reading manga on pc

havoc

Maybe try HoneyView.
It supports right to left and left to right reading, dual page display, fullscreen, different shortcuts to flip pages and change chapters/folders, bookmarks, and other stuff.
It also supports image folders, zip folders, 7z files, and rar files.

In general though, PCs really aren't particularly optimized to read books. Every application you could find will basically feel akin to browsing an image gallery, or at least it was like that in my experience.

This is why I got a tablet by the way, it feels so much better to be able to read manga on it. Perhaps consider saving up for one some time if you're really into manga. :)

Just now, Nosebleed said:

Maybe try HoneyView.
It supports right to left and left to right reading, dual page display, fullscreen, different shortcuts to flip pages and change chapters/folders, bookmarks, and other stuff.
It also supports image folders, zip folders, 7z files, and rar files.

In general though, PCs really aren't particularly optimized to read manga to be honest. Every application you could find will basically feel akin to browsing an image gallery, or at least it was like that in my experience.

This is why I got a tablet by the way, it feels so much better to be able to read manga on it, perhaps consider saving up for one some time if you're really into manga. :)

I have a tablet, but i tend to find it easier on the eyes to use the larher pc screen.
And CDisplay works great in the scrolling with a mouseweel department.

My only real problem with what i am using is the way it reads the images,
If a image is set in a zip file is numbered 01,02,03,10,20,30 everything is fine, but if it is numbered 1,2,3,10,20,30 it will read 1,10,2,20,3,30.

That's not a problem with the viewer then, it's a problem with whoever named the page files. Every file browser will always read things by alphabetical order, and 1 comes before 2, so a file named 10.jpg will always be read before one named 2.jpg, that's why any person with a brain should save their pages as 01, 02, etc. And if there's more than 100 pages, then 001, 002, 003, etc.

And really? What do you use to read manga on your tablet? Just curious since I always found it easier to read on one.
I use an application called Tachiyomi which has been a life saver ever since I found it. It's super costumizeable (my favorite feature is probably the webtoon reader which almost no application ever has). And not only does it let you use batoto as a source (which most apps don't), it lets you sync with MAL so your list is always up to date. Plus you can make individual lists on the app itself with tags, it's really great.

30 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

That's not a problem with the viewer then, it's a problem with whoever named the page files. Every file browser will always read things by alphabetical order, and 1 comes before 2, so a file named 10.jpg will always be read before one named 2.jpg, that's why any person with a brain should save their pages as 01, 02, etc. And if there's more than 100 pages, then 001, 002, 003, etc.

And really? What do you use to read manga on your tablet? Just curious since I always found it easier to read on one.
I use an application called Tachiyomi which has been a life saver ever since I found it. It's super costumizeable (my favorite feature is probably the webtoon reader which almost no application ever has). And not only does it let you use batoto as a source (which most apps don't), it lets you sync with MAL so your list is always up to date. Plus you can make individual lists on the app itself with tags, it's really great.

Ebookdroid, has a option for fluid scrolling.
But manga on my tablet is really limited as i mostly read the manga on pc and the actual light novels on my tablet.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

My only real problem with what i am using is the way it reads the images. If a image is set in a zip file is numbered 01,02,03,10,20,30 everything is fine, but if it is numbered 1,2,3,10,20,30 it will read 1,10,2,20,3,30.

You can use 1-4a Rename to batch change the filenames, if they're badly named.

Scanlators and distro makers also should finally learn how to properly archive and distribute their stuff; its 2016, for fucks sake.

9 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

You can use 1-4a Rename to batch change the filenames, if they're badly named.

Scanlators and distro makers also should finally learn how to properly archive and distribute their stuff; its 2016, for fucks sake.

that or, the programs should finally get a button to switch between alphabetically and numerically.

All I know are websites accessible by browser, like MangaFox or OneManga.

The browser thing is clunky though, I wish I knew of an app optimized for reading. Even though I don't enjoy manga or any kind of comicĀ that much. So much for my "Mortadelo y FilemĆ³n" ("Clever and Smart") days.

MangaMeeya. Not found a better program yet.

Ā 

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6401-mangameeya.html

Ā 

It has all the abilities. I'd not read Manga without it. All dthe different options for scaling, two page or one page, and I love the "Page-Flip" SFX, which adds some atmosphere to it.

Ā 

mkOq56jXbFatS6mcZDrTFwYyOtUx9-J~SHKmiF~9

Ā 

An example of how it looks, though it looks like from XP, on W7 it looks different.

10 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

MangaMeeya. Not found a better program yet.

Ā 

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6401-mangameeya.html

Ā 

It has all the abilities. I'd not read Manga without it. All dthe different options for scaling, two page or one page, and I love the "Page-Flip" SFX, which adds some atmosphere to it.

Ā 

mkOq56jXbFatS6mcZDrTFwYyOtUx9-J~SHKmiF~9

Ā 

An example of how it looks, though it looks like from XP, on W7 it looks different.

Tried a couple of possible replacements,
CDisplay ex, could not get it to work properly and comes bundles with a lot of third party software so i did not trust it.

Comic rack, look like a great tool for organizing your library and reading, but also reads pages alphabetically and i cant find a way to make it read numerically.

Mangameeya, simple and elegant a lot like the old CDisplay and does read numerically. So this is by far the best contender.
So far though i have had one problem with it and that is the way the page scroll works,
When i set fit page to with of screen, not the entire page fits on the screen at once and you have to scroll through it, problem is with CDisplay this works by scrolling with the mouse wheel and once you reach the end of the page it goes to the next page. With Mangameeya the mousewheel immidiatly skips to the next page and i can only scroll through a page by clicking the page, holding it and dragging the mouse back. This is really annoying, is there any fix for this?

Okay so i now got mangameeya to scroll the page up and down with the mouse wheel, except now it does not jump to the next page when i reach the bottom of the page with scrolling.
Anybody got an idea how to fix it?, i can go to the next page with the mouse button, but that just feels wrong i prefer needing just the scroll wheel to go through the entire manga.

EDIT: scratch my question, i managed to fix it.

12 minutes ago, Bolverk said:

I've so far only been usingĀ Ā HoneyView. ItĀ works alright.Ā  mangameeyaĀ  looks better though. I might try it out as well.

It works great, the only thing i have with it is that it takes a while to set up properly.
Altough i still prefer the old CDisplay to it, the only problem with that one is that it cannot read numerically and only does alphabetically and has some problems with file names that contain signs like stars and hearts.

Ā 

http://www.cdisplay.me/

9 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Why? Fit to Window is better.

Bigger pictures and there is no need to place the entire pace on the screen at once.
Besides the text can get a little small if i fit to screen. (in my opinion)
And allĀ  the space you waste if you fit to screen on a 19:10 monitor.