Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

it was indeed very nice to see a slightly more realistic approach to the magic vs science dilemma.

Or fantasy vs modern time.

We don't really have a lot of those, think this one is the only one.

Well the familliar of zero also had that but it played only a very minor role.

It was a very good breaht of fresh air, even if it dit dumb down a lot of the more ''disturbing stuff''

One more episode of Working left. The sadness is real.

I really reallyyyy hope Souta and Inami decide to go out, if not it'll leave a hole open in my heart.

I'll confess I decided not to watch the third season after the other 2 because I was at a point in my life as an anime fan where I'm utterly bored and bothered by series that hint and point at a "this couple is gonna end up together for sure!" and never do anything because then they would need new material for the comedy.

Please do tell me if I happened to be bring with Working!!! O:

I'll confess I decided not to watch the third season after the other 2 because I was at a point in my life as an anime fan where I'm utterly bored and bothered by series that hint and point at a "this couple is gonna end up together for sure!" and never do anything because then they would need new material for the comedy.

Please do tell me if I happened to be bring with Working!!! O:

Working 3 basically wrapped up all the subplots the previous seasons built.

The only thing left is for Souta and Inami to go out, so you can imagine the disappointment it'll be if they don't date.

Souta has already pretty much admitted to liking Inami and they're going on a date next episode so...

Rokka no Yuusha deserves a sequel.

I came up with a theory back in episode 6 and it was spot on.

Damn you party pooper, let me feel smart.

There's so much material, though, they could easily make some more seasons (you have up to volume 4 in English, and this first season covered the first volume).

Just so you know Rokka no Yuusha's first volume is the least twisty. Even if you've only read up to volume 4 you know how well written this series is. It definitely needs a second season and it definitely has the material for one. The one thing I have to say I am not an overly large fan of is this last episode which definitely rushed through a few things although it was one of the first times this happened throughout the series. For the most part the adaptation was well done and I would be happy to see more.

I also have been watching Durarara and I'm pretty sure we won't get the resolution to the current arc in 1 or 2 more episodes and that it will likely be kept for the third season...which I'm fine with since a third season has already been confirmed. I'm still loving this series.

As for Gate I ended up watching the entire show and it was typical A-1 style and cut quite a bit of content. The second season being confirmed is good for those who are interested in it and I'll probably watch it even if it wasn't the best show I watched.

Shimoneta is just a weird show. It had a few decent moments but for the most part I'm not sure if it was really my thing. 

Charlotte seems to have one episode left and depending on how the episode ends will determine if it's worth watching at all so far it's mediocre although last episode could dip it below or above by a tiny margin.

Classroom Crisis - Next to Rokka no Yuusha and Durarara this is probably 3 in my top 3 shows of this season. It's a very unassuming anime although by the last few episodes I'm sold and think it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm really enjoying it even though I know most people will be unable to sit through it. When it has a twist it pulls it off reasonably well.

Food Wars - Needs a second season (and the delay might actually be to figure out a release date for it) it's just damn good shounen food fun. Nothing overly special outside of iron chef in anime form more or less but I still enjoy it and the manga.

Overlord - typical insert MMO bullshit with OP MC with a slightly more ruthless and political-esque take on things that actually makes it stand different than other shows in the self-insert mmo genre.

Monster Musume - guilty pleasure show of the season I guess.

Actually I am, Ushio and Tora, Rampo Kitan, Aoharu x machinegun, and Snow White with the Red Hair are other shows I was watching which I am a few episodes behind on because of Witcher 3 and Gintama. I'm going to have to take a look at the upcoming october shows and see if anything seems interesting.

I don't really know what to think of what Charlotte's doing, it feels like in the later episodes there's just been asspull after asspull.

And was there really need to throw in the forced romance at the last minute?

I guess it's a very Key thing to do.

You guys are using the term "typical MMO anime series", but isn't that the reason they are pretty much their own genre by now?

I mean, Overlord doesn't really resemble any of the people-in-a-MMO series we've had these last years. OP protagonist, but with a focus on "politics", but not as much as Log Horizon. "op mc" can define so many different different genres.

People keep saying this, but after rereading the manga and comparing it to the anime, I don't see what was actually cut.  It could be you are talking about the novel to anime, but at least from the manga version, "cut quite a bit" is quite an overstatement.

I've asked time and time again on this thread for specific examples from people, and have yet to actually get evidence.

I completely forgot I've been watching God Eater. The odd art style threw me off originally but now I think of it as part of its charm and I rather like it. I also like that the characters all for the most part have flaws and are not completely one dimensional heroes. The shows where the characters fail to even get injured bug me when in this type of situation and despite some liberties taken at certain parts the anime is surprisingly enjoyable after the first two or so episodes. Judging it on the first episode I would have dropped it but I decided to give it a 3 episode count and it grew on me. Best episode by far though is episode 5 as it just sets the tone for this world so well. I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than I thought I would.

People keep saying this, but after rereading the manga and comparing it to the anime, I don't see what was actually cut.  It could be you are talking about the novel to anime, but at least from the manga version, "cut quite a bit" is quite an overstatement.

I've asked time and time again on this thread for specific examples from people, and have yet to actually get evidence.

The show has mainly been focusing on the actions of the green men and have cut out entire sections or moved them around of the actual empire. The empire has had more discussion and details revealed about it in the manga whereas in the anime a lot of this interesting information about the empire has been glossed over (for now). The disconnect a lot of people seem to feel with the series probably comes from the more mature novel. The anime is it seems to taking more cues from the light novel and the manga but at the same time is missing a bit of what really makes the entire reason necessary to begin with. There is a greater sense of urgency in the novel compared to the light novel and manga and a bit more of a sense of mystery. The anime lost a bit of the adventure, exploration, and politics but that's mainly from being rushed. Admittedly this is just what I've been told about the novel vs. light novel vs. manga vs. anime so who knows how accurate it is. I can say that the manga definitely has a more mature feel to it and that a particular edge (gore and nudity) is missing a bit more in the anime.

Rokka no Yuusha's ending was good, though I wasn't a big fan of bringing in the 'seventh' issue again. And some reason I was pretty sure it was meant to be 24 episodes....... ahh well I'm looking forward to the next season.

Stay tuned for Season 2 :

Tsundere Flamie vs random-blood Rolonia 

Rokka no Yuusha's ending was good, though I wasn't a big fan of bringing in the 'seventh' issue again. And some reason I was pretty sure it was meant to be 24 episodes....... ahh well I'm looking forward to the next season.

Stay tuned for Season 2 :

Tsundere Flamie vs random-blood Rolonia 

Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12
We all knew the bunny boobs was it. There were really no surprises, maybe to the characters in the show but the viewer was well aware that she was it. Unless you are a clueless person.
They ALSO couldn't just end Rokka no Yuusha with the dumb ass ending. They had to throw in one last fuck you and introduce a random ass character to come in between the love interest to spark dumb ass situations. 
This show is amazing.