Make me play Muv Luv

Guimu

I'm sure I've said it before, but I love MLA... it takes a while to get into and as long as you realise before you start its All-Ages. You'll be fine.

I'll admit I took a bit of a blow when I realised there was no H-scenes, but since the story was so good it was but a thought of a millisecond.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I love MLA... it takes a while to get into and as long as you realise before you start its All-Ages. You'll be fine.

I'll admit I took a bit of a blow when I realised there was no H-scenes, but since the story was so good it was but a thought of a millisecond.

You played wrong MLA. There are plenty of H-scenes in each of trilogy. H-Scenes in MLA are even uhhh... interesting.

Its time to go hunting I think... I'm pretty sure I had no H-scenes.

Here's list of H-scenes of MLA:

- Takeru "remembers" his sex scenes from MLU/MLE, pretty much every of them

- Takeru + Sumika

- Sumika + BETA

Maybe there were more, but at least it had these.

Here's list of H-scenes of MLA:

- Takeru "remembers" his sex scenes from MLU/MLE, pretty much every of them

- Takeru + Sumika

- Sumika + BETA

Maybe there were more, but at least it had these.

Well, time to replay MLA, I must have done it wrong :D

• 3 weeks later...

i don't see why people in this thread say that muv-luv extra is boring (i haven't played unlimited and alternative yet)...

but i think this VN is hilarious, promising and really makes me laugh a lot, and currently i am playing sumika's route :D :D

can anybody here explain why muv-luv extra / unlimited is boring, according to your view?

*well i will assume people who dislike ithis VN haven't played (or even known anything about) alternative first :P *

i don't see why people in this thread say that muv-luv extra is boring (i haven't played unlimited and alternative yet)...

but i think this VN is hilarious, promising and really makes me laugh a lot, and currently i am playing sumika's route :D/> :D/>

can anybody here explain why muv-luv extra / unlimited is boring, according to your view?

*well i will assume people who dislike ithis VN haven't played (or even known anything about) unlimited first :P/> *

It's a really generic highschool setting X with not a lot of intrigue and some pretty hit or miss humor. It has a ton of foreshadowing though, so it's a trip to play through it again, but first time through it's just stuff thats very trite and very empty. Also almost all of the side routes besides Sumika's and Meiyas are really badly written and pointless in their entirety.

Did you read any romcom vns before?

Basically its read-once-know-them-all stuff, so reading same jokes as any other vn, with same chars, same situations etc. is annoying. There was some good stuff in MLE, like training before match, and some side-routes, but daily interaction with Sumika was nearly unbearable.

Also almost all of the side routes besides Sumika's and Meiyas are really badly written and pointless in their entirety.

If you're talking about Extra, I'd have to disagree with you. The sides routes were very funny and interesting for me, especially Tamase's. :D

but daily interaction with Sumika was nearly unbearable.

Well said. ^_^

@RusAnon

Did you read any romcom vns before?

Basically its read-once-know-them-all stuff, so reading same jokes as any other vn, with same chars, same situations etc. is annoying. There was some good stuff in MLE, like training before match, and some side-routes, but daily interaction with Sumika was nearly unbearable.

btw would you consider hoshizora no memoria or katawa shoujo or clannad as romcom?

i have nothing to say if you say that muv-luv extra is just boring for you, perhaps you must have read so many VN with the same topic as muv-luv extra before,

so i believe you must be an expert in this kind of VN (i am still new on VNs too anyway) :P

but i did enjoy it so far and it really is really entertaining, but i will follow everyone's advice here that i will play only sumika's and meiya's route :)

btw i am sorry if it is just me who finds this VN really good to read :P

ah, do anyone here know how to quote someone's post?

but i did enjoy it so far and it really is really entertaining, but i will follow everyone's advice here that i will play only sumika's and meiya's route :)/>

No reason to miss side-routes if its fun to you. I'd advice to at least read Ayamine's route, because I was very regretting missing it when got to Coup arc.

No reason to miss side-routes if its fun to you. I'd advice to at least read Ayamine's route, because I was very regretting missing it when got to Coup arc.

okay i would read it :P

i am kind of curious as to why muv-luv alternative has a really high score (perfect 10!) and places 1st on vndb database based on its rating...

actually what is so good about it? but i have to acknowledge that its OP is really good :)

* btw i won't expect some kind of spoilers for the answers anyway, :P *

Right, so I actually started reading this as well. Haven't finished MLA yet but my random guess is that I might be about halfway through (I'm at the point where "Unit 00" is first introduced). But it's been a while since a VN had me this hooked right from the start. And by start I mean Unlimited.

Btw, boy am I glad I didn't skip Extra and Unlimited. Knowing all that backstory is making MLA so much more fun to read. And helps you understand the characters a lot more. Besides, Unlimited is pretty good imo, and Extra isn't nearly as horrible as people say.

Well, if you first played MLE with the mindset of wanting to see the Mecha action story, then I believe that most would be disappointed. Because like me, the first time I played MLE, I was very annoyed and disappoint with the lack of mecha action, and I skipped halfway through Sumika's and all of Meiya's in MLE just to reach MLU.

But, if people would take time to read the whole MLE, then, when they get to MLA, most characters would be familiar to them. (Of course, there are also those characters from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien that I wanted to play! And get to know too! XD)

Well, if you first played MLE with the mindset of wanting to see the Mecha action story, then I believe that most would be disappointed. Because like me, the first time I played MLE, I was very annoyed and disappoint with the lack of mecha action, and I skipped halfway through Sumika's and all of Meiya's in MLE just to reach MLU.But, if people would take time to read the whole MLE, then, when they get to MLA, most characters would be familiar to them. (Of course, there are also those characters from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien that I wanted to play! And get to know too! XD)

....i bet most people here have a mindset like that :D

...and perhaps the reason about why this thread exists :P

I shall tell you why and also why not

Why not

.Has kinda of a boring start

.Most of the characters are annoying and you learn to hate them more.

.Fucking lacrosss ( very boring part)

.The main character can be a dimwit sometimes and shits bricks for a while.

Why

.Really picks up at the end afterwards.

.Very good music I mean good music.

.Most of the characters you can become attached to.

.Tearjerker

.When you reach alt not only do you get the best English voice acting known to man, but also a big jump in animation.

MC becomes so bad ass that he kill a shitton of shit

Well most of my problems come from the starting part but the game will pick up and get epic and make you cry.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone tick my fuse

"MuvLuv boring" ---> yup it is

but if you say

"MuvLuv Alternative boring " ---> I WLL FIND YOU AND WILL EDUCATE YOU!!

You have to bear MuvLuv Extra and Unlimited

They are the thing that makes Alternative an AWESOME VN PLOT!

Lets just say that

MuvLuv Extra is an introduction for character and their story

MuvLuv Unlimited is an introduction to Mecha(TSF) and

Beta

MuvLuv Alternative is the REAL DEAL!

Muvluv is probably one of my favourite vns ever.

You really really have to suffer through extra, I know it sucks, but you really do. Unlimited is actually pretty interesting.

Alternative is just AOIDHISGFJAKCGDOCGDIAGCAG OMG

I literally was melachonic and just plain star struck by how amazing it was. I think I couldn't play another vn for weeks because of it lol.

Muvluv is probably one of my favourite vns ever.

You really really have to suffer through extra, I know it sucks, but you really do. Unlimited is actually pretty interesting.

Alternative is just AOIDHISGFJAKCGDOCGDIAGCAG OMG

I literally was melachonic and just plain star struck by how amazing it was. I think I couldn't play another vn for weeks because of it lol.

I actually suffered months.

I research every bits of MuvLuv story there is.

Even Ayu Mayu Alternative

3ZSI1.jpg

3ZSKp.jpg

Picture an anime

Now immagine everything that could possibly be wrong with an anime be wrong.

Now immagine it's borrowing the setting of one of your favorite franchises.

That is Total Eclipse.

*shurgs* People really set their standard way high up. I've seen a few people like it, myself included. It's not really good, but it's not THAT bad. People are being too subjective because there are almost no deaths. Of course if you're expecting Alternative you'll get disgusted. The show focuses less on Beta and more on political struggle with flawed and naive ideas. I just take show for what it is. I liked the characters, some more then the ones from Alternative. I think everyone should try it and see for themselves.

Btw, boy am I glad I didn't skip Extra and Unlimited. Knowing all that backstory is making MLA so much more fun to read. And helps you understand the characters a lot more. Besides, Unlimited is pretty good imo, and Extra isn't nearly as horrible as people say.

Extra is really entertaining on its own, don't know why people hate it. Has some good gags and drama thrown in. Especially Unlimited, the ending had me in tears. Alternative is definitely great but it wouldn't be as awesome as it is if you don't experience everything in full package.

Extra is really entertaining on its own, don't know why people hate it.

Simple: people read all of the comments about how Alternative is the best thing ever and pure perfection. They download the first game and instead of getting the epic story they expected they get... a typical school life harem.

I read all the hate about Extra so I knew what to expect. I personally dislike it because I'm not a slice-of-life person and I've seen enough anime to be bored to death by all the overused character "personalities".