300x100%20Icons.jpg

The Official Little Busters Thread

https://fuwanovel.net/novels/21

Little Busters!

Company: Key

Release date: Jul 27, 2007

Rating: All Ages

Freeware: No

EGS Score: 85 out of 100 from 1362 votes.

Translated Date: Dec 18, 2011

Translation: Team Fluffy

=-=-=-=-= i wanted to make an exception to this thread, u can talk about both the anime & the game (bcuz there's no way to separate those 2 topics anyway!)

468x60%20Banner.jpg

I'm planning to pick this up after i finish Steins;Gate, which will probably be within the next 2 weeks. In fact i may actually start playing the first few chapters as breaks because Okarin is getting on my nerves with his raving madness. So what route order would be recommended? I generally like to plan out my playthroughs of VNs in advance, but internet is failing to deliver for some reason and i'm trying my best to avoid spoilers.

I'm planning to pick this up after i finish Steins;Gate, which will probably be within the next 2 weeks. In fact i may actually start playing the first few chapters as breaks because Okarin is getting on my nerves with his raving madness. So what route order would be recommended? I generally like to plan out my playthroughs of VNs in advance, but internet is failing to deliver for some reason and i'm trying my best to avoid spoilers.

Okabe isin't mad, he is very nice. If he's mad I am a sociopath! (Maybe I am..... Nah.. I do wonder sometimes though..)

Just as with all Key titles there is a true end, (well mostly anyway) you gotto do all rutes. I don't think you will need a guide, start with Rin's rute, then do Komari I guess, afterwards do whatever. You'll understand more after a few rutes, really love that game too, so have fun if you choose it.

I generally like to plan out my playthroughs of VNs in advance, but internet is failing to deliver for some reason and i'm trying my best to avoid spoilers.

If you really insist on a guide, you can find one here with the recommended order. Interesting enough, it actually recommends Komari before Rin1... Although I actually got Rin1 on my first (without a guide) play through. I usually like to play without a guide first.

It doesn't seem to give out spoilers... You can't really figure out what the decisions mean without the context anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear Riki has Rin's voice, at first i didn't really notice but then when his voiced lines came out i was like :blink:

Rin's voice actor/CV, Tomoe Tamiyasu, provides voices for 3 characters in the visual novel, Sasami Sasasegawa, Riki Naoe, and of course, Rin Natsume. I know it's pretty surprising. This does not carry over in the anime because it would be impossible for her to do 3 characters in the anime.

Unless your patch is genuinely broken, although I doubt it.

I have seriously played all of the version of this game, now going through the converted edition on vita, and I must say I did not find this VN boring at all. This is seriously one of the best VN of all time and I think deserved an official localization.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but do you guys think that it's going to be a true end with the anime? since so far, that's what I'm seeing

Rin's voice actor/CV, Tomoe Tamiyasu, provides voices for 3 characters in the visual novel, Sasami Sasasegawa, Riki Naoe, and of course, Rin Natsume. I know it's pretty surprising. This does not carry over in the anime because it would be impossible for her to do 3 characters in the anime.

Unless your patch is genuinely broken, although I doubt it.

That's interesting. But what made me really wtf is Riki having a girl's voice. Not a grown-woman-acting-a-young-boy voice, but literally a girl's voice. Can't help but wonder whether this is intended. It does make his voiced parts hilarious at times though.

I have seriously played all of the version of this game, now going through the converted edition on vita, and I must say I did not find this VN boring at all. This is seriously one of the best VN of all time and I think deserved an official localization.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but do you guys think that it's going to be a true end with the anime? since so far, that's what I'm seeing

It only makes sense that it would do that.

While you talk about voices I must say that Kyousukes voice actor is amazing. Whenever you hear his voice in any anime or visual novel you know you can expect awesomness from that character.

I kinda like Rikis voice even though I reacted the first time I heard it and first thought I heard Rin or something. It fit his character perfectly.

Just waiting for the Ex version right now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

not particularly thrilled with the anime..... it's going down the chasms of generic....

I started the anime. I have to admit I hate it. That being said ive just downloaded the game as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Tho I have to admit im hesitant, because i wanna like it. The anime just COMPLETELY turned me off.

Sigh not sure what to do. Cant get the stupitity of the anime out of my mind. Should of known better to watch the anime first.

What do you guys think?

I know Little Busters is a lot of you guys favorite VN. Thats why I wanted to play it. Just the anime really left a bad impression. Im not badmouthing LB. Please understand that.

I myself have never seen an anime that is better than the visual novel.

Some people who watched the anime Tsukihime though it was terrible to the point that they denied it's existence but they still loved the visual novel so I would still try little busters as it's one of the best VNs out there.

The worst thing that can happen is that you dislike it and stop reading :)

I started the anime. I have to admit I hate it. That being said ive just downloaded the game as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Tho I have to admit im hesitant, because i wanna like it. The anime just COMPLETELY turned me off.

Sigh not sure what to do. Cant get the stupitity of the anime out of my mind. Should of known better to watch the anime first.

What do you guys think?

I know Little Busters is a lot of you guys favorite VN. Thats why I wanted to play it. Just the anime really left a bad impression. Im not badmouthing LB. Please understand that.

What you should realize is that just as I'm sure you've played other KEY works, the story in the beginning may not represent the VN as a whole, and that is what Little Busters! anime show so far. In my opinion, the anime is not as bad of an adaptation as, say tsukihime. But as an anime, they cannot exactly animate each character routes, and that is what Playing Little Busters! is all about, which is why I recommend anyone watching the anime to play the game first.

I suggest to try out the game first, finish one or two of the characters' routes and see for yourself whether to like it or not in the end

What do you guys think?

Truth be told I didn't like the anime either. The vn is alot better.

To make you avoid ruining the vn, I would put it off. Then read it at a later time. So I would just pick another VN for now, many to pick from~ Then try LB a 1-3weeks later.

IMHO that's the best way, I wouldn't rush reading it if the anime image would ruin it! I would wipe my memory of it each time I finished it, if I could. That way I could reread it in its full glory forever. Well that was kinda exaggerating it but whatever...

While the visual novel was my favorite among those I've played so far, I can't help but feel disapointed in this anime adaptation.

I know that animes tend to skip content from the work they are adapted from because of their constraints, and especially true for eroges seeing they usually can't animate all routes, but this anime feel somewhat a bit too rushed to me, like he moment when Haruka gave Rikki back his idioms dictionary which was shortened to the point the humor of the original scene didn't show here.

Very disappointing when seeing other Key novels adaptation that do quite well on their own.

Truth be told I didn't like the anime either. The vn is alot better.

To make you avoid ruining the vn, I would put it off. Then read it at a later time. So I would just pick another VN for now, many to pick from~ Then try LB a 1-3weeks later.

IMHO that's the best way, I wouldn't rush reading it if the anime image would ruin it! I would wipe my memory of it each time I finished it, if I could. That way I could reread it in its full glory forever. Well that was kinda exaggerating it but whatever...

Yeah thats what im planning on doing. Ill give it some time then go back to it. Its obvious its a great VN or it wouldnt be on so many peoples favorite lists. But man, whoever is in charge of the anime should get kicked in the dingding!!! Just horrible!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i just finished this and it is awesome. Refrain is one of the most epic things i have seen. I probably won't watch the anime though, i personally think there's no point since most vn animes are basically rehashes of the original story and i rarely watch animes anyway. Now to find a big enough box to contain all these feels ._.

That's interesting. But what made me really wtf is Riki having a girl's voice. Not a grown-woman-acting-a-young-boy voice, but literally a girl's voice. Can't help but wonder whether this is intended. It does make his voiced parts hilarious at times though.

My theory is that he was given a girlish voice because he was supposed to be a weak and feminine character..

which was why you have to keep on playing through the various routes so that he can keep on growing stronger for the Refrain route

Well i just finished this and it is awesome. Refrain is one of the most epic things i have seen. I probably won't watch the anime though, i personally think there's no point since most vn animes are basically rehashes of the original story and i rarely watch animes anyway. Now to find a big enough box to contain all these feels ._.

Refrain is simply awesome. I should replay reinstall LB and replay Refrain again :P

• 3 years later...

Dear Key fans from Kazamatsuri

Your recent comment on Fuwanovel's Little Busters review was a wonderful read. No recent comment has filled me with such derisive laughter. I want to thank you, the chuckling was very therapeutic and the perfect way to start the day.

“Little Busters! is a story of friendship. It’s a story about discovering yourself through others, and learning to find happiness even when surrounded by overwhelming darkness. It’s a story of having faith in others and in yourself, even if you have doubts sometimes. It’s a story of moving on from the past to look to the future, and about growing stronger in the face of fear and adversity. And it’s also a story about fighting for what you love, no matter how hopeless things may seem. And of course, it’s a simple story of having fun with friends.”

Very true. The Bible is also a story about all these things (except the having fun with friends part.) Consequently I expect you to have loads of fun with it, and for it to ‘change your life’. What’s that? It’s boring as all shit? But it contains almost all of the above, so it can't possibly be 'boring as all shit'.

In fact I could write a 5 line story which encompasses most of those beloved themes above and it’d be utter shit. A story is more than it’s ‘themes’. It’s more than the characters, it’s more than the plot. Rather it’s HOW it delivers all of these aspects to provide an experience in the reader. You can have the best plot in the world and ruin it by (for example) destroying all the mystery or repeatedly halting the progress and pacing of the plot to go off and do other things (like STUFF AROUND.) You could have the best characters in the world and ruin it by not knowing the purpose of a scene and therefore showing those characters at the wrong time (or repeatedly including those characters in scenes where they do nothing more than STUFF AROUND. Which also means you don't get the purpose of a scene.) You could have the best themes in the world in the most boring story in the world which would make it (overall) still a poor story. Reviewers that think ‘oh shit. Such themes. Must be awesome’ are never worth listening to, TBH.

I know a few people that have even had their lives changed by it for the better (like with Komari’s happiness spiral theory that someone started implementing into their life).

A philosophical idea that’s been around for millennia and is in countless media. Little Busters is surely at the top of the tree for including this idea.

Did you even read/play Little Busters!? It has the strongest cast out of all Key VNs (and would say it has one of the strongest casts out of all VNs as well)

Pfffft. I’d comment but I’m too busy laughing.

Kazamatsuri, have a care. Your arguments for everybody loving Little Busters are not as cogent as you think. SolidBatman had plenty of valid reasons for not liking the VN. It's time to let it go.