Visual Novel With Voiced Protagonist

TheEngineer2

Hi good people of Fuwanovel. 

I am looking for a new visual Novel to read. The most important to me, is that most or all of the game is voiced. In other words, the main character need to be voiced. 

Must Have

• Voiced Protagonist

Very Nice To have

• Gameplay (RPG or Strategy or SRPG)
  • Short (Preferably 10-20h. Shorter is even better)
  • Relatively Easy Japanese

Genres I like/Dislike

• Some of the genres/elements I like are Adventure/action/comedy/thriller. I would like enough action to keep my interest even with my very slow reading. I also find it more interesting with story- driven VNs than character driven. Probably because my japanese isn't good enough (yet) to pick up all the nuances in a character-driven VN .
  • I Don't like depressing and/or Melodramatic stories. Im also a bit tired of romantic and/or school stories. 

I thank you very much for any suggestion.

Hmm, I don't really have a recommendation that fits all your criteria, but one that fits some at least:

(Before I even get into the game, it's yuri. You didn't specify anything about that, but if you don't like yuri then I guess nvm.)

Seisai no Resonance has:

Pros:

- Partially voiced protagonist, (sadly she isn't voiced in the whole game, but in the common route, epilogues and H-scenes. The common route sets up the story, so it's at least somewhat helpful for people who want to refer to the voice acting as an aid to when reading.) 

- Gameplay (easy to understand even though it's all in Japanese. Boss fights and general enemy encounters in game end up as gameplay confrontations.)

- Story driven game, with less focus on standard school setting romances. (The game IS set in a school, but is completely different in almost every way from normal school set moege.)

Possible cons:

- Sadly, the game is 10-30 hours, making it a little longer than you asked for.

- It's primarily a fantasy game, I don't know whether you like those or not.

- The Japanese in the game is mostly easy, but it has some pretty tough segments, such as characters with rather unique speech patterns, utilizing very strange words from time to time. The game also has a rather unique story, and use several made up words, linked to souls, spirit powers and such. Those can be a little confusing as well for less experienced readers.

Most vns with voiced protagonists are action chuuni style but you gotta have a good level of Japanese.

I guess you could try Himawari but this one can get sad and depressing from what I hear and it doesn't fit into your criteria.

My suggestion is to be a bit more open with your request and just go for anything from Propller or Light, both companies have good action vns with voiced protags but are very difficult to read.

1 hour ago, TheEngineer2 said:

Hi good people of Fuwanovel. 

I am looking for a new visual Novel to read. The most important to me, is that most or all of the game is voiced. In other words, the main character need to be voiced. 

Must Have

• Voiced Protagonist

Very Nice To have

• Gameplay (RPG or Strategy or SRPG)
  • Short (Preferably 10-20h. Shorter is even better)
  • Relatively Easy Japanese

Genres I like/Dislike

• Some of the genres/elements I like are Adventure/action/comedy/thriller. I would like enough action to keep my interest even with my very slow reading. I also find it more interesting with story- driven VNs than character driven. Probably because my japanese isn't good enough (yet) to pick up all the nuances in a character-driven VN .
  • I Don't like depressing and/or Melodramatic stories. Im also a bit tired of romantic and/or school stories. 

I thank you very much for any suggestion.

Remember11 The Age of Infinity:

+ Voiced protagonist(s), Relatively short (20-30h), english translated, sci-fi thriller, story driven, not really depressing, no school setting, no romance at all.

-no gameplay elements

Stains;Gate / Steins;Gate 0

+ Voiced protagonist, english translated, sci-fi thriller, story driven, no school setting.

- definitely depressing, slight romance, no gameplay elements, Long (50h+) if you consider both games

Edited by WinterfuryZX

If you don't mind it being a non-action charage type, Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas has a fully-voiced trap protagonist.  Also, the second Otoboku (Futari no Elder) has a fully-voiced protagonist.  Last of all, Tenshi no Hane o Fumanaide also has full-voice for its trap protagonist.  It is also fantasy action.

Thanks so much for your replies :)  If I weren't clear in my OP; I don't expect the recommendations to meet all my "nice to have" criteria or my preferred genres. Also, for erotic/romantic content I don't mind yuri/yaoi/straight/anything as long as the story is good (and voiced ;) ). Several of these VNs seems very interesting. Propeller and Light both seem to have good action VNs, and I will look into them. Do anyone know which ones have protagonist with voice acting for sure ? The vndb tags seems so ambigous. Most of them are tagged with "partial voice acting" and a number from 1 to 3. This seems so subjective, that its hard to know. 

Another question. Does anyone know if these VNs have prot. with voice acting ? (Been on my plan to read list because of gameplay etc, but didnt want to buy until I know they have voiced prot.)

魔導巧殻 ~闇の月女神は導国で詠う~  
Madou Koukaku ~Yami no Tsuki Megami wa Doukoku de Utau~
Eushully

大帝国
Daiteikoku
Alice Soft

英雄*戦姫GOLD
Eiyuu*Senki GOLD
Tenco

天秤のLa DEA。 ~戦女神MEMORIA~
Tenbin no La DEA. ~Ikusa Megami MEMORIA~
Eushully

ランス03 リーザス陥落
Rance 03 Leazas Kanraku
Alice Soft

輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナ
Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina
Eternal

ティアーズ・トゥ・ティアラ, TtT
Tears to Tiara
Leaf

シキガミ
Shikigami
Akabei Soft2 TRY

The titles above have gameplay that looks very interesting. If any of them have voiced protagonists, they would be an immediate buy for me. They all have "partially voiced" tag on vndb. If any of you have played those games I would be extremely happy to hear if they have/don't have voiced prot. 

Again thank you so much

Edited by TheEngineer2
Found a couple of Lets play that showed two of my aforementioned games without voice acted prot. :S