Real people with VN heroine arch types?

Nosebleed

This was a question that popped in my mind during This discussion and I wondered what other people  thought.(read the original thread for more details)

To put it shortly we all have certain types of female heroine arch types that we like to see more than others (eg: Tsundere, Yandere, etc.)

For me my favorites are(copied from original post):

Childhood friend (Osananajimi) Heroine

(I particularely like when there's unrequinted love by the childhood friend torwards the protagonist that the protagonist later realises and they themselves develop feelings torwards said friend. I think it's mainly because most people can relate to them and symphatize with them and overall their routes are touching with the fullfillment feeling in the end and such.)

Loli Heroine

(Because lolis)

Imouto Heroine

(Wether it be blood or non blood related, just the type of character that refers to the protagonist as "onii-chan" and things of the sort)

Shy Heroine

(If you even need to ask why it's just because it's cute, does there really need to be another reason?)

Kouhai Heroine

(I find it cute that there's a heroine that's not very into the protagonist as they are 1/2 years younger but the protagonist has feelings of protection torwards them)

Kuudere Heroine

(The whole expressionless character thing is somewhat cute)

Tsundere Heroine

baka" if however they show their dere side more often especially around the protagonist then i will probably like them)

(I'm very ambiguous with tsunderes, it really depends how they are depicted, i dislike clichéd tsunderes that can only say things like "I-i-it's not like i like you 

Now what if we met someone in real life with said type of personality? Would you be able to like them or not? Admitting they have the generic traits of that arch type. 

Example: A tsundere would say stuff like "I-it's not like i wanted to be here with you, don't get the wrong idea!" even though she was the one who invited you to that location.

You don't have to list every single type you like, just one is okay and wether you would like them in real life or not and  why.

For me personally there's so many contradictions it sounds kind of hypocritical. 

These are 2 types i never want to encouter in real life

If I met an actual tsundere in real life i'd be constantly tempted to throw something at her face to keep her quiet, the  nuisance it would be to hear such blunt denials of emotions every single second would drive me insane, in real life it's defenitely a No.

Another one would be Imouto type, if my sister suddenly started acting like she loves me more than anyone in the world i'd get the creeps everyday, i have chills just from imagening it, I'd probably set up a tent outside my house just to not deal with her everyday.

These 2 are routes i commonly go for first in VNs yet i'm more than fully aware they would be the most painful thing in real life to deal with everyday, I guess the 2D world will always be better when it comes to individuals.

Tsundere:  My ex-girlfriend when I first met her, and even now occasionally (but mostly just deredere around me).
I met her in high school when she was friends with a friend's...friend.  She was abnormally cold towards others besides her own group, especially me when I was put into the same classes/groups as her when she utterly hated everything about being with other people.  After spending a long time talking with her and just being around her more often than most, she eventually opened up to me, and I kid you not, I have never seen someone stutter their words so wonderfully cute in my life.

I do NOT want to meet another yandere if I can help it.  I knew one a long time ago, and she was SCARY.  She would act very kind most of the time, but if things didn't go her way, she would put on a rather creepy smile and attempt to psychologically MURDER people.

Tsundere : well , ive know these kinds of girls a lot of it, and sometimes they just make me their slave @_@ well they are cute i guess.

Kuudere : i ve always met these kind of girls. even though they dont show their emotions in my experience they are very kind person .

Kouhai : yeah i know what it feel.

Yandere : my first girlfriend is a yandere , and it was really weird experience. she even make a marks with my initial name and her name with a knife in her hand, holy sh*t. i ended up broke up with her, i just dont want her hurt herself anymore . she sometimes bite me (well i dont mind) but.. because i move and take college in Indonesia i decided to broke up, rather she torment me with scary words or following me, but i do know some of my friends tend to tell me that my girlfriend is scary , even though she is cute . she even stares at my friend(my close friend) with a sharp eye that intends to do some bad things, i dont know whats her status or update. i think she's move on and got a new boys (for the best). and even i indonesia i still found some Yandere girls, but shes' got a boyfriend,, and the boyfriend is my friend right now.. the hell i experience the same thing my friend experience.

but it was good knowing that Yandere is very devoted . but, i just dont wanna experience another yandere experience again (for now).

This was a question that popped in my mind during This discussion and I wondered what other people  thought.(read the original thread for more details)

To put it shortly we all have certain types of female heroine arch types that we like to see more than others (eg: Tsundere, Yandere, etc.)

For me my favorites are(copied from original post):

Now what if we met someone in real life with said type of personality? Would you be able to like them or not? Admitting they have the generic traits of that arch type. 

Example: A tsundere would say stuff like "I-it's not like i wanted to be here with you, don't get the wrong idea!" even though she was the one who invited you to that location.

You don't have to list every single type you like, just one is okay and wether you would like them in real life or not and  why.

For me personally there's so many contradictions it sounds kind of hypocritical. 

These are 2 types i never want to encouter in real life

If I met an actual tsundere in real life i'd be constantly tempted to throw something at her face to keep her quiet, the  nuisance it would be to hear such blunt denials of emotions every single second would drive me insane, in real life it's defenitely a No.

Another one would be Imouto type, if my sister suddenly started acting like she loves me more than anyone in the world i'd get the creeps everyday, i have chills just from imagening it, I'd probably set up a tent outside my house just to not deal with her everyday.

These 2 are routes i commonly go for first in VNs yet i'm more than fully aware they would be the most painful thing in real life to deal with everyday, I guess the 2D world will always be better when it comes to individuals.

you have to know how dere a tsundere is beforehand, when i first watched Toradora i wanted to drop the anime just because of taiga, but man she's so CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

i have a lot of tsundere acquaintances, even my parents. they are more tsun tsun than dere dere but whatever~

Hm.

First of all, I'd be able to tolerate an Ojou-sama. They're usually not that smart emotionally, so it'd be helpful for me, since I'd get an easy-to-control pawn that could make my life incredibly easy.

a Yandere. As some of you know, since I do my work at home I live locked inside my house, and the only person that I meet is the delivery guy. With that said, I can't see anything going wrong with a yandere on my case. Since I'd pretty much only have her as something like a friend, she'd have nothing to feel jealous at. (that said, yanderes going on a killing spree is reasonably cute, so I might find my way for her to do one...)

So unless she decided to cut my internet connection, I'd be fine with whatever she did.

I'll elaborate later. There are a few other types that I wouldn't mind to have near to me~

Practically every vn heroine type has some psychological issue to deal with for drama, lol. This makes their stories interesting, but in the end, you're dealing with maladjusted people of some kind most of the time. When it gets to actual disorder level, I really don't want to get involved; I have problems of my own to deal with.

Well, actually I might like a kuudere. Feel like a bit of one myself, and like seeks like I guess.

Practically every vn heroine type has some psychological issue to deal with for drama, lol. This makes their stories interesting, but in the end, you're dealing with maladjusted people of some kind most of the time. When it gets to actual disorder level, I really don't want to get involved; I have problems of my own to deal with.

I agree with this mostly. However there are various emotional issues that I don't think that should be solved in the first place. I'll take my favorite heroine, Akane from rewrite.

It's true that she ends up going crazy and wishes to wipe out mankind

but I'd gladly help her with such a goal. In fact, I think  she's cuter when she's that way.

There are tons of heroines whose "issues" are those I'd rather leave unsolved because I like them better that way. The first ones I can think of right now are Akane from rewrite and Sachi from Grisaia, but the list is quite big.

Well, actually I might like a kuudere. Feel like a bit of one myself, and like seeks like I guess.

I'll agree with most of that, though every relationship has a type of drama at some point. But it also depends on what causes their personality, i wouldn't want to be with a yandere for the sake of my sanity and safety, if i could never talk to anyone else over jealousy by her part. But maybe a tsundere can work her way into the deredere side and be more likeable. 

Thankfully my girlfriend doesn't have any particular personality traits that stand out like heroine types so less drama for me, i am a very thankful person for this.

Kuuderes.. I'm already pretty anti-social and if i was in the room with a girl that barely talked or showed any emotion it'd be too awkward so i don't think i could deal with a kuudere in real life, not that i wouldn't like her it's just that i wouldn't know how to approach her in any way.

Tsundere : well , ive know these kinds of girls a lot of it, and sometimes they just make me their slave @_@ well they are cute i guess.

Kuudere : i ve always met these kind of girls. even though they dont show their emotions in my experience they are very kind person .

Kouhai : yeah i know what it feel.

Yandere : my first girlfriend is a yandere , and it was really weird experience. she even make a marks with my initial name and her name with a knife in her hand, holy sh*t. i ended up broke up with her, i just dont want her hurt herself anymore . she sometimes bite me (well i dont mind) but.. because i move and take college in Indonesia i decided to broke up, rather she torment me with scary words or following me, but i do know some of my friends tend to tell me that my girlfriend is scary , even though she is cute . she even stares at my friend(my close friend) with a sharp eye that intends to do some bad things, i dont know whats her status or update. i think she's move on and got a new boys (for the best). and even i indonesia i still found some Yandere girls, but shes' got a boyfriend,, and the boyfriend is my friend right now.. the hell i experience the same thing my friend experience.

but it was good knowing that Yandere is very devoted . but, i just dont wanna experience another yandere experience again (for now).

That's 90% terrifying, i would have called the cops or something on her. I 'm surprised you even lasted with her.

Thankfully my girlfriend doesn't have any particular personality traits, if anything she's pretty shy but overall she's normal, meaning less drama.

Who would want to get woken up by their girlfriend in this fashion

03eqzX9.png

Tsundere:  My girlfriend when I first met her, and even now occasionally (but mostly just deredere around me).

I met her in high school when she was friends with a friend's...friend.  She was abnormally cold towards others besides her own group, especially me when I was put into the same classes/groups as her when she utterly hated everything about being with other people.  After spending a long time talking with her and just being around her more often than most, she eventually opened up to me, and I kid you not, I have never seen someone stutter their words so wonderfully cute in my life.

I do NOT want to meet another yandere if I can help it.  I knew one a long time ago, and she was SCARY.  She would act very kind most of the time, but if things didn't go her way, she would put on a rather creepy smile and attempt to psychologically MURDER people.

Are you in a manga or something, it's like your life came out of a cliché anime. You're pretty lucky then.

I think we can all agree yanderes are a no no in both real life and most of the 2D world.

Are you in a manga or something, it's like your life came out of a cliché anime. You're pretty lucky then.

I think we can all agree yanderes are a no no in both real life and most of the 2D world.

Yandere's are definitely out for me as well. The fact that someone close to you could end up possibly dead at any moment is usually a turn off for me.

Yandere's are definitely out for me as well. The fact that someone close to you could end up possibly dead at any moment is usually a turn off for me.

That's kind of BS though. Killing only happens with an incompetent protag or someone who's blatantly trying to get a harem.

It's a person obsessed with you. Leaving all the harm they'll do to themselves aside, their priority list should be about this:

Ensuring you're there for her > ensuring you're alive and safe >ensuring you're not about to disappear >ensuring you're happy> other things

So with the right words, there's little to no chance of her killing everyone. As long as you can make her believe that "you're the highest priority to me" things should never trail off to much.

With that said, I guess most people don't have the time to enter a relationship with a yandere.

Also, on my case, it'd come with much more rewards than minuses since

people close to me= no one.

If a yandere ever gets too bothersome or you feel like she'll kill someone important to you, just say something along the lines of "kill yourself. I'll put you in a bag and we'll be together forever".

That's too extreme, so I wouldn't do it, though.

That's kind of BS though. Killing only happens with an incompetent protag or someone who's blatantly trying to get a harem.

It's a person obsessed with you. Leaving all the harm they'll do to themselves aside, their priority list should be about this:

Ensuring you're there for her > ensuring you're alive and safe >ensuring you're not about to disappear >ensuring you're happy> other things

So with the right words, there's little to no chance of her killing everyone. As long as you can make her believe that "you're the highest priority to me" things should never trail off to much.

With that said, I guess most people don't have the time to enter a relationship with a yandere.

If a yandere ever gets too bothersome or you feel like she'll kill someone important to you, just say something along the lines of "kill yourself. I'll put you in a bag and we'll be together forever".

I agree with you completely, killing is not a definable trait of yandere, however, usually when a yandere is involved, the protag is incompetent to the point that the yandere usually ends up either killing another person, or themselves. However, I am not that well versed in yanderes, as I usually avoid that type of character, so I may be completely wrong on this.

Well true if we play the right cards a relationship with a yandere sounds pretty peaceful put for most people it'd be a pain, I wouldn't say she'd go off killing people but at least harm them and that's already too far for me. Maybe a relationship with a yandere would work for me since the amount of female friends i have is pretty close to 0, not that males are any different, i guess i'm a bit like Kaguya when it comes to having a lot of close friends.

What kind of line is that? Yanderes don't understand common sense and since it's an order from the person they love they'd probably indeed kill themselves, i don't want to cause a person to commit suicide. There's no way i could cope with this.

Well true if we play the right cards a relationship with a yandere sounds pretty peaceful put for most people it'd be a pain, I wouldn't say she'd go off killing people but at least harm them and that's already too far for me. Maybe a relationship with a yandere would work for me since the amount of female friends i have is pretty close to 0, not that males are any different, i guess i'm a bit like Kaguya when it comes to having a lot of close friends.

What kind of line is that? Yanderes don't understand common sense and since it's an order from the person they love they'd probably indeed kill themselves, i don't want to cause a person to commit suicide. There's no way i could cope with this.

That's true. It's too extreme, so I wouldn't do it, as I said. They'd probably kill themselves with a smile for that excuse, since "you would be together forever" afterwards.

Also, even if you're in a smooth relationship with them, you need to take extra care so that they yandere isn't overtaxing herself, because they skipping sleep for several nights to look at your pictures or this kind of thing is quite common for the archetype:

KFSFmUU.png

I agree with you completely, killing is not a definable trait of yandere, however, usually when a yandere is involved, the protag is incompetent to the point that the yandere usually ends up either killing another person, or themselves. However, I am not that well versed in yanderes, as I usually avoid that type of character, so I may be completely wrong on this.

But we're talking about real life here, so you don't need to act like those protagonists. I don't think most people would do so unless they were really idiots.

That's true. It's too extreme, so I wouldn't do it, as I said. They'd probably kill themselves with a smile for that excuse, since "you would be together forever" afterwards.

Also, even if you're in a smooth relationship with them, you need to take extra care so that they yandere isn't overtaxing herself, because they skipping sleep for several nights to look at your pictures or this kind of thing is quite common for the archetype:

KFSFmUU.png

But we're talking about real life here, so you don't need to act like those protagonists. I don't think most people would do so unless they were really idiots.

Oh, I thought we were going on the 2D situations here. In that case, you are very correct. The only chance that any form of killing would be involved would be if you had a complete and total whack-job on your hands, otherwise, most people would have enough common sense to know that killing is on no way acceptable. However, they will most likely still need some guidance so as to not do anything stupid.

Also, I finally made it to 300!

Oh, I thought we were going on the 2D situations here. In that case, you are very correct. The only chance that any form of killing would be involved would be if you had a complete and total whack-job on your hands, otherwise, most people would have enough common sense to know that killing is on no way acceptable. However, they will most likely still need some guidance so as to not do anything stupid.

Also, I finally made it to 300!

It's kind of like that... We're talking about if a normal 2D yandere existed in our 3D world and if you entered a romantic relationship with her, so they killing people wouldn't be completely impossible. In fact, if you had a common life with common relationships and didn't properly deal with her, she'd probably end up either hurting herself or someone close to you.

If you know how to properly deal with them, it's no problem, though

Also, congratulations~

I'm about to reach 800 myself~

It's kind of like that... We're talking about if a normal 2D yandere existed in our 3D world and if you entered a romantic relationship with her, so they killing people wouldn't be completely impossible. In fact, if you had a common life with common relationships and didn't properly deal with her, she'd probably end up either hurting herself or someone close to you.

If you know how to properly deal with them, it's no problem, though

Also, congratulations~

I'm about to reach 800 myself~

Congratulations to you as well.

And I am now the Conductor of the Poop Train, courtsey of Zakamutt. Scratch that, it's been brought to my attention that zaka doesn't have that kind of power.

Edited by Stanleys

KFSFmUU.png

Fair point, i think we can all have enough common sense to deal with these people in a way that won't cause an apocalypse like situation.

I don't recall a yandere doing that but it certainily is likely, maybe if you sleep with them the problem will be solved? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to. By sleep i mean sleep, let's not trail off here.

Also just noticed i reached 200 posts with this topic, 100 more to go.

Fair point, i think we can all have enough common sense to deal with these people in a way that won't cause an apocalypse like situation.

I don't recall a yandere doing that but it certainily is likely, maybe if you sleep with them the problem will be solved? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to. By sleep i mean sleep, let's not trail off here.

Also just noticed i reached 200 posts with this topic, 100 more to go.

No need to. Just something along the lines of "if you don't take proper care of your health, who will be there to protect me?" will probably have them be in the epitome of their physical conditions at all times, which includes sleeping and eating well.

PS:The conversation completely went to yanderes because of me... I may make a yandere thread. There is a thread for yuri and there is a thread for noodles (and another for rice) so I don't think it'd be a bad idea.

If I was in a manga that would be awesome first of all, but as far as luck goes....I think it's fairly normal.  Cute girlfriend, creepy "acquaintances" that I never want to meet again.  One time or more people experience such things.