Da Capo III Fan Translation at 34%!

Hey ive actually been doing some fan translation in my own time (while working on the site)

https://fuwanovel.net/novels/61

It's being done on Jichi's annot player. (http://annot.me) see the latest update on the player here.

Progress is about 28%~

Translated lines: 17k/64914

I'm actually not sure how long D.C.III v1.3 is, It could be 70,000 lines or more. I've played most of the game, it is not that long.

Here is a screenshot:

GwJTR.jpg

This is Minatsu (a d.c.II chara) who appears in number 3:

WZfFn.jpg

I hope to get the game translated by next year April, right when the anime finishes airing. I'm also hoping to contact the anime subber and add a note in the anime to tell ppl to check out the game. (might have to sub the anime myself)

No not necessary to have played DC1 or DC2 to enjoy this game.

You get to see some familiar faces, but everything in this game is explained.

I'm looking forward to it then.

Good luck with the hard work ! :D

Edit: These new screenshots look gorgeous !

No not necessary to have played DC1 or DC2 to enjoy this game.

You get to see some familiar faces, but everything in this game is explained.

Not necessary but i recommend you play both as they are fantastic. Just finished 1 and 2 in order, HIGLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Not necessary but i recommend you play both as they are fantastic. Just finished 1 and 2 in order, HIGLY RECOMMENDED!!!

But they aren't on fuwanovel :(. They are licensed so I guess it won't be available. Christmas is soon though ! So I might just buy them.

A few years ago, a fan translated several paths of Da Capo Plus Communication (an expanded edition of the first game, also known as DCPC). I had quite a bit of money and not much common sense then, so I bought the game through Himeya's then-active site.

I was hesitant to purchase Mangagamer's products for a while. But I felt confident in buying the DVD-ROM editions of Da Capo 1 and 2, especially since they had no DRM and did not require activation.

...So yeah, I kinda like translated Da Capo VNs. I will watch the DC3 fan translation carefully, and see if it might be finished before a company licenses it.

hey ReTrans

that would be awesome. actually I can ask Jichi to format the translation into an XML document of your own desired layout & specifications. (w/ the japanese text)

and also because im releasing as creative commons 3.0 attribution, you can actually do it without my approval (thought I'd just mention that)

Yes I do remember that Sakura were alive and walking aimless without memory in Da Capo II VN and she still got short hair.

The CGs for Da Capo III looks so different from the first and Da Capo II.

Well, I actually realize the anime trailer for it looks slightly different.

I know Da Capo is licensed but even so what's with the aweful font texts they got at the first one, this is the reason I avoid playing it.

Da Capo II font texts is really nice, doesn't make be eye cancer whatever.

If anyone else know how to fix fonts at Da Capo, please tell me.

P.S: Hoshizora no Memoria VN even had some fonts in the install folder.

Yes I do remember that Sakura were alive and walking aimless without memory in Da Capo II VN and she still got short hair.

The CGs for Da Capo III looks so different from the first and Da Capo II.

Well, I actually realize the anime trailer for it looks slightly different.

I know Da Capo is licensed but even so what's with the aweful font texts they got at the first one, this is the reason I avoid playing it.

Da Capo II font texts is really nice, doesn't make be eye cancer whatever.

If anyone else know how to fix fonts at Da Capo, please tell me.

P.S: Hoshizora no Memoria VN even had some fonts in the install folder.

It has absolutly nothing to do with the topic. I wish you happy birthday !

I hope you get some nice presents aswell :P .

Look. people hate me already

https://twitter.com/TakuyaFM/status/267826078029078528

this is the very attitude that disgusts me.

that fan translation is not justified. we need to take a step back from commercial expansion.

it's tyranny of the mind. treading all over people's freedom of expression for fear of infringing these de jure monopolies. (and they sell monopoly like its property now. wow.)

Fan translators. DO NOT apologize for your own free speech. Do not apologize for making the world a better place.

Look. people hate me already

https://twitter.com/TakuyaFM/status/267826078029078528

this is the very attitude that disgusts me.

that fan translation is not justified. we need to take a step back from commercial expansion.

it's tyranny of the mind. treading all over people's freedom of expression for fear of infringing these de jure monopolies. (and they sell monopoly like its property now. wow.)

Fan translators. DO NOT apologize for your own free speech. Do not apologize for making the world a better place.

Grrrr, damn that pisses me off. I guess haters are always gonna be like that. Dont let them get to you Aaeru, we support you 1000000%