Nisekoi (discussion thread)

threepwood007

<rant>

So, I remember reading the one-shot of Nisekoi way back when. I was really bummin' about the cancellation of Double Arts, and seeing Nisekoi get a great reception really made me happy.

Fast forward to now when I had no idea it was already made into a manga let alone an anime, and I recall being pretty pumped for the anime's premiere.

I watched the first episode all happy-like, and then the second, and then the third... and then I deleted them all from my computer (I save everything).

I just can't stand it anymore. I can't stand characters like Onodera and Ichijou who are wishy-washy, hesitant, and worst of all dishonest about matters of the heart. And it's not that I don't love Romcoms and romances where the characters are slightly less mature; I'm happily devouring Golden Time, Engaged to the Unidentified, and Nagi no Asukara (poor choice of words?).

What is probably also factoring in here is that it's an adaptation of a shounen manga. We all know the anime will never end in a satisfactory manner. Ever.

I really like the Pilot's Love Song, I really enjoy Chuunibyo, but the specific brand of romance to be found in Nisekoi just doesn't do it for me.

Is it a sign of my tastes "maturing" or something like that? I don't think so ('sides, what the hell does that even mean). I remember watching/reading Love Hina and eating that stuff up, knowing that there would be zero romantic developments until the end (I was indeed suprised when volume 12 out of ultimately 14 delivered). Picking up a volume and re-reading it, I still love it.

Oh well. Maybe I'll try and come back. I do wonder, though, about the future of my anime watching. Will I be able to enjoy shows similar to Nisekoi? I'm certainly liking Engaged to the Unidentified, and if there's any sort of closure at the end of that anime I'll dig this post up and read it aloud to my fiance.

</rant>

Typical modern romcom. What were you expecting?

When i was first introduced to anime i would love everything and anything. Heck i watched Highschool DxD and i thought it was the best thing ever created. But as you watch more anime your tastes change. I first noticed this when i was trying to watch some harems that i used to like and now just thought were mediocre. This is perfectly normal.

And i am with you on Onodera is an annoying character. SHE IS. I HATE HER GUTS. But the anime as a whole manages to be at least a bit funny. Here's where my personal tastes come into play, I watch romcoms for comedy a lot that's why i can appreciate cliche slapstick humor, and i already am watching it not expecting it to have a fulfilling ending. The manga is still on going after all. I think the most important when enjoying a show is know what you're getting into.

For example: I LOVE To Love-Ru. Why? Because i watch it for the "plot". Because i know when i first got into it and when i go watch it all i want to see is excessive fanservice.

The same goes for Nisekoi. Nisekoi for me is a comedy with a romance subplot that's poorly written. But i like comedy and thus i enjoy it as a comedy. 

So yeah it's all a matter of personal tastes and it's perfectly normal for you to start disliking stuff you liked before.

I think I read like one or two chapters of the manga, and the concept was entertaining for a bit, but it seemed the writers didn't take it seriously enough as there was too much silliness that eliminated the credibility of any of the characters. I imagine the anime would be something of the similar sort, with tons of random stuff just flying around jumping here and there with a vaguely continuous plot, and playing mostly to the ridiculousness of the situation and the tsundere archetype (what happens when two tsundere characters meet.. lol).

Typical modern romcom. What were you expecting?

I think the most important when enjoying a show is know what you're getting into.

I think that's pretty much it. I mean, I also loved to-love-ru and Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica and High School DxD (which DOES get beyond the fanservice, they'll just never animate it) and Sora no Otoshimono (which contrasts fanservice and feels so well it hurts), and I pretty much knew exactly what I was in for.

I guess I expected something better from the same mind that gave me Double Arts. I also probably just don't find it as funny as other romcoms.

At least we can agree that Marika is best girl right?

Sorry again. Kobeni best girl this season for me <3

hE3il5d.jpg

I think that's pretty much it. I mean, I also loved to-love-ru and Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica and High School DxD (which DOES get beyond the fanservice, they'll just never animate it) and Sora no Otoshimono (which contrasts fanservice and feels so well it hurts), and I pretty much knew exactly what I was in for.

I guess I expected something better from the same mind that gave me Double Arts. I also probably just don't find it as funny as other romcoms.

Sora no Otoshimono is great because of the setting in my opinion. I have a massive poster on my wall with Nymph because Nymph<3 

But yeah tastes are tastes.

I never go into romcoms thinking that the romance will be fullfilled really. If it's an adaptation of something on going. Just give up on the romance idea and try to see other good points in it in order to enjoy it.

Nah, I meant from Nisekoi. I also think that Kobeni is perfect waifu material.

But I like Iki Hiyori more

Well that character hasn't been introduced in Nisekoi yet so i'll have to wait and see ( i didn't read the manga)

But so far i like Gorilla girl just because I can. Aside from  Onodera she's the only other female lead so yeah.

And yes my thoughts exactly Kobeni is 100% waifu material. It's like you just want to own your personal Kobeni.

Likes Chuu2Koi romance but doesn't like Nisekoi's romance. Seems legit. I'm actually the other way around. I really hate Chu2Koi's romance (this season mainly) and really enjoy Nisekoi's romance. 

I still need to finish KissTwoLove (ChuuNiKoi?), and so far it seems like at some moment I just got bored of it and abandoned it, I have no other reason for that, at first I liked it... but mah, sometimes I get bored easily.

About Nisekoi, I can see you criticizing some of the chars in Nisekoi, as I myself do that a lot when reading the manga (still reading atm, I'm at 66 so no spoilers plz, so far I haven't seen any), but I still like it, probably because I've got nothing better to do :/, but I still enjoy little things even if they have something bad.

Likes Chuu2Koi romance but doesn't like Nisekoi's romance. Seems legit. I'm actually the other way around. I really hate Chu2Koi's romance (this season mainly) and really enjoy Nisekoi's romance. 

I agree with this. As far as romance goes between the 2 Nisekoi although having its flaws it definitely has a more interesting approach, perhaps instead of interesting i should say less dull. Chuu2Koi is just going downhill imo and i'm just watching it for the moe at the moment.

Before the anime was announced, I had heard about the manga and was interested in it, but never got around to reading it.  With the anime out it gave me a chance to see what it's like and honestly, I like it.

While I DESPISE Onodera so far, I'm starting to really like Chitoge, I mean I even went out of my way to save two screencaps (I usually never do anything of the sort):

fGSJ7p2.jpg?1

LKIYFv4.jpg?1

The only way to see if it gets good or better is to keep watching, and I will.

I mostly just watch it for the comedy and Shaft's animation.  I'm digging the whole yakuza backdrop, the though guys in everyday situations bit never gets old for me.  I don't really hate any of the characters, they all serve their purpose I guess and the tropes are very in your face.  At first I thought Onodera was pretty cute, but I've grown to prefer Chitoge over the course of what has aired so far.  Ultimately I don't really care if anyone ends up together as long as the show remains amusing.

I've dropped Chu2koi a few episodes ago because the two main characters act so childish about their relationship and I have no more tolerance for it. The whole Banishment this World thing is a bit wacko for me anyway. Man, I've been really mean as of late. Not sure why ^-^;...

I'm enjoying Nisekoi, though. For now, at least. The characters make over the top faces that really helps push the humor.

And best girl this season in terms of cuteness alone is Mui from Mahou Sensou guys (/u\)~

With time you'll also see the light... as someone who has read the manga till now I can assure you you'll end lliking Ondera more than Chitoge.

BUT MARIKA WILL ALLWAYS BE BEST GIRL.

tachibana.png

If she had pink hair it would be PERFECT... ABSOLUTE PERFECTION... On the same Level as Momo from 2LoveRu. but she's already awesome as she is.

Best romantic interest there until now is obviously Raku. He's immature, but he's not too annoying, he cooks nicely and is kind enough to take notes for you when you seem to have trouble understanding the subject. He's obviously better than all of those heroines. No contest at all. Onodera may or may not be okay, I'll wait until the end to draw a conclusion on her.

Best romantic interest there until now is obviously Raku. He's immature, but he's not too annoying, he cooks nicely and is kind enough to take notes for you when you seem to have trouble understanding the subject. He's obviously better than all of those heroines. No contest at all. Onodera may or may not be okay, I'll wait until the end to draw a conclusion on her.

IIRC he gets crossdressed once so maybe...