Hello all! Developer here.

AdultSciFi

Hello! I am 46 years old and have been programming almost my entire life. I've always wanted to create a game but life wasn't interested. But now I have the possibility to create one so I will start by making a VN style game (with some differences). I hope that you will appreciate my project and that you will help me with comments and feedbacks! You can find my project's thread here. Hope to read you soon!

Oh, welcome to Fuwanovel and enjoy your stay here. As for the project, let's just said the screenshot was quite interesting although will the sprite change if we had different gender ie man and woman MC sprite will be different. I think as of now your project still lacking info, so I couldn't comment much. Good luck for your project, and if you need help don't hesitate to ask us, especially if you need some idea from us.

Thanks for the welcomes :D

Arcadeotic, are you a dev yourself? And if so, what is your project?

Littleshogun, the image and story will be modified to allow for the player to play a male or female. It will require more renders and more story so that's why I have a Patreon goal just for adding the male character. The original story will only be with a female character. I have posted a test interface in the project's thread if you want to take a look a it and let me know what you think about it.

Funyarinpa ahahah I haven't heard this in a very long time! Thanks :D

Flutterz, thanks! I don't have a favorite VN as I haven't played any as far as I remember. I decided to make a VN because I wanted to start with a relatively game to make since I am working alone on the project.

Hello, welcome to the fuwa, it's good to have more creative minds around here to indulge themselves in what the love to do.

Hope things go well for you and the game you're making, it will be a challenge to work alone on this, but regardless, i'm sure things will work out.

Have fun here and have some moe.

Spoiler

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1609702.jpg

I think the female MC there had quite good sprite, and looks like it was quite unusual interface I supposed. Not that could comment much though other than I think the interface was fine. Oh, I think female MC was like Dante from Devil May Cry in term of appearance (Not gender obviously). Other than that, once again good luck with your project.

PS - 46 years old? Quite old to joining this forum, but nothing wrong with that though (Really). Well, once again hope you could had fun here.

Marcus-beta, thanks for the suggestions but I will use Unity to program the game. I have a programming background and want to learn it. It may also help if I want to do things that are not possible in VN engines.

Ittaku, thanks, and glad to meet someone our age :lol:  Are you programming a VN yourself?

Leaf, thanks!

Littleshogun, thanks for the feedback! Hahaha, as people my age grew with computers you should expect to see more and more older people on the internet. :D Maybe not so much here but in general.

CvkHawk1547, thanks!

25 minutes ago, AdultSciFi said:

Ittaku, thanks, and glad to meet someone our age :lol:  Are you programming a VN yourself?

No I'm a linux kernel and bitcoin hacker primarily. My VN interest is purely on the translation side. While I have a translation project of my own (ToHeart2), I did very little programming on it, being the translator for it and other groups' projects (currently Clover Day's).