Hello!

Yoake

I'm Yoake. A friend directed me to this forum a few months ago, but I've only found the time to enter it now. 

I'm super new to visual novels and to anime, so I hope you treat me well.

What I love the most are heartwarming stories. Specially romantic or heroic ones with an active protagonist.

I'm not fond of depressing ones. 

I'm also interested in otome games, but I don't know much about them.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love to get a few recommendations from you. Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry for the bother!

Welcome to the Fuwa forums, it's nice to meet you :sachi: Being new or not isn's a problem..we all learn from each other and get along that way so feel free to ask anything you want or don't know.

We're as friendly as it gets, those tastes are pretty similar to my own except for the otome genre and because i do like depressing or gorey and such

Recommendations? Sure, no problem: Hoshizora no Memoria, Princess Evangile, Nekopara 0 & 1 , Shuffle!, Majikoi & Majikoi S , Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. Among some i'd recommend for some of your tastes, if you need more i'll gladly provide aswell

So welcome and enjoy your time here :wahaha:

latest?cb=20150329103424&path-prefix=300

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hey welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you! :sachi:

For heartwarming visual novels with little or no "depressing" parts, I would say Nekopara, Princess evangile, Shuffle! are all good.

I don't play many otome games so can't help you there sadly

You evil EVIL! i took too long typing but got here before you!

Welcome! Glad you decided to become a member of the non-lurking crowd.

Otome is pretty much a term that means the game company designed their product specifically to go after the girls market, and the product will be geared towards what the company thinks girls, in general, will like. Fanservice will be based on that accordingly as well. Most dating sims/visual novels you find on Google Play are considered otome.

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Hey welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you! :sachi:

For heartwarming visual novels with little or no "depressing" parts, I would say Nekopara, Princess evangile, Shuffle! are all good.

I don't play many otome games so can't help you there sadly

Thanks a lot! Do they have a strong protagonist presence? I don't mind bad graphics or no "cute" moments for a nice story about overcoming adversity and the like!

1 minute ago, DarkZedge said:

Welcome to the Fuwa forums, it's nice to meet you :sachi: Being new or not isn's a problem..we all learn from each other and get along that way so feel free to ask anything you want or don't know.

We're as friendly as it gets, those tastes are pretty similar to my own except for the otome genre and because i do like depressing or gorey and such

Recommendations? Sure, no problem: Hoshizora no Memoria, Princess Evangile, Nekopara 0 & 1 , Shuffle!, Majikoi & Majikoi S , Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. Among some i'd recommend for some of your tastes, if you need more i'll gladly provide aswell

So welcome and enjoy your time here :wahaha:

latest?cb=20150329103424&path-prefix=300

Thanks, too! I'll keep them in mind.

1 minute ago, Valmore said:

Welcome! Glad you decided to become a member of the non-lurking crowd.

Otome is pretty much a term that means the game company designed their product specifically to go after the girls market, and the product will be geared towards what the company thinks girls, in general, will like. Fanservice will be based on that accordingly as well. Most dating sims/visual novels you find on Google Play are considered otome.

Oh, so I can find them on google play? That's super convenient. Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, Yoake said:

Thanks a lot! Do they have a strong protagonist presence? I don't mind bad graphics or no "cute" moments for a nice story about overcoming adversity and the like!

Hmm. I would say that the protagonist in princess evangile is pretty "strong" in a sense. I like him a lot. He overcomes a lot of hurdles, protects his loved ones when he has to and has a strong sense of morale and justice. He is also a jack of all trades, he knows how to do pretty much everything from past work experience and the likes. It is kind of a light read, just as the other 2 I recommended though.

The protagonist in Nekopara is quite interesting as well, he is a young adult moving out from home to start his own bakery. Its a very "cute" VN, not very serious, but he does do something quite impressive on his own I guess. :P

As for the protagonist in Shuffle! Eh... He is funny and I like him a lot but I wouldn't say he is a very "strong" protagonist in any way really.

15 minutes ago, Yoake said:

I'm Yoake. A friend directed me to this forum a few months ago, but I've only found the time to enter it now. 

I'm super new to visual novels and to anime, so I hope you treat me well.

What I love the most are heartwarming stories. Specially romantic or heroic ones with an active protagonist.

I'm not fond of depressing ones. 

I'm also interested in otome games, but I don't know much about them.

If it's not too much trouble, I would love to get a few recommendations from you. Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry for the bother!

Im new too (although not to VNs) so I dont have much rep to go on but

WELCOME <3 I love you.

You will like more than hearthwarming over time. It comes with experience and the time till you run out of those that you like now xD. You don t need to believe, u won t even realise it. 

Anyway welcome here, and enjoy your stay!

If you are talkative, visit the chat and u might join

Hi Yoake, and welcome to the community!

Do you have a waif- Wait, you know what. Nevermind that. You look like a lolicon and play otome games. So, no waifu stealing activity here, huh? :amane:

And to recommend you some VNs which has an active protagonist........ughh, can't think of one. :wafuu: There's simply too much VNs in the market out there.

As for the otome VNs, there's a lot at the Play Store/App Store (as which Valmore has mentioned) and for the list, here;

https://vndb.org/v/all?q=&fil=tag_inc-542.tagspoil-0.lang-en&rfil=