Please recommend me music

15 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

@Valmore Interesting! I'm very fond of Matthew Sweet's album Girlfriend, which seems to be generally regarded as his best, but I haven't even ever tried anything else, and I've often felt like I was doing him a disservice because of that. I'll give that album a spin.

Sweet may be one of the least-heralded power pop guys ever, which is a damn shame because he has done some really amazing work over the years. But it seems he was a Big in Japan artist - Kōsuke Fujishima made quite a few references to Sweet in the "Oh My Goddess" manga, and the video for "Girlfriend" (his biggest single) featured clips from Space Adventure Cobra.

His catalog is worth investigating, except for his debut album, Earth, where the studio producers forced him into more of an 80's sound (well, it was released in 1989).

2 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

@Kawasumi - I picked up Uchu Conbini's first album a long time back. Great stuff. That song, especially, is perfect for when I'm in the mood for some prog rock. Their guitarist is something else, and I love the vocalist/bassist's voice. I haven't heard any of the other bands you linked before, though. Unfortunately, some of what you linked is blocked by record companies for me :(, including that second one. But I listened to the tricot song (which is great - fantastic musicianship and really unusual harmonic choices that are quite appealing) and the Cuushe song (which is really unusual, and I'm still trying to get a feel for). I picked up albums from both of them, though that Cuushe song is definitely stretching the range of what I normally listen to - but that's a good thing :D

oh nice, yeah cuushe was a hit or miss, but Im glad you like it, that song has really grown on me, since you like more hard rock type stuff, you should give denkare a go, they have made some of my favorite VN openings.

I don't think I've posted here before so I'll just leave some music I like for anyone to pick up if they want ^^

Wish i could put more but it'd take too much space and i'm too lazy to use spoiler tags to keep it tidy (sorry everyone)

*** POP ***

+ Natalie Imbruglia "Left of the Middle": a favorite album of mine. Late 90's goodness.

+ Belinda Carlisle "Real": that's my favorite album of hers, also check out "Heaven on earth" and "Runaway horses" (great title song)

+ Mike Oldfield (any): you want Mike for his guitar solos and immersive atmospheres, he's mostly a rock musician though. Has a lot of instrumental work, and also vocal songs.

*** REGGAE ***

+ The Hotknives "Home": great sounds by keyboard, guitar, bass and drums.

+ Smooth Beans "Keep Talking": they have 2 LP's and around 3 singles: "At low fyah", "Cantabria's finest", "Sing, flip and twist", and "Awake!". Nice local band that's making it big abroad, and they deserve it.

*** HARD ROCK ***

+ Nordic Union "Nordic Union": great band that's not that hard, easy to listen to. But maybe you'll find they need more pizazz, your mileage may vary.

I recommend listening before applying, and if you like it then you go to Google Play Store or Apple Store and get them.

On 3/31/2016 at 6:13 PM, Flutterz said:

Holy shit, other people that know Blackmore's Night exist? :o You are literally my favourite person right now :heart:

Unfortunately I'm not really well-versed in music genres so I'll just link you some rock-ish stuff I enjoy ^^

The aforementioned Blackmore's NightScorpions, After Forever, Nightwish, Xandria, Deep Purple

I'll also take this opportunity to plug my channel where I time lyrics for weeb music, so if you decide you want some of that you can check it out (I'm particularly fond of #2 and #7) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOdMIjF9wopjQeW5NgjGGA4cKLMqMwVd

Wtf flut. I ask you what you like and all I get from you is electro stuff. And you've never mentioned that YouTube channel to me before... I thought we had something...

On topic: I don't listen to them extensively, but The Megas have some very good songs that might interest you. History Repeating: Red, I think is the album I like. 

• 1 month later...