hi! n_n

Asbel

Hi! After watching some animes featuring VN I got interested and wanted to try it by myself. A friend of mine recommend me this page so I'm here =D.

I hope to have a great time here. Any recomendation for a newbie? ^_^ . This will be my first VN :wub:

Welcome Asbel to the fuwanovel and the fantastic world of VNs!

It's hard giving recommendations, but I'll try. Perhaps best is for me to list some VNs for you to check out and pick the most promising one. I think you should check out:

• Little busters (as stated before)
  • Ever17
  • Tsukihime
  • Grisaia no kajitsu

I've tried to pick quite different ones, but only state of the art VNs.

Enjoy your stay here, and the reading of course!

Welcome to the forums.

I recommend you try Little Busters as your first VN. This is just me though.

Of you can go the mainstream route and play Katawa Shoujo. Either way they're both great.

I hope you find many great VNs here.

I second Little Busters! It's a wonderful VN with something for everyone. 

But for reals, go with Ever 17 or Planetarian. 

Welcome to the world of VN's!

Opinions will defer greatly here... But here's some recommendations of mine:

All Ages (Don't like H-scenes?):

-Little Busters

-Clannad

-Symphonic Rain

-Ever 17

-Steins;Gate (If it is available still. A legal version is coming soon.)

Oh and Rewrite if you want something newer and made by Key.

18+:

-G-Senjou No Maou

-Fate/Stay Night

-Katawa Shoujo

15+(?):

Higurashi: When they cry (Mystery thriller)

Thank you for all your answers! I think that Little Busters is a must have for my first VN n_n.

I was reading some things in the site about the games and it seems that I need to change some configurations of my PC to japanese... That could affect another programs? I don't want to damage anything T_T

btw, I was looking for games to buy in the PSN Store for PSP VN Games and it seems that the only one available is Corpse Party.... Is this a good one?

Thank you all!

Wow, a Graces fan?... I guess there is really lots of people that like Tales of in Fuwan.

Btw, if you have a PSN, add me at "neromercer3600", I'm trying to do a platinum of Graces f at the moment :v

Anyway, WELCOME TO FUWAN, THE PLACE WHERE PEOPLE DREAMS COME *CRUSH*... TUNA!

Thank you for all your answers! I think that Little Busters is a must have for my first VN n_n.

I was reading some things in the site about the games and it seems that I need to change some configurations of my PC to japanese... That could affect another programs? I don't want to damage anything T_T

btw, I was looking for games to buy in the PSN Store for PSP VN Games and it seems that the only one available is Corpse Party.... Is this a good one?

Thank you all!

It won't damage anything, and the only side effect I've ever had from switching to JP locale is one program auto detects this setting and adjusts language accordingly. 

It won't damage anything, and the only side effect I've ever had from switching to JP locale is one program auto detects this setting and adjusts language accordingly. 

It happened to me just today with the Sony Content Manager for the Vita, it was in JP, but aside from that, no difference.

Wow, a Graces fan?... I guess there is really lots of people that like Tales of in Fuwan.

Btw, if you have a PSN, add me at "neromercer3600", I'm trying to do a platinum of Graces f at the moment :v

Anyway, WELCOME TO FUWAN, THE PLACE WHERE PEOPLE DREAMS COME *CRUSH*... TUNA!

Another Tales fan, nice to meet you =D.

It happened to me just today with the Sony Content Manager for the Vita, it was in JP, but aside from that, no difference.

Thanks for the info, I will have that in consideration when I use the Vita on my PC....

Thanks guys for all your help!

Another Tales fan, nice to meet you =D.

Thanks for the info, I will have that in consideration when I use the Vita on my PC....

Thanks guys for all your help!

You may then want to install the Content Manager BEFORE getting your Local to Japanese, maybe that works? :B

Thank you all!

Corpse party is gore and horror-themed. I know people can get turned off by that, so play it at your discretion.

Welcome to the forums.

I recommend you try Little Busters as your first VN. This is just me though.

Of you can go the mainstream route and play Katawa Shoujo. Either way they're both great.

I hope you find many great VNs here.

This ^

Welcome to the forums! Katawa and Little Busters! are both really amazing, so I recommend them too~ Enjoy your stay and have fun!

Welcome to Fuwanovel!  Thank you for joining the community : ).  You've got a lot of good suggestions for your first VN -- I'd second a game like Katawa Shoujo, Planetarian, Little Busters! or Sharin no Kuni.  They're all fantastic!  (If you have an iOS device, make sure to get the iOS Planetarian app -- it's fabulous)

Don't hesitate to PM myself or a moderator if you have any questions.  We're here to help!