What are you playing?

Jumping back to AkaGoei, I finished up Tsuki's route. Man.. that ending though. o-O

I also finished Aya's route earlier, but I can't remember if I said that here.

Regardless, I am on to Moe's route now. Just two more routes and I will be finished my first UnTL'd VN. Exciting~~~ :D

I'm currently on Chapter 6 of Princess Evangile, reading Looking Glass Insects in Subahibi, and getting ready to start Littlewitch Romanesque.

What's so bad about Princess Evangile anyways? A bunch of people here have bad reviews and I can't find any high-raters online either.

What's SubaHibi about? I mean, I've had it in my "VNs To Try" list for a while now (the name choice is rather weird since I also record what novels, games and anime I want to watch on it), but I really have no idea.

I've been only slightly interested in it because of the name, but I really don't know if I'd like it. Could you maybe give me a recommendation if you like it?

What's SubaHibi about? I mean, I've had it in my "VNs To Try" list for a while now (the name choice is rather weird since I also record what novels, games and anime I want to watch on it), but I really have no idea.

I've been only slightly interested in it because of the name, but I really don't know if I'd like it.

Subarashiki Hibi is a very highly-regarded scenario-ge (a VN that focuses heavily on its story and story presentation) and utsuge with dense philosophical writings/literature references. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the most intricate and genre-busting stories in a VN of its length, and it certainly treats the use of philosophy as a literary device the most seriously. SubaHibi would also be one of the only stories, probably in all of JP media, to ever use Wittgenstein's philosophy as a sole reference point. That and etc. are generally the selling points of SubaHibi. Of course, none of this is without warning, as the numerous tags would lead you to believe it's some dark nukige instead. SubaHibi contains a lot of twisted H-material and pretty depressing themes which many say to be worse when comparing it to a work like Saya no Uta. Also, the H-scenes are all quite plot-relevant so you can't do any ctrl'ing through them. These are either, 1) more selling points in SubaHibi's favor, or 2) a complete deal-breaker.

As for what the story's about, all I'd really want to tell people before they dive into it is that; SubaHibi is about a group of people's dealings with the world's imminent end.

Where are these bad reviews for Princess Evangile you're talking about? Because they certainly aren't in the thread for it here. The general opinion isn't exactly glowing but it's mostly positive. 

Hmmm, maybe it's a difference in viewpoints? I tend to focus on the negatives more, I guess.

Subarashiki Hibi is a very highly-regarded scenario-ge (a VN that focuses heavily on its story and story presentation) and utsuge with dense philosophical writings/literature references. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the most intricate and genre-busting stories in a VN of its length, and it certainly treats the use of philosophy as a literary device the most seriously. SubaHibi would also be one of the only stories, probably in all of JP media, to ever use Wittgenstein's philosophy as a sole reference point. That and etc. are generally the selling points of SubaHibi. Of course, none of this is without warning, as the numerous tags would lead you to believe it's some dark nukige instead. SubaHibi contains a lot of twisted H-material and pretty depressing themes which many say to be worse when comparing it to a work like Saya no Uta. Also, the H-scenes are all quite plot-relevant so you can't do any ctrl'ing through them. These are either, 1) more selling points in SubaHibi's favor, or 2) a complete deal-breaker.

As for what the story's about, all I'd really want to tell people before they dive into it is that; SubaHibi is about a group of people's dealings with the world's imminent end.

Ooooooooh! It sounds so extremely wonderful! I want to download it right now! But I'm already so full on anime, novels, games and VNs that I have not the time! I must play it though!

So, what's Littlewitch Romanesque?

That said, I wish they would put out an all-ages version with some workaround for not having the H-scenes so I could play it. I can't resist any game that heavily references Lewis Carroll.

That said, I wish they would put out an all-ages version with some workaround for not having the H-scenes so I could play it. I can't resist any game that heavily references Lewis Carroll.

I don't think a workaround would even be possible, SubaHibi uses the h-content to emphasise the dark themes, and a lot of the plot would quite possibly fall apart if you took the twisted scenes out, as it explores situations taken to absolute extremes. While there are a few exceptions, most of the h-scenes are there to make a point, to disgust and horrify you even - and taking them out would not only remove the impact, but also some plot points.

What's so bad about Princess Evangile anyways? A bunch of people here have bad reviews and I can't find any high-raters online either.

I've been only slightly interested in it because of the name, but I really don't know if I'd like it. Could you maybe give me a recommendation if you like it?

Where are these bad reviews? Everywhere I have been, including 4chan regards Princess Evangile to be a great read.

The Hscenes in Subahibi aren't nearly as long as they are being made out to be.

They're longer than normal H-scenes?

Ye Gods, how shall I bear playing it? But, it is plot-important, so I guess it won't be so bad after all...

So, what do you you think of it then, Mr. HuMmaNah.

Mr. HuMmaNah? XD

the H-scene i last read was just outright disgusting.

seriously,i felt like puking. ;_;

Where are these bad reviews? Everywhere I have been, including 4chan regards Princess Evangile to be a great read.

i don't know why,but the just feel way too longer than any other normal H-scenes for me.

Aaaaand.... you just sold ("sold") me on Subahibi

Huh? Maybe I've got a unique criteria that makes me feel like it's a negative review? I have no idea anymore ;-;

Mr. HuMmaNah? XD

the H-scene i last read was just outright disgusting.

seriously,i felt like puking. ;_;

i don't know why,but the just feel way too longer than any other normal H-scenes for me.

No matter how many times I see that username, that's the only way I can think about pronouncing it... HMN, Humanah.

If the H doesn't feel like H, then I'm okay with it. No matter what you throw at me, it can never be as disgusting to me as that yuri H-game series. I've got nothing against gays, I just hate the way they portray it in VNs. It's even worse than straight H-scenes for me.

That aside, I REALLY want to to try SubaHibi now.

Huh? Maybe I've got a unique criteria that makes me feel like it's a negative review? I have no idea anymore ;-;

No matter how many times I see that username, that's the only way I can think about pronouncing it... HMN, Humanah.

If the H doesn't feel like H, then I'm okay with it. No matter what you throw at me, it can never be as disgusting to me as that yuri H-game series. I've got nothing against gays, I just hate the way they portray it in VNs. It's even worse than straight H-scenes for me.

That aside, I REALLY want to to try SubaHibi now.

Yeah thats entirely possible, but yeah its actually got a pretty positive reception at least to the MG version, as far as Steam sales I am not too sure about that.

Subahibi is a great read its a mind fuck though.

Um, is there a working patch for Soukoku No Arterial? I've been searching long and wide for one, but all of them do nothing to the text at the opening, so I've been holding off on it. Fuwanovel said it was translated, last I checked (about a year or two ago) and I downloaded it, but so far there really hasn't been any working TL. I wonder if I'm missing a file?

Um, is there a working patch for Soukoku No Arterial? I've been searching long and wide for one, but all of them do nothing to the text at the opening, so I've been holding off on it. Fuwanovel said it was translated, last I checked (about a year or two ago) and I downloaded it, but so far there really hasn't been any working TL. I wonder if I'm missing a file?

From what I found the game has only prologue translated and everything else is machine translated.

There is also another patch that translates cards, abilities, events and general stuff needed to play, including the tutorial. 

You really must. You're looking at one or two negative things someone says about it and disregarding everything else. We've talked about how some characters who should have routes don't. I've talked about how I'm not a big fan of some of the stereotypical harem comedy. But overall Princess Evangile is fine. It's not a bad VN by any means. 

You really must. You're looking at one or two negative things someone says about it and disregarding everything else. We've talked about how some characters who should have routes don't. I've talked about how I'm not a big fan of some of the stereotypical harem comedy. But overall Princess Evangile is fine. It's not a bad VN by any means. 

well it looks like really most of the heroines get routes whether its in the Princess Evangile or its Fandisc