What are you playing?

Those graphics are keeping me away from giving it a try.

I was mainly interested in it because I saw the name Knight-hart, if there isn't any serious story then it doesn't really matter.

What about Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child ?

They haven't been translated so no hope of me reading it yet but what are the general reviews regarding them from those chosen ones who can read japanese ?

Apparently the Robotics;Notes VN is good, not as excellent as steins;gate, but still good.

And the story is set in the steins;gate World line.

As for Chaos;Child, it just got on Xbox one, we'll have to wait for PC/PS3/PS4/Vita Vers(and Chaos;Child is a sequel to Chaos;Head).

What about Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child ?

They haven't been translated so no hope of me reading it yet but what are the general reviews regarding them from those chosen ones who can read japanese ?

I have a friend who's a massive fan of Robotics;Note (the VN). I found the anime kinda nice but not so great myself. Mostly for pacing issues and some deus ex machina stuff but there was a true feeling of passion in it, you can feel like in Steins;Gate that this was a story written by nerds like you. Maybe the VN doesn't have those issues.

Those graphics are keeping me away from giving it a try.

Well it's the whole point of the game to have those graphics :P

Apparently the Robotics;Notes VN is good, not as excellent as steins;gate, but still good.

And the story is set in the steins;gate World line.

As for Chaos;Child, it just got on Xbox one, we'll have to wait for PC/PS3/PS4/Vita Vers(and Chaos;Child is a sequel to Chaos;Head).

I have a friend who's a massive fan of Robotics;Note (the VN). I found the anime kinda nice but not so great myself. Mostly for pacing issues and some deus ex machina stuff but there was a true feeling of passion in it, you can feel like in Steins;Gate that this was a story written by nerds like you. Maybe the VN doesn't have those issues.

Well it's the whole point of the game to have those graphics :P

So I guess we can only wait as usual for the day when Robotics;Head and Chaos;Child are translated. I'll avoid watching Robotics;Notes as I don't want to ruin the vn (whenever I get to read it).

And well I guess I'm a bit picky about the graphics, which is the same reason why I'm not able to go through the rance series till remakes come out.

So I guess we can only wait as usual for the day when Robotics;Head and Chaos;Child are translated. I'll avoid watching Robotics;Notes as I don't want to ruin the vn (whenever I get to read it).

Those are console VNs so I wouldn't have too much hope of seeing them translated soon... Otherwise, considering the popularity of the Science Adventure series they'd have a project already.

so your final verdict about the Science adventure series?

What did you liked the most? your favourite scene of the two games? worst scene? General impression?

I liked both Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

As for what I liked the most, it has to be intricacy and highly detailed plot of the two vns. The foreshadowing, execution of the scenes were what made the two games great.

If we are talking about the scene which had the most impact,

it has to be the scene where Taku finds his sister's hand in the box for Chaos;Head.

And the bullet to the head for Steins;Gate.

I liked both Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

As for what I liked the most, it has to be intricacy and highly detailed plot of the two vns. The foreshadowing, execution of the scenes were what made the two games great.

If we are talking about the scene which had the most impact,

it has to be the scene where Taku finds his sister's hand in the box for Chaos;Head.

And the bullet to the head for Steins;Gate.

The scene that had the most impact on me from S;G was instead

the moment of realization of the consequences of Okabe returning to the original worldline. I felt so bad for Kurisu and Okabe in that moment.

Ah. The VN is definitely still worth the read despite you having already seen the anime in case you were wondering :3

Haha yeah sure I was joking around. I'm still debating whether or not I should wait for the PSP release or not though. I've heard nothing but good things about it (even from people who don't read VN's) as well :)

I also want to play it just to have a good end for Mayushii  ^_^ 

Ah she's so kawaii...

2ppg9ee.jpg

Started Canvas 2. Like YnS the anime had my preferred ending, but I like Elis enough for her route to still be my priority. Seemed to get a neutral ending first time through, so I'll use a walk-through when I go back. Have seen most of her scenes, and this game's skip function is pretty solid, so I doubt it'll take too long.

Just finished Comyu a minute ago and wow that was an amazing story  I really loved the ending of the story :D

I think it has become one of the best VNs I have read until now!

But now I don't know what to read after it, my mind is divided between Cartagra and Fate/Stay nigh (I still didn't read it even if I have it like since August :P ).

So, if you have any opinion about which one I should read first then I would be glad to read them :)

And, as I see the time it is as I'm writing this message there is just one thing to say: Merry Christmas to everybody here!!

That thing literally has a TI-84 port 

rPlkGuJ.jpg

Wow

Never thought that I'd have to play games on a calculator.

The scene that had the most impact on me from S;G was instead

the moment of realization of the consequences of Okabe returning to the original worldline. I felt so bad for Kurisu and Okabe in that moment.

I had already realized that bit before it was revealed, so I was expecting it.

It was the same with C204, I had also realized that the time machine was there in the Alpha worldline long before it was revealed. 

After (literally) months of reading, I've finally finished Muv Luv Alternative.. I think. (refer below, spoilers for 99% if not 100% of the VN)

After Takeru rekts the Original Hive and returns to his own world and the pleasant dumbfuckery of Meiya and Yuuki introducing themselves to class 3B happens, a video starts to play with voices of the characters in the background. The VN crashes there.

I do not know if there is a scene after that.

I give it

7/10

Wow

Never thought that I'd have to play games on a calculator.

I had already realized that bit before it was revealed, so I was expecting it.

It was the same with C204, I had also realized that the time machine was there in the Alpha worldline long before it was revealed. 

I'm the kind of guy who don't overthink about story, so tbh, i was surprised by every plot-twist, until the end.

The comedy/slice of life part is for me one of the best idea ever, because it creates affection towards the character, and that's why the drama part is for me more powerful, because i wanted them to go back to their more standard life and escape that terrible fate.

And i think that even if Okabe "wins" at the end, he's completely changed, he'll never act like before, he completely lost his innocence, and at the same time, he'll avoid doing the same mistakes in the future.

I have a LOT of normal games to go through - Mass Effect  2, a lot of Vita games(5-6), a couple of games I picked up at the winter sale. 

It might take me a long time again, but I'm planning on finishing Never7 now- I'd only done the Yuka and Haruka routes. One or two of the other routes will most likely be boring, but I think I can handle anything KID throws at me now if I got through Ever17's fish sandwiches and Muv Luv (Extra and Alternative, especially).

Haha yeah sure I was joking around. I'm still debating whether or not I should wait for the PSP release or not though. I've heard nothing but good things about it (even from people who don't read VN's) as well :)

I also want to play it just to have a good end for Mayushii  ^_^ 

Ah she's so kawaii...

2ppg9ee.jpg

I'm sorry to say that, but with the VN, Mayuri is going to have hell of a time.