Steam Anime Weekend Sale

Noumi Kudryavka

I'd recommend Kindred Spirits on the Roof, great quality for the money in my opinion. I'll second Decay's recommendation for Littlewitch Romanesque, and add that the H-scenes that were cut really weren't worth anyone's time anyway.

I gave Grisaia a shot, but found the main character to be insufferably nonchalant, for lack of a better description. He seemed like one of those bad fan-fic characters who's perfect at everything. The art was fantastic, but that was all I really liked about it so far.

Regarding Neptunia, eh... if you've played one, you've kind of played them all. Very grind-heavy, not much depth there, and it quickly becomes obvious that they recycled most of their assets to the point where it can't be ignored. Even the level layouts are duplicated after a few hours. It's a decent game, but not for everyone. It is adorable, so there is that.

Everyone should at least give Recettear a try, it's surprisingly fun and has a lot of depth in the Disgaea sense; a simple exterior with complex systems for those willing to learn them.

9 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Why would I want a console that's a step down from the 360?  :sachi:

Seriously, though, all I wanted was to be able to play my 360 games again (well, that and a 250GB HDD), and I don't trust used consoles enough to spend over a hundred bucks on one unless I know the person that I'm buying it from.  Call me paranoid.

Xbox One is the most recent .-. and I think it has compatibility to Xbox 360 games. Also, it is way cheaper than 300 dollars.

I agree with Dacay here, this was not a smart purchase

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

Xbox One is the most recent .-. and I think it has compatibility to Xbox 360 games. Also, it is way cheaper than 300 dollars.

I agree with Dacay here, this was not a smart purchase

It's compatible with some 360 games.  Most of the ones I own aren't compatible, and I don't really want to wait for them to be so I can play them (I also don't want any XB1 exclusives, so less of a reason to get an XB1).  If you read the fine print on the page for backwards compatibility it also says, "Games subject to change," which I'm assuming could potentially include rightsholders removing their games from the list, as well as referring to the fact that more games will eventually be added.  I want no part of games potentially being removed with no way for me to play a game I legally own (without paying for them twice, and screw that) until the 360 is finally cracked for emulation.  I'm not as dumb as you think I am  :sachi:

1 hour ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

Didn't realize there was a topic for it. Oops. Doesn't seem like that topic is getting any replies now though. :P
Just merge them or delete this one when the sale is over or whenever. Doesn't really matter.

Nah, I don't care that much, and people always make separate threads for large sales, anyway.  It's kinda impossible to prevent  : P

EDIT: I bought Recettear because it was cheap.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

It's compatible with some 360 games.  Most of the ones I own aren't compatible, and I don't really want to wait for them to be so I can play them (I also don't want any XB1 exclusives, so less of a reason to get an XB1).  If you read the fine print on the page for backwards compatibility it also says, "Games subject to change," which I'm assuming could potentially include rightsholders removing their games from the list, as well as referring to the fact that more games will eventually be added.  I want no part of games potentially being removed with no way for me to play a game I legally own (without paying for them twice, and screw that) until the 360 is finally cracked for emulation.  I'm not as dumb as you think I am  :sachi:

Nah, I don't care that much, and people always make separate threads for large sales, anyway.  It's kinda impossible to prevent  : P

EDIT: I bought Recettear because it was cheap.

You're not dumb, I just disagree with your purchase =(

Anyway, I'd recommend buying a Wii U, so why am I complaining? :sachi: