[In progress] Award icons - looking for feedback

Steve

If this becomes an award for me and others, I will kindly show myself the door. No thank you sir lol.

why not? look at that beautiful, beautiful little fat slime. How could you not want that? Blows my mind

Now, on a more serious note, today was kind of a "just for the lulz" day so far, can't really take any of what i made seriously xD

Or Kud! Everyone who's anyone likes Kud! :D

In fact, I propose every badge has Kud!

Seconded.

Though Kud is not my number 1 character i still love her and she's my favorite character from LB.

I need to make a badge for myself that's a glowing bag of blood like the ones you see in hospitals.

For New Year Awards I'd suggest something along the theme of partying ?

Basic ideas would be fireworks, a party hat, or an animal (I know  the chinese associate years with animals, i don't know if japanese also do).

A lot of these are looking great, thank you!

One thing I'd like to ask --  please remember that while we definitely need to re-make many (if not all) the awards I already created, that's only half the discussion.  We need to brainstorm some new ideas, too!  The puzzle icon (with either greyed out or missing pieces) is lovely and looks fantastic.  If we don't use it for post count (or this or that), why not make it something else?  All we need to do is come up with a new idea for awarding it.

Right now my ability to auto-award is very limited (right now it's only for post count).  I'm working on finding a way to auto-award for date joined AND "Joined before X date". If those are possible, then we can do yearly badges and awards for people who "survived" Fuwapocalypses 1-3.  Etc. Etc.  My point is: we need to think of other awards which won't require too much manual look-up/update.  Awarding people at the moment requires me to type their usernames by hand, divided by commas (i.e. "nosebleed,Tay,solidbatman,Ryoji,Aaaeru,...")

Also, could we get a "First Post" badge? It wont show up for current posters, but it will for members in the future.

Looking good, guys.  Keep it up!

A lot of these are looking great, thank you!

One thing I'd like to ask --  please remember that while we definitely need to re-make many (if not all) the awards I already created, that's only half the discussion.  We need to brainstorm some new ideas, too!  The puzzle icon (with either greyed out or missing pieces) is lovely and looks fantastic.  If we don't use it for post count (or this or that), why not make it something else?  All we need to do is come up with a new idea for awarding it.

Right now my ability to auto-award is very limited (right now it's only for post count).  I'm working on finding a way to auto-award for date joined AND "Joined before X date". If those are possible, then we can do yearly badges and awards for people who "survived" Fuwapocalypses 1-3.  Etc. Etc.  My point is: we need to think of other awards which won't require too much manual look-up/update.  Awarding people at the moment requires me to type their usernames by hand, divided by commas (i.e. "nosebleed,Tay,solidbatman,Ryoji,Aaaeru,...")

Also, could we get a "First Post" badge? It wont show up for current posters, but it will for members in the future.

Looking good, guys.  Keep it up!

I was trying to finish the ones we have right now before jumping into the creation of new ones. I'm not that good with coming up with ideas (the only good one i had was the puzzle one) but, as you can see throughout this thread, when people give an idea I do what i can to make it happen.

I'm trying to think about that "First Post" badge but all i can think of is a "1st" but it doesn't seem to be that good, anyone has any other ideas?

That's the main problem unfortunately :(

as the award system didn't come with pre-made scripts for join dates, you would have to make it from scratch, which would need to be made as a PHP script 

apart from that, they only way is what your currently doing using the 'Bulk award' option in ACP

Although ideas for things that don't require such tedious work could be things like:

-monthly award for most liked content

-making good suggestions/improvements for things

-for making an introduction

-Making a lot of recommendations for VN's

-making reviews for VN's 

-helped in a translation 

Award ideas:

It's not spam, I swear! (Bronze, Silver, Gold levels) - Post a new thread, and have at least 10, 30, 50, unique posters comment in your thread. (Award can change each level, and numbers are subject to change I guess based on the active number of users)

Facebook ain't got nothing on me! (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum levels) - Accumulate a total of 10, 30, 50, 100 total likes in the Fuwanovel community from other users. (Pretty self-explanatory for this category. Icon should definitely be modeled after the "thumbs up" Facebook like)

Sharply dressed - Give yourself a unique avatar. You go girl! Looking good! (I notice a lot of members in the forums don't use avatars. Thought this would inspire members to be more unique, and is a pretty basic idea)

Stick it to the man - Surpass Tay in all his glory. Only the truly worthy shall ever see this award. (More of a joke, but the idea of a "never" obtainable award I thought would be funny)

Just some ideas.

Award ideas:

It's not spam, I swear! (Bronze, Silver, Gold levels) - Post a new thread, and have at least 10, 30, 50, unique posters comment in your thread. (Award can change each level, and numbers are subject to change I guess based on the active number of users)

Facebook ain't got nothing on me! (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum levels) - Accumulate a total of 10, 30, 50, 100 total likes in the Fuwanovel community from other users. (Pretty self-explanatory for this category. Icon should definitely be modeled after the "thumbs up" Facebook like)

Sharply dressed - Give yourself a unique avatar. You go girl! Looking good! (I notice a lot of members in the forums don't use avatars. Thought this would inspire members to be more unique, and is a pretty basic idea)

Stick it to the man - Surpass Tay in all his glory. Only the truly worthy shall ever see this award. (More of a joke, but the idea of a "never" obtainable award I thought would be funny)

Just some ideas.

Something like these?

MGggw5H.png  CoikpX5.png  aPfSwbF.png

why bells? well, the notification icon is a bell so i thought it made sense, idk

5Fcl4N5.png  Q3TR7qH.png  r3xasYx.png  a1peyHW.png

Something like these?

MGggw5H.png  CoikpX5.png  aPfSwbF.png

why bells? well, the notification icon is a bell so i thought it made sense, idk

5Fcl4N5.png  Q3TR7qH.png  r3xasYx.png  a1peyHW.png

Yes for the thumbs up icons! For the gold icons (not just the bells), I also think it would be cool to put some like "light rays" or something with those so it's easier to distinguish between the bronze.

Not a big fan of the hands but then again I don't like facebook.

Hearts would be better, more liked = more hearts.

And if I wasn't in a hybernation state these days, I would actually do something, but as it is I sleep like 11 hours a day now, damn winter.

But I promise I will help with stuff... once I get over this sleepy mood xD

I made some with hearts, but they ended up a bit girly-looking and it may not please everyone.

Letters are a bit troublesome because they are hard to see in a 25x25 space

What I meant was something like a "ABC" sort of thing, but designed.

But today I don't think it's such a good idea after all.

I made some with hearts, but they ended up a bit girly-looking and it may not please everyone.

Nothing will please everyone really, but it can please majority. And we love girls after all so if its girly, it will remind us of cute and moe girls xD