What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

*Cough* Don't hurt me *Cough* played a bit of COD today...

Infidel! Though shalt be burned at the stake! [/rabidness]

Which CoD game? Please tell me it wasn't Ghosts, that piece of crap was so overrated. I still have Modern Warfare 2 (stopped playing CoD games after that), and I'll occasionally play it on my 360 to troll all the prepubescent trash talking d-bags that still play it. They get mad so easily, and don't seem to understand that I'm counter-sniping them until I take them out. Never gets old.

Bought Murasaki Baby, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, some stupid Trials game, and Persona 4 Ultimax. I already regret Ultimax. Fuck Persona 4. I'm so god damn tired of that cast. And jesus christ the story is stupid. The first Arena was decent and still had that Persona 3/4 feel. This one is just so... cliche for the Persona 3/4 games. Power of bonds blah blah Teddie hits on girl blah blah persona blah shadows blah. I regret buying it.  

Bought Murasaki Baby, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, some stupid Trials game, and Persona 4 Ultimax. I already regret Ultimax. Fuck Persona 4. I'm so god damn tired of that cast. And jesus christ the story is stupid. The first Arena was decent and still had that Persona 3/4 feel. This one is just so... cliche for the Persona 3/4 games. Power of bonds blah blah Teddie hits on girl blah blah persona blah shadows blah. I regret buying it.  

Really, I'm actually quite fond of it.

Mostly due to Adachi epicness.

However, I'm also hoping that after this and Q they will finally lay the series to rest and move on.  How far are you?

Really, I'm actually quite fond of it.

Mostly due to Adachi epicness.

However, I'm also hoping that after this and Q they will finally lay the series to rest and move on.  How far are you?

I lost my shit after the second fight because they last 20 seconds and are no challenge at all. If I wanted a VN, I'd read a fucking VN. I bought a game, not a VN. 

I lost my shit after the second fight because they last 20 seconds and are no challenge at all. If I wanted a VN, I'd read a fucking VN. I bought a game, not a VN. 

True, story mode is definitely no challenge at all. Even the first one seemed to be heavily story-based while not giving much priority to game-play.  I've heard that Golden mode can be quite challenging though, and there's also online play. 

Don't forget the dancing game  :P

Oh yea, I forgot about that.  They just announced bonus Daisuke and Kou DLC.

tumblr_lg2qeabd1I1qf1v2m.gif

Played a lot of Sm4sh yesterday with some buddies and a little bit of DIsney Infinity 2.0 this morning.

Really had a good time with smash. I originally was a bit hesitant over the controls, but you get used to it fairly quickly. 

Started Batman: Arkham Asylum

I find the combat in that series crazy therapeutic, particularly in Arkham City.

Reached chapter 5 of Dead Space 2 and while I'm still waiting for the story to move forward I am liking the level and enemy design. I admit those kid necromorphs (admittedly only slightly less annoying than real children) were a nasty surprise when they were introduced as I got swarmed to death twice before I realized I needed to use stasis on them before they got close and then start shooting. Nitpickwise while I have to say I don't like the chapter transitions; in the first game the chapters had titles and were a minor event in how they happened as you moved on to a new area with new objectives, enemies and story while in this game they can literally happen as you walk into a another room not too different from the last one.

Reached chapter 5 of Dead Space 2 and while I'm still waiting for the story to move forward I am liking the level and enemy design. I admit those kid necromorphs (admittedly only slightly less annoying than real children) were a nasty surprise when they were introduced as I got swarmed to death twice before I realized I needed to use stasis on them before they got close and then start shooting. Nitpickwise while I have to say I don't like the chapter transitions; in the first game the chapters had titles and were a minor event in how they happened as you moved on to a new area with new objectives, enemies and story while in this game they can literally happen as you walk into a another room not too different from the last one.

In terms of story and lore, System Shock does it way better.  I game on a PC, so Dead Space games, while I managed to finish all three, were buggy and incomplete: Unacceptable things like a bug that changes your difficulty setting and the fact that it does not save your resolution setting in DS1 and locking out supposedly unlockable content(armor etc) and then to fix it make a patch that makes everything available on the Store from the get go instead for  DS2.

I've heard people praise System Shock 2 quite a bit; do I need to play the first game to enjoy it?

No, not really. However, given that a pre-DOSBox-mounted and free version of the first game is provided on a forum, which even includes a mouselook mod, there's no reason to not play the first game first!

(Yes, looking with the mouse had to be modded in)

Get System Shock 1 from here:

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=211.0

On the same forums, you can also find graphical updates and such for the second game, as well as instructions on how to install them.

I have my own Dropbox link for a DRM-free download of the second game as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbgosk9wnhqmred/AABst8QuW5rTWwaMNRuIbDkja?dl=0

So I've completed Persona 4 Ultimax Story Mode Episodes P3 and P4 100% (I'm savoring Episode Adachi).  I would say overall the game is quite enjoyable, would probably give it 9/10 for the interesting story, upgraded mechanics and new characters (Yukari and Ken are probably my new mains).

However, based off of what I saw in the story, I'm almost 100% certain that they are going to keep this arc (or something in the future) rolling in some way, shape or form since they left way to many lose ends (the trophy for completing both story modes is literally called "A New Journey").  After all, the Sho must go on right?   ;)

So fellow Persona fans, you can take this news in one of two ways:

1:

tumblr_inline_n7avry2fsQ1qizmie.gif

2:

gallery_16690_751_45652.png

The choice is yours.  

So I've completed Persona 4 Ultimax Story Mode Episodes P3 and P4 100% (I'm savoring Episode Adachi).  I would say overall the game is quite enjoyable, would probably give it 9/10 for the interesting story, upgraded mechanics and new characters (Yukari and Ken are probably my new mains).

However, based off of what I saw in the story, I'm almost 100% certain that they are going to keep this arc (or something in the future) rolling in some way, shape or form since they left way to many lose ends (the trophy for completing both story modes is literally called "A New Journey").  After all, the Sho must go on right?   ;)

So fellow Persona fans, you can take this news in one of two ways:

1:

tumblr_inline_n7avry2fsQ1qizmie.gif

2:

gallery_16690_751_45652.png

The choice is yours.  

If they do, I'm done. Persona 4 needs to end. I'm tired of it, tired of its characters and tired of its fans. 

I feel that way a lot more about Persona 4 than I do about Persona 3.  I don't really care what happens to Yu and the gang but seeing Junpei, Yukari and them again was the best part of Ultimax for me. 

Also, we need some resolution to Elizabeth's new quest on saving the P3 protagonist, which I am looking forward too.

It's atlus I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Same here, I think Arena 3 is inevitable at this point.   However if they jump into the future again with Persona 5 cast and older returning P4 members that would be fine.