about vn songs

It can be done, but it requires a different set of skills than those possessed by the average tl group.  To be blunt, it needs a timer, a typesetter, and an encoder, all of which require skills that are different from those of the average fantranslator group.  You'd pretty much have to coop with an anime fansub group to make it work, and the fansub scene is pretty much dead these days.

Edit: I should also add that about 90% of fansubbers refuse to work on anything with h-content.

Translated lyrics always sound like arse when going between Japanese and English. To translate properly you’d need to be incredibly liberal, like ‘Ari no Mama de,’ which was a localised version of the song ‘Let it Go’ from Frozen. Both versions of ‘Ari no Mama de’ did incredibly well as a song, topping some charts if I remember correctly, yet look at the differences between the Japanese script and the English script. Which is pretty much what you need to do when you translate them, because doing it literally makes the song sound like arse. And if the song sounds like arse when you translate it, what’s the point if it’s only the OP? :S

I suppose it'd be interesting for curious people to know kinda what they're singing about, but I doubt there'd be a huge call for it so what's the point? Anime companies do it and they're always terrible. I doubt many people sit there and reads the translated lyrics of an anime OP.

2 hours ago, Rooke said:

Translated lyrics always sound like arse when going between Japanese and English. To translate properly you’d need to be incredibly liberal, like ‘Ari no Mama de,’ which was a localised version of the song ‘Let it Go’ from Frozen. Both versions of ‘Ari no Mama de’ did incredibly well as a song, topping some charts if I remember correctly, yet look at the differences between the Japanese script and the English script. Which is pretty much what you need to do when you translate them, because doing it literally makes the song sound like arse. And if the song sounds like arse when you translate it, what’s the point if it’s only the OP? :S

I suppose it'd be interesting for curious people to know kinda what they're singing about, but I doubt there'd be a huge call for it so what's the point? Anime companies do it and they're always terrible. I doubt many people sit there and reads the translated lyrics of an anime OP.

I'm one of those people who sits there and reads the translated lyrics of an anime OP. I love that they do it, even though I wholeheartedly agree that they're almost always terrible (I can't remember any non-terrible ones at the moment, though there are probably some). The only anime I'm currently watching with translated lyrics is Zero no Tsukaima. The translated OP lyrics are nothing short of atrocious.