Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I'll try to change the topic (good luck me :D). Has an anime or VN ever made you cry?

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a huge pansy; very emotional and empathetic. A looooot of anime/manga has made me cry, but the very few visual novels I've played have all been extremely light hearted so I've been fine on that front.

Crying and shedding tears is different right???

i mean i cried...u know...like some1 punch me in the nuts with Mjölnir

I'd say they're the same. Or at least that's what I meant. I've never like... Sobbed because of one. But a metric fuck ton of manly tears have been shed.

I'd say they're the same. Or at least that's what I meant. I've never like... Sobbed because of one. But a metric fuck ton of manly tears have been shed.

hm...when i cried usually i do a lot of sobbing n bawl a little bit. thts the difference for me.....

If I remember correctly I've only cried with Amane's good ending in Grisaia (I think I'm alone on this one here)

Didn't cry on Amane's, but I did for Yumiko's. Twice, I think. Once on Michiru's. Cried like 5 times on Katawa Shoujo, probably mostly because it was the first VN I read and wasn't used to the drama. Almost cried on the original Muv Luv. Haven't been able to get myself to read MLA because I know I will cry. 

So basically, this is me:

99f.gif

I've never cried with a movie, a series or a game before so it really surprised me.

lol....games huh..never i think..but i did shed some tears from Ffx ending.

Yeah only Hachiko n Sharin tht ever made me cry...

hm...when i cried usually i do a lot of sobbing n bawl a little bit. thts the difference for me.....

for me it's just manly tears since I haven't sobbed since I was 9? maybe 8? I'm not sure but it's been a loooooooooooooooooong time since I've full-on sobbed

I forgot how much The Last Samurai makes me cry like a bitch.

Anyways, I'll probably still do it; but rape scenes are generally one of the only things that make me feel uncomfortable in a VN.

Yeah, rape just REALLY doesn't sit well with me.  It's the thing that kills a VN the fastest for me.  If a scene is bad enough with it, I'll drop a VN entirely, even if other routes don't have it.  School Days comes to mind here.  What an awesome way to make a VN/tv cross, only to fuck it up fantastically.

Also I heard that you like em Mature.

how-to-look-good-naked-sexy-over-60-5353

No need to thank me.  :D

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

really should have clarified what I meant.  I like emotionally mature woman, and I don't mind dating woman in excess of my age, up to 30 years old. (I'm 23)  Since the two usually go hand in hand, mature (emotionally) older (than me by 2-7 years) are the best.  MILF's are nice, but I don't want to get into that.

the other one (featuring RIN!!!!): http://vndb.org/v2505

to answer your question:

No, she doesn't. Also, it's not really a disease, but... well, you'll see. play the game, it has a happy ending 

:)

Wow, thanks for the info!  And I've been into Vocaloid for a bit, but really just into Miku.  I like her voice pitch and range the best.  I've...    

*sigh* Screw it, I'll take the heat for it from you guys.

I have no god damned clue who RIN is. Never heard of her.

Probably a little late on this, but you guys post too goddamn fast. On the subject of Chris' route, I kept hearing a lot of bad things about it. Honestly, it was my favorite route that's translated so far (followed closely by Wanko, ofc.) Everyone who's talking about the 

"rape" scene

, I'll agree that it was kind of weird, but 

It totally wasn't rape. Yes, it started out forceful and not entire consensual, but she was completely fine with it later on.

It even mentions the VERY NEXT SCENE how happy she looked the next morning. I highly recommend doing Chris' route, but I may be in the minority here.

Oh, I wasn't as upset when I saw how she took it afterwards, or even right after the start.  Its the fact that it came down to having to resort to that to begin with that really made me mad. To me,

rape

does not enhance a story. If guro is a boner killer for most people in VNs, for me aforementioned content just chops it right off. I feel like it was forced into the VN for temporary shock value. It felt cheap, in an otherwise great arc, tainting it completely.

for me it's just manly tears since I haven't sobbed since I was 9? maybe 8? I'm not sure but it's been a loooooooooooooooooong time since I've full-on sobbed

Well i think it got amplified by bad exp, mate. 

I have no god damned clue who RIN is. Never heard of her.

Is that CG?  I know those thing cost us like 2 Billion a piece though.  Probably more.  So advanced nothing can get within 10 miles of them, if I remember right.

Anyways this is getting hella long, even with spoilers, gotta post now.  You guys move too fast!!!!

lol yeah me2...not an avid fan of voca...Joudan tank, Michael joudan. But its true tht im not a fan

i dont think so. Dang i think it will be too late for me to join f35 program. and why the fuk US gave permission to let other countries to buy it.

lol yeah....that is our skill....

If I remember correctly I've only cried with Amane's good ending in Grisaia (I think I'm alone on this one here)

I've never cried with a movie, a series or a game before so it really surprised me.

I keep hearing great things about Grisaia.  It's in my backlog, but would you guys recommend moving it up to the forefront of VN's I should be playing?  I'm going to polish off the FATE route of Fate Stay Night then probably pick up a new one before doing the other routes later.

Oh jeez man.  I think it's nearing a decade since I last full out cried, since it's been around 9 years.  I just had a completely uncalled for emotional meltdown with my mom while just talking before going to sleep.  Fucking bawled my eyes out for a good 10 minutes.  Honestly, I think it's because I have such a hard time showing my full emotions.  I'll show them on day to day basis, but the full extent is held well in check. The problem is it's only the negative emotions I scale back, so they probably build up.

To be honest, I'm probably overdue for my once every 10~years breakdown.  My dog died, and I had an emotionally trying breakup.  When the later happened, something snapped in me for about 2 weeks.  I couldn't be in silence, or I'd go crazy.  It's like silence had a sound and it would give me the most painful migraines.  So I basically left the entire One Piece anime series running from episode 1 to like 500 constantly, even when trying to go to sleep or showering.  If anything, since that happened I'm even better at hiding my emotions when I want too.  I'm not entirely sure it's healthy...

Ah fuck, I just went all heavy on everyone :(

Ah well, I figure ibthing to the internet just bought me like an extra year or two before it happens again :D

I keep hearing great things about Grisaia.  It's in my backlog, but would you guys recommend moving it up to the forefront of VN's I should be playing?  I'm going to polish off the FATE route of Fate Stay Night then probably pick up a new one before doing the other routes later.

Oh jeez man.  I think it's nearing a decade since I last full out cried, since it's been around 9 years.  I just had a completely uncalled for emotional meltdown with my mom while just talking before going to sleep.  Fucking bawled my eyes out for a good 10 minutes.  Honestly, I think it's because I have such a hard time showing my full emotions.  I'll show them on day to day basis, but the full extent is held well in check. The problem is it's only the negative emotions I scale back, so they probably build up.

To be honest, I'm probably overdue for my once every 10~years breakdown.  My dog died, and I had an emotionally trying breakup.  When the later happened, something snapped in me for about 2 weeks.  I couldn't be in silence, or I'd go crazy.  It's like silence had a sound and it would give me the most painful migraines.  So I basically left the entire One Piece anime series running from episode 1 to like 500 constantly, even when trying to go to sleep or showering.  If anything, since that happened I'm even better at hiding my emotions when I want too.  I'm not entirely sure it's healthy...

Ah fuck, I just went all heavy on everyone :(

Ah well, I figure ibthing to the internet just bought me like an extra year or two before it happens again :D

DOUBLE PST!!!!

God bless your dog. At least he died in natural cause.....right? if so...move on buddy!!!your future still bright!!

DOUBLE PST!!!!

God bless your dog. At least he died in natural cause.....right? if so...move on buddy!!!your future still bright!!

Dude, I freaking wish he died of natural causes.  He was so old and in pain we had to have him put down.  Right in front of me.  In my living room, while I watched.  I owed it to him to watch.

Oh, and I do shed man-tears rarely when reading VN's, but never animes or movies.  I actually just had man tears the other night while reading SERIOUS MAJIKOI SPOILER AHEAD

Majikoi, with Wanko's route. When she was crying her heart out for for failing the test to become an assistant master, I felt horrible. I don't know who her voice actor was, but she did a damn good job, and deserves a platinum award. Her voice sold that ENTIRE scene , as it carried real hopelessness & desperation. That's hard as hell to do on command.