Grisaia no kajitsu anime

aznxa21

You can very easily stretch out that content to last the entire series while also doing the heroine stories at the same time. Continuity is unimportant, due to how unconnected each scene in the common route is to each other. But he's also right. With this kind of story if you want viewers to keep watching, you have to have some kind of plot development. What works in a VN doesn't necessarily work in an anime when it comes to many things, including pacing.

The anime is in development for 4 years now, do you think they're half assing it and it will be rushed as hell in the end?

4 years for a VN adaptation sounds good to me. Most bad VN adaptations were released a year or less after the VN was out.

See Duke Nukem: Forever. Whilst this is a game, the main point still stands. Trash will be trash no matter how long it has to ferment.

That said. I'd also like to be hopeful that the anime will be at least decent.

Guess were in the same boat, haven't really gotten up to it yet either and I'm already in the middle of a VN.

I'm just wondering what kind of anime they will make with a VN like this, who do you think the main heroine is gonna be, because you know the anime will have to choose just one. 

I'm hoping for Chiruchiru!

If that promotional image has anything to do with the plot, it'll probably be a complete fail, those who did Amane route will surely understand. Either way, I'm hoping for a good adaptation, it's really rare to see a VN fan saying that the anime was good and it would be really sad if Grisaia had the same fate. I think I'd rather have them do only one route but unless they put lots of fillers, there wouldn't be material for even 13 episodes so it's most likely that we'll have all the routes. It could also be a whole different story only using the background we already have, which would probably make everyone really sad.

*jumps in on the discussion*

I'm confused. The nature of Grisaia no Kajitsu is that its routes ultimately make use of the fact that Yuuji dedicates himself to one heroine. I don't think you can get away with mashing five intricate plots to one timeline without making it nonsensical. It could still work though, but I can't imagine;

blowing up the damn school following with running away with a kuudere and running away again with a loli.

If only it'll be as great as the VN...

I love how your avatar really fits your comment.

I don't know any of the details, but the VN's lead writer created a sixth "harem ending" where Yuuji doesn't get romantically involved in any of the girls but still manages to solve most of their problems. Despite not actually appearing in Kaijitsu, this is the canon ending and is used as the basis for the two sequels, Meikyuu and Rakuen, and will also be the story that presumably the anime follows.

I'm confused. The nature of Grisaia no Kajitsu is that its routes ultimately make use of the fact that Yuuji dedicates himself to one heroine. I don't think you can get away with mashing five intricate plots to one timeline without making it nonsensical. It could still work though, but I can't imagine;

They could always end up making it amagami style. I'm not sure how to add the common route to that though.

Amagami style? Enlighten me.

they have a few episodes for an arc but after it ends they start the new arc as though the previous one never occurred. I think it makes more sense than I'm making it out to be.

Here's to hoping that they do Yuuji's character some justice, and they don't turn him into a Sousuke Sagara clone.

I never watched FMP but I heard a lot about it, so I don't think they can turn Yuuji into a Sagara's clone unless they screw hard with everything. I mean, Yuuji may be a militar on the outside but he always shows that his personality goes way deeper, it'd be a real shame if this happened.

An off question: Your profile photo is Akira Hongo, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this just because I want to hear Yuuji speak. That's all I want.

And if they don't pick a badass enough seiyuu, the anime will fail just like that, I don't care how good the rest will be. :D

Akabeisoft2 MCs to be more precise are similar(not as badass though) to Yuuji

You clearly didn't read Akatsuki no Goei, Kaito is even more badass than Yuuji is. :D In fact, it comes to the point where Kaito is perhaps too much badass... but it sure is awesome to read. :D