Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

@Defendos: we are still unclear of the current situation, please advise in email.

The old culture elitists are going to hate no matter what so it's best to ignore them. Fuwanovel exists for this reason, and we're going to grow bigger than they've ever imagined. Maybe even get to the point where we have our own VNDB.

tl;dr: fuck the haters.

@Retrans,

Come to our room on monday like you said, me and acf will be there to discuss things.

@nfinite, Joshyan: Please work out the drama between team members in private.

This was a joint decision and I don't see any issues with that post. We posted that to inform those interested in our project what has happened and how we plan to rectify it.

Admittedly, we rushed our announcement and content wasn't adjusted for these forums.
This post is slightly redacted to stay as objective as possible. To keep this thread clean, any drama discourse can be had at our website!

tl;dr version:
In light of recent events, and after much internal debate, we are pulling Joshyan from further contributions to the project.

Know that we are taking many steps to ensure minimal degradation in quality with Joshyan's translations. We have had two translators, myself included, do a TLC pass over his work in the prologue. That is two translation checks plus editor and quality checks to come.  We plan on doing this for his other contributions as well.

We cannot promise that our final product will be without awkward diction - this is, after all, just a fan translation, done with volunteer hours of our lives. We can only attempt to reassure everyone that we do care about the quality of our final product because it is a reflection of our own abilities.
There will always be sour apples, but we’d like to continue to thank everyone who supports us.  This includes Joshyan, who has dedicated countless hours to this project. We respect this; but at the same time we must respect the readers by not compromising so much on quality.  Please look forward to our prologue patch, and hopefully it’ll still retain your interest in the project!

This was a joint decision and I don't see any issues with that post. We posted that to inform those interested in our project what has happened and how we plan to rectify it.

Yeah, I'm agree with them too. It isn't drama, It is a fact.

At least, I'm able to keep my word that I won't quit until this project is finished or I was fired.

On the bright side, I got my free time back :D

Goodbye my day as translator, Here goes Anime&VNs  :D

--> News <--

- Defendos is being lazy so I'm posting the update today.

- nfinite has been hard at work with our patcher. There are still a few bugs to work out but these should be done in time for the Prologue patch.

- Some small increases at common route, thanks nfinite!

- Due to our current Prologue editor, Kenny, being busy we have decided to swap him with Darkquake. He will be editing from the beginning for consistency.

- We have found that there were a few errors during script importing, and as such the line numbers have changed slightly. The revised numbers are below.

- SoraSky has joined us as a Translation Checker. He is currently working on Yves' Route.

- We have removed Joshyan from our project, see here for details. The h-scenes he has/would have been translating are now being done by accorda05 and rankendrake, on Yves and Yuzu respectively.

We are recruiting Translation Checkers, Editors, and Quality Checkers.

->Status Report<-

Prologue Status: Editing

- 2nd pass Translation Checked: 5083/5083 lines

-> 2nd Edit Pass: 0/5087 <-

- Back to 0 for Darkquake.
- 2nd QC Pass: 0/5087

- Imported Lines: 0/5087

>>Common Route<<

->Translated: 553/7518 <-

- Translation Checked: 0/7518

- Edited: 0/7518

- Quality Checked: 0/7518

>Akane Route<

- Translated: 7602/7602 (100%)

-> Translation Checked: 54/7602 <-

- Edited: 0/7602

- Quality Checked: 0/7600 (0%)

>Touko Route< - Completed

>Yuzu Route<

-> Translated: 2272/6727 <-

- Translation Checked: 52/6727

- Edited: 0/6727

- Quality Checked: 0/6727

>Yves Route<

-> Translated: 6505/7287 <-

- Translation Checked: 716/7287

- Edited: 0/7287

- Quality Checked: 0/7287

--> Translation Total: 28511/40710 (70.03%) <--

Translation Checked: 12384/40710 (30.42%)

->Opening Video Status<-

Defendos working on this would be a miracle.

--> News <--

- Another Post update from me, i will be fixing some things on our site as it is becoming incomplete.

- New editor: congt, new quality checker: athanasia. Thanks guys for helping us out!

- Lots of progress this week and last week:

- Prologue route is in the final stage: darkquake and congt are editing and qc'ing it (Thanks!)

- Prologue Morisummers is also qc'ing it (first pass) and darkquake and congt second pass(final)

- Common route increased around 200 lines (thanks nfinite!)

- Akane tlc around 150 lines (thanks accorda!)

- Touko [Eien] is checking touko for small grammar errors and mistakes, after that dark will be editing those 1 last time and it's fully completed! (Thanks guys!)

- Yuzu another 300 lines or so (thanks rankendrake!)

- Yves some more tl lines (only h-scenes are left!) (thanks to accorda)

- Yves tlc around 1000+ lines. (thanks sorasky!)

We are still recruiting more Translation Checkers.

- Editor and Quality Checker positions are full again.

- Nfinite and Morisummers are working on tl/tlc/edit/qc the ending songs so i will be karaoke timing them as soon as they are finished with it,more news upcoming weeks.

p.s. We have a hidden suprise for the public, you will see it eventually when the product is completed!

->Status Report<-

>>Prologue Status<< Final Editing & Final Quality Checking

- 2nd pass Translation Checked: 5083/5083 lines - Completed

-> Final QC Pass: 1046/5087 (0.09%) <- (20.56%)

- Final Edit Pass: 500/5087 (0.09%)

- Back to 0 for Darkquake.

- Imported Lines: 0/5087 (0%)

>>Common Route<<

-> Translated: 762/7518 <- (10.13%)

- Translation Checked: 0/7518 (0%)

- Edited: 0/7518 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7518 (0%)

>Akane Route<

- Translated: 7602/7602 (100%)

-> Translation Checked: 211/7602 <- (2.77%)

- Edited: 0/7602 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7600 (0%)

>Touko Route< - Completed

>Yuzu Route<

-> Translated: 2430/6727 <- (36.12%)

- Translation Checked: 1000/6727 (14.86%)

- Edited: 0/6727 (0%)

- Quality Checked: 0/6727 (0%)

>Yves Route<

-> Translated: 6509/7287 <- (89.32%)

- Translation Checked: 2442/7287 (33.51%)

- Edited: 1064/7287 (14.60%)

- Quality Checked: 0/7287 (0%)

--> Translation Total: 28511/40710 (70.93%) <--

Translation Checked Total: 12384/40710 (30.42%)

Editing Total: 8039/40710 (%)

Quality Checked Total: 3850/40710 (9.45%)

->Opening Video Status<-

A KFX of another group is helping us with the hard lines, me (Defendos) will still try to fix it but i am not capable of kfx lines, in the meanwhile i am helping derpig's project and doing some fansubbing.

No, that's for the eufonie daki for the LE release for the game.

And why Akane is 3rd T_T I would have gotten the LE if she was the top  :(

oo lol, josh said in our irc it was about popularity or something but meh, i still don't know what it exactly means, does it mean you get a limited daki of the person who ranked number 1 on that site if you order a limited edition koiken - revive disk or something?

Well, this seems like it's going fast compared to other TL Groups (I'm happy)

WHAT I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IS MY PC SUCKING SO MUCH I NEED TO FORMAT EVERYTHING, LOSE AAAAAALLLLLLLL OF MY SAVEGAMES AND RESTART EVERY VN I STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN!

But well, that's just one more step to my death I need to accomplish... besides losing my PSP T_T

Do you expect to have a partial patch done anytime soon? or will you release only full patch?

P.S:Yes, as you thought... I don't want to search the answer in all of these 17 pages D:

Well, this seems like it's going fast compared to other TL Groups (I'm happy)

WHAT I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IS MY PC SUCKING SO MUCH I NEED TO FORMAT EVERYTHING, LOSE AAAAAALLLLLLLL OF MY SAVEGAMES AND RESTART EVERY VN I STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN!

But well, that's just one more step to my death I need to accomplish... besides losing my PSP T_T

Do you expect to have a partial patch done anytime soon? or will you release only full patch?

P.S:Yes, as you thought... I don't want to search the answer in all of these 17 pages D:

Partial-patch in progress :P