YouTube Gameplays

linkuan

Just now, linkuan said:

Hi, is it possible to post gameplays of VNs and monetize them? If so what could be the conditions?

This would depend on the VN and the company that made it. In a general sense, monetizing videos of the entire game in pure form, with no voice over, cuts etc would literally just be stealing the game and is of course not allowed.

Reading up on fair use and actually cutting the video correctly / turning off potentially copyrighted music etc might make it a bit less of a problem.

Again though, it really depends on what VN it is and what exactly is in the video.

2 minutes ago, linkuan said:

Hi, is it possible to post gameplays of VNs and monetize them? If so what could be the conditions?

It is if you have permission from the publisher and tehy have no problem with it... there are however companies such as sekai project that only allow gameplay to be posted of their vn's up to a certain point of it so others don't get spoiled and buy the game for themselves...there are a few youtubers who play vn's such as "The Anime Man" "Lost Pause" and a few other ones. so aslong as you credit the company themselves and permission is not a problem then you should be okay.

That's my imput and what i know about it, others will know more for sure

If I were you I'd make sure I did my research on each game / company I considered making videos off before actually doing anything. You don't want your channel getting copyright strikes right off the bat.

Also, try to make sure you do something unique with the "gameplay". If it is literally just the VN and no commentary or anything of the stort, then its like I said above, pretty much just stealing the vn.

11 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

It is if you have permission from the publisher and tehy have no problem with it... there are however companies such as sekai project that only allow gameplay to be posted of their vn's up to a certain point of it so others don't get spoiled and buy the game for themselves...there are a few youtubers who play vn's such as "The Anime Man" "Lost Pause" and a few other ones. so aslong as you credit the company themselves and permission is not a problem then you should be okay.

That's my imput and what i know about it, others will know more for sure

its funny because they both tried to do actual good VNs but got shut down by MG and forced to delete the video's so they're forced to stick with crap vns

Just now, Kawasumi said:

its funny because they both tried to do actual good VNs but got shut down by MG and forced to delete the video's so they're forced to stick with crap vns

Indeed they both tried to do things like Grisaia and Princess Evangile and were forced to stop in the case of Grisaia and stick to Twitch in the case of Princess Evangile (Since MG and MS allowed streaming)

If you add commentary it sounds like a let's play to me. Doesn't seem impossible to do.

I think you are better off asking other let's players who do so. Or read the youtube terms of service or some legal stuff like that.