[In progress] Award icons - looking for feedback

Steve

Perhaps, i wanted to make like, something better for the 2012 because it's kinda like the founders year. Maybe a golden star and for the other two a silver one? I don't know

I don't think you should make the 2012 badge different, I think it's enough that it shows that you joined, well, in 2012.

Hm the poker chip ones are pretty nice but yeah, they look like poker chips.

As for the walkthrough icons, I think Tay said he wanted to have these trophies so I tried to keep them. I will try experimenting with different trophy though.

I trust in your artistic direction, Steve.  Just remember -- it'll be pretty hard to sneak a loli past the upload process ; ).

Thank you for all the good ideas, everybody.  Thank you, Steve!

I want medals :<

Done.

Star shape? Makes kinda sense

Done.

Hm the poker chip ones are pretty nice but yeah, they look like poker chips.

As for the walkthrough icons, I think Tay said he wanted to have these trophies so I tried to keep them. I will try experimenting with different trophy though.

Done.

3ZJNxk1.png  aaWby0M.png  Qzp5LhT.png  GnwbUkr.png

XTxCVgR.png  jgwwra7.png  WgThgC8.png  fZEMUoH.png

aZSqBHA.png   4LCOAid.png   jCyttSY.png

3ZJNxk1.png  aaWby0M.png  Qzp5LhT.png  GnwbUkr.png

XTxCVgR.png  jgwwra7.png  WgThgC8.png  fZEMUoH.png

aZSqBHA.png   4LCOAid.png   jCyttSY.png

Love those post icons, way better than mine xD Although maybe make the numbers more visible.

And another thing, can you try resizing the same pictures  to 25px, because that is the size they are in the user info next to the posts, 40x40 is only for the award site. I fear that especially the 500 one will be hard to see in 25x25 However I like the 1k and 2k a lot.

(although I was thinking about making the post icons more cutsey since we are fuwa fuwa moe site, so something like cats paw xD)

For the WT's, I think again in 25x25 the W will be hard to see, especially one some of those.

And finally as for the year icons, I was actually thinking about making those with some significance to what happened that year as for fuwanovel and make them each different and unique. I am still thinking about concepts so I don't have it yet but I will come up with something soon enough (they don't work now anyways xD)

But yeah, remember that even though the icons are 40x40 default, they need to be resizable to 25x25 for the post view.

Okay:

Love those post icons, way better than mine xD Although maybe make the numbers more visible.

made the "500" and "1.5K" a bit brighter, there should be more contrast now:

w9maZl4.png  pvgc5df.png

And another thing, can you try resizing the same pictures  to 25px1, because that is the size they are in the user info next to the posts, 40x40 is only for the award site. I fear that especially the 500 one will be hard to see in 25x25 However I like the 1k and 2k a lot.2

(although I was thinking about making the post icons more cutsey since we are fuwa fuwa moe site, so something like cats paw xD)3

For the WT's, I think again in 25x25 the W will be hard to see, especially one some of those.4

1- Didn't know that, made a re-sized set.

2- Yes 500 is a bit hard to see, still thinking how to fix that
3- I tried the moe thing with the ones that ended up looking like poker chips, but people asked for medals so i made them medals
4- I had that same feeling, but they didn't end up as bad as i thought, but still not that easy to see, that's why i prefer only the W

25x25 set:

hXi29Q2.png  9oVV3CZ.png  VEH9TPT.png  c9SOjqJ.png

0mJsLpN.png  WMKeTaH.png  C6dY1Gv.png  MbeyVBb.png

gShuwCn.png  mT7t7uv.png  wZnsEgL.png  NI8A5dC.png

Also, i had the same idea about the year icons. It's a good idea but it is really hard to execute, especially for me because i joined a week ago so i don't really know much about what happened in the other years

25x25 set:

hXi29Q2.png  9oVV3CZ.png  VEH9TPT.png  c9SOjqJ.png

0mJsLpN.png  WMKeTaH.png  C6dY1Gv.png  MbeyVBb.png

gShuwCn.png  mT7t7uv.png  wZnsEgL.png  NI8A5dC.png

Hm yeah, 500k and 1.5k are hard to see and due to the resizing the silver trophy seems larger than the others xD

I was thinking about something unique to each category, so if they are metallic medals for posts, for WTs it could be something different, that's why I also tried to keep the original trophy, maybe something in that idea where the W has a big contrast compared to the rest of the trophy or whatever it is.

The question is what represents walkthrough... maybe some kind of route or a path, but how do you display that on a small icon xD Who knows. Maybe a milestone! Damn that might be a good idea, I need to try them later. (but feel free to experiment on that idea as well xD)

I didn't have much time to do anything today bit I might try something tomorrow.

But yeah for the posts if you are able to somehow fix the 500 and 1.5k, it would be perfect :)

Man, this 500 is being a pain in the ass

Xc2SSWK.png  rtT2dmM.png  VL2Tvty.png  N78kcct.png

The silver trophy was actually larger than the others, my mistake.

There's nothing that really represents a walkthrough. I don't know what to do other than the trophies, I initially thought that it could be like a footprint or something. It's silly, i know, but I really can't think of anything else. I'm not much of a thinker, I'm more of a doer xD

i like it, and in my opinion its not that hard to see now atleast. 

for the trophy's have you tried doing the W in a different color so it "pops out" more?

forexample gold W on the silver trophy, silver W on the gold <- just an idea.. 

Like this?

3A5o8cy.png  IYNPspr.png  nVBnbHV.png  2Eh2G8O.png

FcHPFY4.png      nRZ8EvA.png     YNbAaB2.png     kd0ttVM.png

It's not a bad idea, but we have to wait and see what Steve thinks about it

Don't forget the special one Charm

Shhh, It's a secret to everybody.

The 25x25 size seems to be a problem. Why not try make them 30x30. I don't think they will be to bulky for badges.

I'm guessing that it is not a optional thing, but i may be wrong. Again, we'll have to wait for Steve to say something about it

Just FYI: the 25x25 is the auto resized image. All submissions will need to be 40x40.

Looking good, I'll look forward to what you all come up with : )

I thought as much, I made the 25x25 just to see how they would look like after being resized

Yes, that was exactly what I meant, it needs to be visible in both resized and not resized resolutions.

Like this?

3A5o8cy.png  IYNPspr.png  nVBnbHV.png  2Eh2G8O.png

FcHPFY4.png      nRZ8EvA.png     YNbAaB2.png     kd0ttVM.png

It's not a bad idea, but we have to wait and see what Steve thinks about it

Maybe black?