Translation Help Please!

Naoe

Alright so here's what's going on. . .

I want to read some untranslated Visual Novels, but i can't find a program that works. Even a simple one like Chiitrans gives me an error.

And there are not really any good tutorials out there that I can find that helps. Only ones that say "oh just do that and you're done". When they don't really show you where to go. This is driving me crazy man. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thank You.

3 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

what error is chiitrans lite giving you exactly? what OS are you using right now? 

here is a tutorial I made a while ago

It says something about a a server being unavailable, and im using Windows 10. Oh and yeah i did see that but it was kind of hard to understand.

3 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

this might help you. what you want is step 3, the bare essentials and maybe on wards. it tells you how to work atlas which is essential atm for text hookers like ith or chitrans as its works as a dictionary for those programs. if you need anymore help feel free to ask.

https://amaenboda.wordpress.com/tag/atlas-ith-tutorial/

Altlas huh? i heard it before. is it easy to use?

just install it and i believe chitrans, ith, or ithvnr will hook onto it automatically. like i said, it is essential if youre going to use text hookers.

woh hey im not asking for hookers im just asking for VN help. xD

this might help you. what you want is step 3, the bare essentials and maybe on wards. it tells you how to work atlas which is essential atm for text hookers like ith or chitrans as its works as a dictionary for those programs. if you need anymore help feel free to ask.

https://amaenboda.wordpress.com/tag/atlas-ith-tutorial/

oh so btw atlas needs to be used with another program?

just try this. http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/software/packaged-software/translation/atlas/software/

download the top one that says its a 30 day trial. move your clock back to 2009 and then use this crack http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7g9znfv3nzl37s/ATL14U3E.exe

DO NOT OPEN ATLAS UNTIL THE CRACK HAS BEEN APPLIED!!

crack and hookers for you naoe. dont you feel lucky. ;)

excuse me, this is the crack http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7g9znfv3nzl37s/ATL14U3E.exe

you still need that other one though.

29 minutes ago, Naoe said:

It says it's already expired

You need the crack.

26 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

just try this. http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/software/packaged-software/translation/atlas/software/

download the top one that says its a 30 day trial.

The trial was taken down a while ago cause it expired last year.

By the way, the error you are having is a simple case of the machine translator that you are using not responding. If you read Deep Blue's guide, as well as some of the comments in there, you'll get that answer right away.

Using Atlas will fix if. Or just adding any other translator from the built in ones in the list in chiitrans. "Translation, Additional translators" add one from the side panel.

I find it kind of curious that everyone immediately assumed he wanted to machine translate.

Just a heads up: getting into text hooking is a big ordeal.  If you're expecting to get set up in 30min or so and instantly be able to understand VNs in Japanese... you're in for a big disappointment.  Text hooking requires a certain level of tech savviness and perseverance.  Many games won't hook without tinkering.  The tools aren't terribly user-friendly and require customization, especially if you want to rely on machine translation.  Then there's the output: you either have to invest heavily in learning JP to use parsers, or figure out how to interpret machine translation.  Either way, playing VNs in JP will be mentally draining.

Just now, sanahtlig said:

I find it kind of curious that everyone immediately assumed he wanted to machine translate.

Well the reason is simple: Because the error he is encountering is a machine translator not working, so we obviously assumed that is what he wants help with. He had also called the thread "translation help."

He is not talking about hooking the source text and reading it in Japanese, he is talking about hooking it and using a machine translator. At least that is what everything in the thread spells out.

I just checked out his first thread.  He's only played 1 VN and he's jumping into machine translation.  And no one stopped him?  Are you guys insane?  o.O

There's plenty of VNs in English to play before you go off the beaten path.  Don't rush into machine translation until you've exhausted the best games in English.  It's not as glorious as you might think.

9 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I just checked out his first thread.  He's only played 1 VN and he's jumping into machine translation.  And no stopped him?  Are you guys insane?  o.O

There's plenty of VNs in English to play before you go off the beaten path.  Don't rush into machine translation until you've exhausted the best games in English.  It's not as glorious as you might think.

Gotta say I agree to this.

There is nothing wrong with giving machine translations a go, but there is a lot of translated games you can play before you have to resort to this ... evil. 

That being said, if you truly want to go into machine translations now then by all means, go ahead. The error you are encountering is, like I said, simply a case of the current translator not working. Replace it with Atlas or any other working one and you are good to go. If you are using chiitrans, go into Options > Translation > Additional translators > double click the translators you want from the right field to activate them.

(Which one is the best? They are all crap :Kappa: )

2 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

I just checked out his first thread.  He's only played 1 VN and he's jumping into machine translation.  And no stopped him?  Are you guys insane?  o.O

well he doesnt have a vndb account so is hard to tell what he played already, I don't usually go checking  the threads of new users.:shrug:

7 hours ago, Naoe said:

It says something about a a server being unavailable, and im using Windows 10. Oh and yeah i did see that but it was kind of hard to understand.

Altlas huh? i heard it before. is it easy to use?

what part didn't you understand? maybe I can explain it a bit better or in a simpler way but I need to know why was it hard to understand in the first place

30 minutes ago, Naoe said:

Look normally i wouldn't read japanese only VNs, but if it involves anything Majikoi i got to do it. That's the only reason i wanted to do this. BTW I've now gone through Majikoi S so that makes 2 VNs?!

There's an active fan translation of Majikoi A.  You could always just wait.

If you just want to machine translate, Visual Novel Reader is probably the best place to start.  It's designed for beginners.  You'll still need to get ATLAS working, as it's the best machine translator I know of.

Just now, sanahtlig said:

There's an active fan translation of Majikoi A.  You could always just wait.

If you just want to machine translate, Visual Novel Reader is probably the best place to start.  You'll still need to get ATLAS working, as it's the best machine translator I know of.

Well of course i know about that but who knows when it will be finished, and then what about A 2-5? There may never be translations of those.