Rice, what do you use it for?

Btw gais, do you like the rice sticky or just normal. When I mean sticky I mean when you put shit tons of water while cooking it.

Depends on what I want to eat it with. I don't like rice plain. I like mixing it in with other foods. So sushi with sticky rice, tacos with dry rice, etc.

Fried Rice > Regular Rice :P/>

yeah, its almost as regular rice, but i do prefer plain rice with some fried chicken or some curry.

I think it depends, not always the case. I've had some bad fried rice before...

too bad, i hope you got some nice fried rice, usualy they had egg,sausage,and some pepper .

mixing rice with sweet soya sauce and cooked it , its just a plain fried rice to me :P

I'm not a rice expert by any means. I'm a bread person. I seldom make my own rice. So I'll tell you my rice story.

Actually, some number of months ago I tried to make some rice. I didn't even know what kind to get. I selected some "medium grain" white rice. Because from the word "medium" I figured maybe this is a good rice for general purpose use.

Well, each time I tried it, it tasted OK, but I think my rice had absorbed too much water somehow and puffed up too much. Because it was extremely filling. I only ate a little bit of it and then I was very full.

Recently I have located a Rice Cooker. Maybe my rice will turn out better now. Of course, I am going to start with good old steamed rice.

After that, I would like to try making some Spanish rice. That's one of my favorite ways to have rice.

There is a style of fried rice I really like, I'm not really sure what you call it. It's not the kind they usually show where someone is frying it in a pan over a flame and continuously tossing it. It is the kind where they have a big flat iron cooking surface and they cook the rice on that, maneuvering it around with a metal spatula.

1st off...why does your laptop need drying...suuuspiiiicious.

Xd Anyway, I use rice for...umm food? I like to bury my meat with rice and have to dig for my lovely tender meats. Kinda makes eating fun...and a bit messy...but fun none the less.

1st off...why does your laptop need drying...suuuspiiiicious.

Xd Anyway, I use rice for...umm food? I like to bury my meat with rice and have to dig for my lovely tender meats. Kinda makes eating fun...and a bit messy...but fun none the less.

He brought it in the shower. IYKWIM :bean:

I would like to try that when i was rich enough to buy a world. lol

Weird, I think I've found some webpages that contains the story about a person who sold the world(on amazon.co.jp) somewhere before, but I can't find it anymore :(

I found it xD, it'snot amazon but yahoo xD

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/11/01/japanese-person-given-earth-as-a-present-from-god-sells-it-on-yahoo-auction/

Edited by Matryoshka

it depends on the brand and the glue itself, some glues are not meant to be eaten.

i wont do that to my Laptop :o

So there are some glue that meant to be eaten..

maybe I should try eating glue rather than rice...

But if glue can substitute rice, it will be funny:

Fried Rice > Fried Glue

Rice Pudding > Glue Pudding

Aromatic Rice > Aromatic Glue :o seems legit.

Rice Wine > Glue Wine

Rice Milk > Glue Milk

Rice Flour > Glue Flour

etc..

So there are some glue that meant to be eaten..

maybe I should try eating glue rather than rice...

But if glue can substitute rice, it will be funny:

Fried Rice > Fried Glue

Rice Pudding > Glue Pudding

Aromatic Rice > Aromatic Glue :o/> seems legit.

Rice Wine > Glue Wine

Rice Milk > Glue Milk

Rice Flour > Glue Flour

etc..

Obviously aromatic glue is the best invention ever.

• 4 months later...

As far as cooking goes, you can put rice with just about anything and it still tastes good.  Recently I've found that black beans with mozzarella cheese and rice on top is pretty damn good.  Paella is something I make often and uses a TON of it.  I also steam rice first and then saute it with various vegetables and already cooked meats.  

I don't get the pre-packaged rice things of like rice pilaf or whatever, I prefer to make it myself as it's more fun (I like to cook, shush!) and it always tastes better since I know what I'm putting in it.

Welcome to Fuwanovel, where there is a topic for just about everything, even rice!

Edit - I'm going to start using that in the introduction topics.

These are relics of a past when things were more simple (and we had way less members). How dare you make fun of the rice thread >.>

<.<

jk, obviously.

• 6 months later...

No, I have a swimming pool filled with rice and swim in all it's glory. ;)

Seriously though what else can you do with it besides eat it and have people still think you're sane.

Good thing I'm not sane then. I throw it at people.