should i play saya no uta?

i don't usually enjoy horror, but right now, i'm trying to look outside of my comfort zone and saya no uta intrigues me with it's premise

especially this sentence from the kotaku review made me interested "But perhaps the most fascinating thing about The Song of Saya is that somehow, in the middle of all the horrors it presents, it manages to make the abominable, beautiful."

any advice? did it give anyone nightmares? does anyone regret reading it?

even as someone who has never liked horror?

Define "horror". Saya no Uta is not as much of an horror, as psychological thriller mixed with elements from cthulhu mythos. It's propably better to ask yourself, whether you're comfortable with violence and gore. If a mere sight of blood is repulsing to you, I wouldn't bother; otherwise, yes - you should give it a try. It's still one of the best written vn's out there.

Why even bother reading visual novels if you cant handle this baby stuff? Theres way more fucked up VNs out there. Take it from me who likes NTR and other dark, deep stuff.... :saber: 

In other words, if you want something more unique and exciting in your life as you venture visual novels, READ SAYA NO UTA.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Why even bother reading visual novels if you cant handle this baby stuff? Theres way more fucked up VNs out there. Take it from me who likes NTR and other dark, deep stuff.... :saber: 

In other words, if you want something more unique and exciting in your life as you venture visual novels, READ SAYA NO UTA.

didn't you say that one of the things you hate in vn is cannibalism? saya no uta is full of that, maybe you were lying and you are into that and not netorare :illya:  

seriously sata no uta is not baby stuff specially for someone new, I would say that it's really fucked up.

Hidden Content

seriously sata no uta is not baby stuff specially for someone new, I would say that it's really fucked up.

If the story is captivating enough like Saya no Uta, I can close my eyes for a bit during the cannibalism parts and read/listen through it. It took me longer than usual to finish the whole thing as I was covering my eyes halfway with disgust during the cannibalism parts and slowly pressing the enter key, but overall I liked it.

You shouldn't judge a vn just because of something it has that you don't like. Sometimes a vn is way more than that if you understand it on a deeper level. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Hidden Content

If the story is captivating enough like Saya no Uta, I can close my eyes for a bit during the cannibalism parts and read/listen through it. You shouldn't judge a vn just because of something it has that you don't like. Sometimes a vn is way more than that if you understand it on a deeper level. 

I think 90% of the vns out there have some controversial topic or taboo thing some more than others, that's the amazing thing about them and yeah if you can't do that like you suggested then this is not the thing for you (I mean the vns world)

This vn is the perfect example of what you are talking about, if you read vns you need to be very very open minded but not everyone can do that.

It is something that needs to change overall in the visual novel reader community. Many VN writers make these amazing stories since the typical vanilla romance crap is getting old and they want to be more unique and original. The least we can do is at least check out what they have to offer. If it's something we like, great, we can give them some feedback and petition/social media the crap out of it till it gets the vibe it needs, or if it's not, we can not touch them with a 10 foot pole ever again. But hopefully, it's the former because there are so many vn gems out there that don't get enough recognition because it's not the typical norm of a genre in vns. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

alright, point taken

i already kind of wanted to read it, i just needed some people to push me over the line

I think 90% of the vns out there have some controversial topic or taboo thing some more than others, that's the amazing thing about them and yeah if you can't do that like you suggested then this is not the thing for you (I mean the vns world)

This vn is the perfect example of what you are talking about, if you read vns you need to be very very open minded but not everyone can do that.

i dunno, i just tend to be scared to step into things i don't recognize.

alright, point taken

i already kind of wanted to read it, i just needed some people to push me over the line

i dunno, i just tend to be scared to step into things i don't recognize.

I wasn't talking about you when I said "not everyone can do that" about being open minded I was talking in general, sorry if it sounded that way.