Recommend me some decently long TL'd VN's that I might not know about

Mugi

I'm going to be going through VNDB looking for some to add to my collection so I can have enough to keep me busy for a while, but I would also like to hear what you guys have to recommend. I know of a decent amount of them, but I only somewhat recently (as in half a year ago) found out about things like Yume Miru and Deardrops. Not looking for nukige or utsuge, and i'd prefer it if I didn't get PTSD after reading it like with KnS :amane: 

2 minutes ago, gijimu said:

So you want something light-hearted? IMH comes to mind if you haven't played it. And from what usually people recommend, Shuffle and Noble Works. 

Doesn't really matter if it's light hearted, I just don't want something downright depressing. Something a little more serious like Grisaia and G-Senjou would be great as well

8 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Doesn't really matter if it's light hearted, I just don't want something downright depressing. Something a little more serious like Grisaia and G-Senjou would be great as well

Steins;Gate might suit that description, if you are okay with chuunibyou protagonist. 

And Sharin no Kuni if you like G-Senjou. 

Forest, I/O and Remember11 come to mind if you want something that'll get you thinking a lot.

For something more light hearted that still has a serious story, look into Katahane.

A personal favorite of mine is Rose Guns Days - you should probably look into it. If you're fine with something that has more action, go for Ayakashibito.

13 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Read Gahkthun

Kids these days, suggesting Gahkthun as the first game to go to in the steampunk series... I wouldn't go as far as to suggest Inganock, since he doesn't want something depressing, but personally, I find that Sharnoth does almost everything better than Gahkthun. 

Gahk felt like a really... Awkward game in the series, for the lack of a better explanation. Can't say I particularly enjoyed it. It's good, though.

Yeah, Inganock merited the "utsuge" tag on VNDB for at least some people (even though I probably wouldn't call it that), so I couldn't go for that. Sharnoth, well, what can I say - I haven't gotten around to it, yet.

For what it's worth, I really, really liked Gahkthun. Inganock had a more interesting atmosphere, no doubt, but Gahkthun was just more attuned to my preferences and, in general, made me happier; I also felt quite attached to the core Gahkthun cast, more so than I did with Inganock.

Hm, thanks for the recommendations. Sharnoth and Gakthun don't really seem like my thing. Steins;Gate could be good, but I would have liked to have a bit more romance in the VN, which I hear it doesn't. Anything similar to Noble Works? Maybe Grisaia? Or Princess Evangile? Something fairly lighthearted, but that has serious moments.

25 minutes ago, The Last Melody said:

Have you read Harukoi Otome or Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru? Those seem like perfect matches.

The latter put me off because of the whole cross dressing thing, and I heard Harukoi Otome was the biggest, most repetitive snoozefest ever. Though maybe i'd like it anyways..

What about KiraKira? I liked Deardrops, so I feel like i'd like it. But again, the crossdressing kind of puts me off, and so does the full screen text box.

I tried starting to read KiraKira, but I just couldn't like it, maybe you will though. I've been meaning to read DearDrops myself, is it any good?

Harukoi Otome was good though. I wouldn't call it very good, but no less than good(that's 7/10 in VNDB rating). I really thought the crossdressing would put me off too, and it did in the beginning, but I grew to like it quite alot after the first few chapters ^_^

5 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

u could try Osananajimi no Daitoryou, its as light-hearted as u could get :P

i kind of liked the white-haired heroine too 

I was considering this as well. Though VNDB says it's 10-30 hours, which normally means closer to 10 or so. And i'm looking for something closer to 25-30+