Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

We've been doing a single route for, what, 9 months? So yeah, we really aren't professionals, and I haven't done shit for the vast majority of that time. Most of the burden lies on Kosuna.

I woulda just said "Fuck this shit" ages ago. 

I'm not a very motivated person.

Kudos

I just wish you could pay people to do this without it being illegal suddenly Majikoi - Majikoi A-3 gets translated in 1-2 years. If people were being payed a modest sum for their work they wouldn't suddenly lose interest in doing it.

I certainly wouldn't mind getting paid for the minimal work that I do. ^___^

I need a new PC, too, so certainly would be nice.

One way that people get around the illegal issue of getting paid for doing copyrighted work is to have donations available. That way, it's not paying for the work, but giving people money "because they want to."

I certainly wouldn't mind getting paid for the minimal work that I do. ^___^

I need a new PC, too, so certainly would be nice.

One way that people get around the illegal issue of getting paid for doing copyrighted work is to have donations available. That way it's not paying for the work, but giving people money because they want to.

Have seen some groups refuse donations specifically because that would mean they'd have to continue till the end. I mean, you can't exactly accept donations and quit halfway through and not expect some excessive backlash. So most people see donations as a kind of shackle that would force them to continue when they would want to quit.

Have seen some groups refuse donations specifically because that would mean they'd have to continue till the end. I mean, you can't exactly accept donations and quit halfway through and not expect some excessive backlash. So most people see donations as a kind of shackle that would force them to continue when they would want to quit.

That's their deal, then.

Well,donations are more like''Oh cool,i like what you guys are doing,here have some cash and let's HOPE that you wont stop'' and less like''HAHAHA,we just gave you money!Now you have to finish this or we will SUE YOU!''.If someone gives a translator(or anybody) a DONATION and gets mad when they don't complete the project,well...they're just stupid,let's face it,learn from you mistakes.(kickstarter,have you heard it?)

Well,donations are more like''Oh cool,i like what you guys are doing,here have some cash and let's HOPE that you wont stop'' and less like''HAHAHA,we just gave you money!Now you have to finish this or we will SUE YOU!''.If someone gives a translator(or anybody) a DONATION and gets mad when they don't complete the project,well...they're just stupid,let's face it,learn from you mistakes.(kickstarter,have you heard it?)

True, but people are stupid and don't see it like that, more like "we helped you with money so the least you could do is give us that translation" kinda mindset. That's what mainly causes groups to not accept donations.

Well ehhh, stupid maybe.

If a group sells it with the motivation of 'Please donate to give us the time and motivation to do this every day, it really helps us!' and then quit the project halfway through, people certainly have a right to be mad if the group received a lot of donations but still called it quits anyway. Sure, nothing was promised, but come on now.

If it's just a 'Donate if you feel like it' type of deal, which it usually is, then I see no problem regardless if they decide to go on or not.

That's why I prefer the I pay you X amount and you do X amount payment plan. I wonder how fast a translation would go with a full professional translation team doing it. I just hope for the day where Japan is like "Man those guys in the west sure do like our stuff maybe releasing this with a English translation isn't such a bad idea." There was that one VN that got put on Steam and was on the top sellers for 2 weeks so maybe the start of it?

You mean an unofficial Kickstarter kind of thing? Reach X amount with everyone's donations to reach, let's say, 50% completion guaranteed of a visual novel's translation.

Not bad, I like it. If the project group in question deals fairly according to what is promised, it would be a lucrative business for both parties.

That's why I prefer the I pay you X amount and you do X amount payment plan. I wonder how fast a translation would go with a full professional translation team doing it. I just hope for the day where Japan is like "Man those guys in the west sure do like our stuff maybe releasing this with a English translation isn't such a bad idea." There was that one VN that got put on Steam and was on the top sellers for 2 weeks so maybe the start of it?

Sakura Spirit? Didn't it suck?