1. 1. Characters

• Fal
    • Lise
    • Phorni
    • Torta
    • Ari
    • Ms. Cordell

This poll is closed to new votes

Now this thread shall go back to the depths of VN talk again.

What consistently impresses me is the frequency in which this thread comes back to life. I would not be surprised to be engaged in another Symphonic Rain discussion a few months from now.  

@Tiagofvarela I really enjoyed your commentary and interpretations. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up a dead forum, but I just finished Symphonic Rain (beautiful game, Lise's route was #1 for me , but Phorni's was a very close 2nd :heart:), but that's not really the point.  I heard that there is another song that is unlocked when you finish all the routes.  Well, I finished all the routes, inlcuding all 3/3 bad ones, yet I still don't have it.  It's "Even When Crying (Phorni Ver.)."  Is it really a playable song and I missed something, or is it not playable? Thanks in advance.

nah mon.

Gt1Iq19.jpg

iirc it's unlocked by finishing za last route, and you'll have to look through free play to find it. You might have to type KITCHEN KNIFE or whatever somewhere though, but I think that's a password on some website not actually ingame. Otherwise check if you have 100% completion of good and bad ends + CGs?

nah mon.

Gt1Iq19.jpg

iirc it's unlocked by finishing za last route, and you'll have to look through free play to find it. You might have to type KITCHEN KNIFE or whatever somewhere though, but I think that's a password on some website not actually ingame. Otherwise check if you have 100% completion of good and bad ends + CGs?

Can confirm because my avatar is a reference to it. Sadly, I can't recall the link.

nah mon.

Gt1Iq19.jpg

Yea I have everything, all the CGs, good and bad ends.  I remember Kitchen Knife but it didn't specify where to type it in or anything like that.  Is it possible I'm missing a CG? Like the one with Torta praying.  Unless you play the bad end of her route, you won't get Ari praying also.  But I have those.  Is there another one similar to that which I happened to miss?

WCZcpEX.png

does your third page have 5 CGs and p1/2 completely filled? Also, scroll through your free play song list fully and see if you didn't just miss it, could happen lol

as for kitchen knife try just typing it in on free play / title screen but I don't think that's it.

OK I just got it. How? Well, the first route I played was the Lise route. It was my first save, and I last saved it in December. I just played the last scene, saving before it finished. When I checked free play, I now have the song. I don't even know anymore. But at least I have it. Thanks for helping!

I love Fal as a character. I'll pay for an Al Fine version of Fal.

I really want to see that.

Imo, they didn't fully flesh out the the whole Asino and Fal thing. I would love to see the back story to that. Especially through Fal's perspective.

I really want to see that.

Imo, they didn't fully flesh out the the whole Asino and Fal thing. I would love to see the back story to that. Especially through Fal's perspective.

I agree.

With Fal calling Asino out like that, I really wanted to see what Asino's connection is with Fal and especially Chris. It was stated that he was using Chris, but for what really?.

I agree.

With Fal calling Asino out like that, I really wanted to see what Asino's connection is with Fal and especially Chris. It was stated that he was using Chris, but for what really?.

To get closer to Fal. He wanted that, but she only cared about Chris, so Asino started using Chris as someone who'd introduce them and ... I don't have this word in english, but to be the one who'd help Asino have the girl.

I can be wrong, but i think that's what happened

Outside the things you guys mentioned, what I really want to see are Fal's inner monologues.

I think I'm a week or two in the game. My impressions so far.

I realized that hints on the rain being a lie is given as early as day two. Second, interactions with Phorni feels more fun knowing she's Arietta. The I'm writing to Arietta and her being jealous looks cute. Third, despite knowing how things will end, Fal still feels natural to me. I really hope to see  ore of her outside Symphonic Rain. That happening would be impossible though. I wish Kogado is Key who can create Tomoyo After and Kud Wafer for Fal. Lastly, it's Torta that feels fake. I always feel like I'm being betrayed in our conversations. As for Lise, she doesn't have that much of an appearance outside her route.

To get closer to Fal. He wanted that, but she only cared about Chris, so Asino started using Chris as someone who'd introduce them and ... I don't have this word in english, but to be the one who'd help Asino have the girl.

I can be wrong, but i think that's what happened

Oh ok yea ok see, that makes sense. I remember now that in other routes, he did state he wanted to be Fal's partner. I honestly don't know how I couldn't figure that out. Is the word sidekick or wing-man you're looking for?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on Fal's route lol.

Anyway, I found an album as I search for the vocal version of Feel the Rain.  It's Symphonic Rain, A duet for Piano and Cello. If anyone's interested, I'll upload it. It's all instrumental. Here's the track list.

1.Feel the rain
2.Kokoro no Ame
3.Itsudemo Hohoemi wo
4.Hello!
5.Melody

Apparently SR is the 3rd underrated VN in terms of score based on reddit poll.

Why are 2 of my favorite Visual novels so underrated. Both Symphonic Rain and Swan Song deserve to be more popular.  :amane:

It's hard to relate to other VN fans when they have never read your favorite works...

Why are 2 of my favorite Visual novels so underrated. Both Symphonic Rain and Swan Song deserve to be more popular.  :amane:

It's hard to relate to other VN fans when they have never read your favorite works...

The top 2 reasons I saw why people don't read SR is 1) no H scenes and 2) game resolution.

• 5 months later...

So, I just finished Symphonic Rain. I really liked it but it left me wondering about some things.

Warning, there are spoilers.

I don't feel Phorni's ending is the real one. I am not really sure but is there a confirmed real ending?

The most real ending to me feels Torta's best ending.

But even so, the plot does not seem to answer all questions. And many things are left not unsolved.

Which is the real ending?

If it is either Phorni's or Torta's, that means that Fal and Grave are not dealt with. And they are free to do as they please.

How does magic work, what is Phorni?

What happens to Asino? Surely his character must have had some point.

Why did Lise pretend it was raining?

Was Fal really just using Chris?

What was the point of Fal being mentioned to be orphaned by Grave? Why was Fal nice to Lise?

What is Asino's motive? What is he trying to achieve? What was the point of Asino mentioning Grave in Phorni's route.

Why didn't Chris realize he imagined rain in Phorni's route?

Who is Chris really? Are there even more secrets about Chris than shown in Al Fine story?

Is Arietta real? Were all routes just a dream and Chris is the one in coma?

Am I missing something? Are there things suggested but not said in the story. Does story reveal some new or interesting things if you return to replaying previous paths?