Best Visual Novel played in 2015

Arkamondal

Sakura no Uta and Dies Irae were the "best" or perhaps my personal favorites of this year that I've played. The rest were various nukige/moege which I enjoyed as entertainment (to laugh at), but nothing special as to be featured with their names in this thread.

Hard to say on the translated part because I played most of them this year, untranslated without a doubt homeless joshi gakusei and white breath (still reading some routes)

and this wasnt asked but I'm gonna say it anyway xD the most hated translated kana imouto(I hate kana and the protagonist, yumi you are the best) , semi translated subarashiki (80% i read it translated) fully untranslated sukui no serenade or zombie no afureta bla bla bla

Mine has to be YU-NO: The Girl who Chants Love at the Edge of the World.

The sci-fi/mystery plot balanced out with an awesome script with good humour really makes a highlight, with the epicness of how the story unfolds (The protag is voiced by Adult Link in OoT with all the "Whoas!" and "Aaah!", which is even better ><).

2015 was quite an eventful VN year for me--probably my best year of reading yet. I played these in that order: Nekopara vol. 1, Ever17, YU-NO, Steins;Gate, Swan Song, Danganronpa.

I plan on trying out more VN's of that calibre this year once I make more time from college. Currently waiting for Danganronpa 2's release on steam, I heard it's better than the first, and the first was quite a ride~

Feel free to recommend me any VN with Sci-Fi elements (especially if it relates to time-travel or mind bending experiences that can potentially give epiphanies).

7 hours ago, Lexyvil said:

Mine has to be YU-NO: The Girl who Chants Love at the Edge of the World.

The sci-fi/mystery plot balanced out with an awesome script with good humour really makes a highlight, with the epicness of how the story unfolds (The protag is voiced by Adult Link in OoT with all the "Whoas!" and "Aaah!", which is even better ><).

2015 was quite an eventful VN year for me--probably my best year of reading yet. I played these in that order: Nekopara vol. 1, Ever17, YU-NO, Steins;Gate, Swan Song, Danganronpa.

I plan on trying out more VN's of that calibre this year once I make more time from college. Currently waiting for Danganronpa 2's release on steam, I heard it's better than the first, and the first was quite a ride~

Feel free to recommend me any VN with Sci-Fi elements (especially if it relates to time-travel or mind bending experiences that can potentially give epiphanies).

You should read I/O 

Funyarinpa => Yes the epilogue of YU-NO is deliciously insane !

Spoiler

The winner, the general theme is incest...blood-related or not. Tell me if I'm wrong but...Takuta lay with his birth mom (if my memory is correct), his mother-in-law and his daughters :huh:He's the new oedipal hero :P

In any case, ALL the scenario is like a shiny crazy diamond (© Pink Floyd). :makina:

In 2015, I read masterpieces like YU-NO, Eden*, MajiKoi or Fate/Stay Night.

The Latter is probably the favorite of my favorites. Because :

1/ 9,5/10 for Fate and Unlimited Blade Works (Heaven's Feel was too depressing).

2/ The Tiger Dojo scenes are cult...

Spoiler

46-UBW05-06b-60.jpg

3/ Saber and Rin :illya: