The House in Fata Morgana - Br. Portuguese

Silvz

header.jpg?t=1504251621

A Silvz exclusive production:

Yes, it is happening!

For those who don't know yet, Novectacle is giving full support to fan translations of their novel The House in Fata Morgana. Also, for those who don't know, I study both English and Portuguese on college, and my final paper will be about Visual Novels as a literary genre. This opportunity is literally the best thing that could happen right now, because I had already planed to use Fata Morgana before their announcement, so I reached Novectacle right away and they are open to help!

This will start as a partial translation, where I will focus on what I'm using in my final paper. However, it doesn't mean that I'll stop there. I plan to release a fully localized Brazilian Portuguese version of The House in Fata Morgana! It will take a while, of course, but I guarantee with certainty (Lambdadelta approves) that this is happening!

Since I just started the translation, I don't plan on sharing anything for now, but I will keep updating the status as I progress. And since I will be translating it with the intent of working with it after, it is going to be a solo project in regards of the translation and editing. I plan on sharing partial translations as soon as I finish a chapter (each story in the game), so the first one would be the siblings' one.

What I will need in the near future:

-  Readers! I will need people to read it and share their thoughts about the translation. This is not a "translation check", but a way to help me getting the best version possible.

- Patience. My time on weekdays is pretty limited, so I will only get to work on the project on weekends. Everyone who have read Fata Morgana knows how long it is, so it is going to take some time to be finished.

- Emotional support. Yes, love. I've been translating other stuff for years, mostly anime and TV shows, so I know how frustrating it can be sometimes - the PC suddenly turns off, the lines don't fit in the boxes, you cannot find the English terms anywhere, etc.

About the quality of the translation: I will be using Mangagamer's English localization, and, as much as some may disagree, this does not mean any lack of understanding about the game nor quality loss. That being said, I will be in contact with Novectacle and ask whenever I get a question. I am a very strict person when I do a project, always aiming to do the best I can, and I'm only done when I feel it is as perfect as it can get.  I'm also starting this project with my English professor - who is a professional Portuguese translator. It will have Erika Furudo's Duct Tape guarantee (doors only).

For now, that is it. I plan to edit this post with a Portuguese version of the text, so be sure to check it later.

2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Weeeeell, I believe Brazilian Portuguese simply deviated from the original to the point it became another language, so it is not like mine is better or worst. De qualquer forma, I would love if you read it when I start the partial releases :D

2 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Weeeeell, I believe Brazilian Portuguese simply deviated from the original to the point it became another language, so it is not like mine is better or worst. De qualquer forma, I would love if you read it when I start the partial releases :D

Ainda acho Rebuçados um nome muito chique pra bala

Even though I won't read this (I mean Portuguese translation one) for very obvious reason, I still hoping that your project will be successful in the future. Quite a coincidence that Novectale gave permission to do fan translation, although it's a good coincidence though.

Edited by littleshogun