Sleep deprivation, bah.

eclipsezero

Whatcha guys do when not getting enough sleep and/or if your sleep pattern is messed up?

Need some tips as to how to correct my sleep. My sleep has been wonky for like a month leading to being weirdly emotional/unable to work well and what not.

That's about it :V Feel free to share ANY advice or anything at all.

Whatcha guys do when not getting enough sleep and/or if your sleep pattern is messed up?

Need some tips as to how to correct my sleep. My sleep has been wonky for like a month leading to being weirdly emotional/unable to work well and what not.

That's about it :V Feel free to share ANY advice or anything at all.

First, of course you shouldn't drink coffee.

Second, You must sleep at the correct time (like at 10pm or somethin).

Third, Before you sleep you need to drink milk or tea, it will help you relaxing your body (Use alarm to wake up in the morning).

Last, You need to wake up immediately (No more sleeping!!).

Hope it will help you xD

It's from my experience for fixing my sleeping habit though.

If you have a really hard time falling asleep you should check if you have any problems with your hormone balance.

I take melatonin tablets when I have to wake up early since my issues with falling asleep are because my body doesn't produce it when it should.

Otherwise, don't sit in front of the computer right before going to bed. (I fail this all the time).

Take a (warm) shower.

Make sure that your room isn't too hot.

If you can't sleep don't stare at your alarm clock or check the time (You'll just get even more stressed).

Otherwise, don't sit in front of the computer right before going to bed. (I fail this all the time).

This is definitely an impossible thing >_>

I never tried the whole skip a night to try to fix sleep schedule, but if everything else doesn't work, I guess you might have to try it out...

Usually when I get sleeping issues I accumulate tiredness and then just get to bed as soon as I'm tired (as early as 8 pm). It's not optimal though and I spend sometimes days feeling like shit for several hours a day.

If your sleep schedule is really messed up and you're affected to the point you describe maybe you should consult a doctor or something, badly messed up sleeping can take months to recover from.

Well I have insomnia myself. But. I've had some breask by doing these few things. It's hard to do at first, but if you can do it, you'll get some good shut eye...hopefully.

• Record a boring lecture that made you in class. Replay it when trying to sleep.
  • Watch boring documentaries.
  • Turn off all electronics 2 hours before you want to sleep. End up sleeping from boredom.
  • Stop sleeping during the day. Force yourself awake with coffee or video games, and then when you want to sleep stop stimulating yourself.
  • Listen to soothing music sometimes works.
  • Eating a lot of food is scientifically proven to make you feel drowsy, because your body wants to keep some of the fat.

Hope this helps. GL!

I for one enjoy my Insomnia. Too many hours of my life are wasted with my eyes shut. But I do regulate my sleep cycle every other week or so to make sure I don't mess my mind up xD. ...Actually to late. I'm pretty weird. W.e. I love myself :P

^Does it work if your insomnia isn't based on your body not producing melatonin/not producing it at the right time though?

I mean the only thing it does is make you tired it can't force you to fall asleep like other sleeping pills.

In Sweden you have to have recipe to get it. Though I guess other countries are less strict (I have read somewhere that's its freely available in the U.S. but correct me if I'm wrong.)

^Does it work if your insomnia isn't based on your body not producing melatonin/not producing it at the right time though?

I mean the only thing it does is make you tired it can't force you to fall asleep like other sleeping pills.

I find that it does help, but then again I don't know what is causing my inability to sleep anyway.

In Sweden you have to have recipe to get it. Though I guess other countries are less strict (I have read somewhere that's its freely available in the U.S. but correct me if I'm wrong.)

It is, I can walk into a store and buy it.

@Ragnar:

Caffeine sensitive, so coffee is already out of the picture haha >3>;

Tried doing the second tip, but failed and ended up sleeping at 12 herp. Also failed the fourth ahahahah ;_;

Third helped a lot though. Drank some warm milk, slept soon after.

@Snow

I used to do that, but back then my sleep only got messed up once or twice so I was alright. I don't think it would help in this case since I haven't slept well for a month >>; might make it worse.

Gonna try the vid you posted...I already feel sleepy listening to it, so it might work at night as well.

@Beato

Huh. I hadn't considered that at all. Guess I will go see a doctor once I get some free time then, gonna try other stuff first though.

Also gonna try the other tips...though I doubt I will succeed at the first. At all D: I BLAME VIDEO GAEMS

@Down

I am trying exercising around like 5-6 PM to get my body a bit tired. Not extreme stuff, just some light exercise. Not really sure if its working or not V:

@Rairu

Gonna try some of these as well, danke!

Thanks a ton guys! Gonna give a try to as many of these as I can :3~

It's kind of overly simple, but for a lot of people, a big part of the solution is actually physically dragging yourself to the bed at a normal hour : ). Video games, books, certain VN websites, and more can have a "just 15 more minutes..." effect until it's 4:30 AM. Sometimes, you just have to drag yourself to the bed.

If your problem is with falling asleep, and it's been going on for >2 weeks, I'd definitely see a doctor (if you have insurance or can afford it), or a nurse practitioner (if no insurance).

Yeah, it's mostly just discipline and telling yourself it's bed time. Often, we stay up because we don't feel tired. For me, I just to exhaust myself throughout the day with exercise, game dev work, day job etc so that by 10pm I'm feeling pretty up for sleep. Lying on the bed and not being able to fall asleep does suck. So, just tire yourself out and make yourself want to get rest. Of course, medical advice is best if needed! Hope that helps out some :).

Well I as someone who wakes up using computer and goes to bed using computer (I have it in bed xD) I can only advise you to not sleep unless you really want to - but for that you couldn't be doing daily job (which I don't know if you are). Sometimes I don't feel tired for 20 hours and then I go to bed and sometimes I am tired after 12 so I sleep earlier. But you can only do that if you don't have to wake up every morning.

I would say I got pretty good at this as I can even adjust to be awake at certain times for specific events (like the GSL finals and such, it was starting at 8 so I adjusted so I go to bed at about 12 when it ends), with that I can move about 4 hours a day forward and maybe 1 or 2 backwards (meaning if I go to bed at 4am on day 1, I can go to bed at 8am or 2/3am day 2).

So if you want any advice with that, I can help with some tips, if you need to wake up every day, I can't be of much help :)

Well, in my case I always turn Air condition to 24-25 C (my comfort zone B) ) after that sleep on something cold but not too cold that make you catch cold (rubber sheet is good enough) and make yourself comfortable.

Some reseach said when body core temp is lower to some point it make you sleep easier. :lol:

I don't know if it work in cold cilmate but it always work for me.

Tea have same effect as coffee but in relax way. It can make you sleep harder.

Light workout before sleep can help too. :lol:

BTW my bed is made from rubber and cause me to oversleep. :P

Not enough sleep will reduce your lifespan--"

Fujimoto you need to sleep!

Or you will miss an opportunity to watch anime, playing game, or reading manga (or others) when you turn old. lol

Well, I still got plenty of years ahead of me so thats no reason why i shouldnt be playing VNs till late.

I got a saying of mine "If you are not going to enjoy your day, then why even wake up for it?"

Do what makes you happy whenever you can, thats the whole point of life! but dont worry, i tend to fall asleep around 1 am...just to wake up at 4:30 am for the Army...yeah... its fun fun!

Whew. Speaking of sleep deprivation, I'm going on 48 hours without sleep. Yay for major university projects.

Also, around 35 hours my brain got really floaty. It's kind of nice. It also made me wish I could invite batman over and play this. Just seemed like the kind of quality time we'd spend. It's not out yet, so that's a problem. Also, there's the whole space-time separation thing. Everyone's welcome to come over, btw, for some quality Diva F time when the stars are right.

Ten points to Gryffindor!

I'm tired. And done now. Thanks!

Whew. Speaking of sleep deprivation, I'm going on 48 hours without sleep. Yay for major university projects.

Also, around 35 hours my brain got really floaty. It's kind of nice. It also made me wish I could invite batman over and play this. Just seemed like the kind of quality time we'd spend. It's not out yet, so that's a problem. Also, there's the whole space-time separation thing. Everyone's welcome to come over, btw, for some quality Diva F time when the stars are right.

Ten points to Gryffindor!

I'm tired. And done now. Thanks!

Well, if I need to do something that requires thinking for more than a day, I take a power nap every 10 hrs or so.