Medium length... something

Funyarinpa

I guess I'm looking for the sort of thing that makes me feel comfy, or is at least atmospheric. 

30-35 hours max.

Age doesn't matter (age of the VN).

Preferably light on the SoL (really not my deal).

Good music and atmosphere.

PC, though I could also consider Android

It's just that save for the Higurashi releases, there's very little on the horizon I'm really interested in (S;G 0, Root Double's Vita port... that's all I can think of right now.)

As for examples, the closest would be something along the lines of Never7. SoL-like, comfy and friendly, but gets intriguing at the end.

You read Everlasting Summer? If not, go for it. You might enjoy it, since it's precisely what you're looking for. Be sure to read all of the routes, though; it's the kind of a story, that benefits and grows with every single route finished. When you'll reach the conclusion, grab one Pioneer's Story, as it adds a lot to the backstory; when you're at it, might as well grab Wintertale for the feels.

Edited by Narcosis

So basically, you're asking for iyashikei without slice of life? not sure if that's even possible, depending on your definition of SOL.

Anyway, I'd suggest Valhalla, which seems like what you're asking, medium length, comfy, great music/atmosphere and more focused on worldbuilding than SOL. beside that, I can only think of things that aren't vns.

Well, Overdrive's music VNs usually bring some nice friendly atmosphere and the feeling of a great adventure and freedom. If you like eventful and light "road trip" genre, try "Kira, Kira". It also becomes much more serious in the true route. Deadrops is a bit more agressive and energetic.

Edited by yorikbad