• Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
    • Oshino Ougi
  2. 2. Who deserves to end up with Koyomi the most?

• Hanekawa Tsubasa
    • Senjougahara Hitagi
    • Oshino Shinobu
    • Hachikuji Mayoi
    • Araragi Karen
    • Araragi Tsukihi
    • Sengoku Nadeko
    • Ononoki Yotsugi
    • Kanbaru Suruga
  3. 3. What's your favorite arc?

• Bakemonogatari
    • Nekomogatari:Kuro
    • Nekomogatari:Shiro
    • Nisemonogatari
    • Kizumonogatari
    • Kabukimonogatari
    • Otorimonogatari
    • Onimonogatari
    • Hanamonogatari
    • Koimonogatari

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm downloading Coalgirls' Blu-Ray version of the series, and they've yet to release the final batch.

I'm not downloading that without corrections made. They'll also release Hanamonogatari along with the final batch in December soooooo. Merry Christmas, I guess.

Doesn't really seem worth it waiting for one fansub just because their first version had some subbing errors, also there's already at least 2 subs out there with decent quality that won't make you cringe or anything.

You're missing out on really good arcs for no reason.

But whatever floats your boat.

Doesn't really seem worth it waiting for one fansub just because their first version had some subbing errors, also there's already at least 2 subs out there with decent quality that won't make you cringe or anything.

I might download Koimonogatari this November.

But Hanamonogatari will need to wait.

Agreed. After all, they're missing out on...

Kaiki's epic return!!!

:D Soooo glad he's not really dead. ^^

I've been seeing this series appear everywhere albeit I know nearly nothing about the series not even the synopsis...

...What am I doing here again?

The only thing I've seen of it, and by Monogatori, does this make me want to watch it.

It's a good series, though not for everyone given the nature of its content. I still recommend that you watch it and see what you think of it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

The Monogatari series is simply too amazing. How can something be this amazing? (Nisio Isin is cool, that's probably why) I might start reading the LNs at some point, given that I want to experience the original source material as much as possible (might even try it in jp if it's possible). As for the characters, I really do like all of them (they're arguably the best part to the series), yet Shinobu is my favorite.

The Monogatari series is simply too amazing. How can something be this amazing? (Nisio Isin is cool, that's probably why) I might start reading the LNs at some point, given that I want to experience the original source material as much as possible (might even try it in jp if it's possible). As for the characters, I really do like all of them (they're arguably the best part to the series), yet Shinobu is my favorite.

Aren't they all translated?

Aren't they all translated?

From what I know, yes. However, a translation from Japanese to English always deviates a little bit away from the original in terms of feeling and maybe the original charm it had (they're two very different languages in that regard). I cannot be sure of what scale this deviation is (and I'm assuming the translation is exceptional given what I've heard from others), but I surely aim to experience one of my favorite series of all time in as much as a raw form as possible.

From what I know, yes. However, a translation from Japanese to English always deviates a little bit away from the original in terms of feeling and maybe the original charm it had (they're two very different languages in that regard). I cannot be sure of what scale this deviation is (and I'm assuming the translation is exceptional given what I've heard from others), but I surely aim to experience one of my favorite series of all time in as much as a raw form as possible.

Ooooh. So you can actually read JAP huh.

It would be nice to know how much it deviated from the source material.

You could tell us after you read it. <3

Slow ride is an understatement mate. Its excruciatingly slow. I would have dropped it without the intense character development and the fighting scenes.

Monogatari can be pretty slow at times, but it comes with the type of anime it tries to be. Personally, I really enjoy anime that are slow paced and well developed. Ergo Proxy, Aria, Spice and Wolf are fine examples.