Nihao!

Actually registered a couple of days ago, but it seems like the verification email bugged out or something.

Thanks to Eclipsed for verifying me!

I hail from Singapore, and although I don't consider myself much of a anime/manga person, I do have a huge interest in (good) VNs.

I read VNs for the sake of the plot, and my general rule is that I skip 90% of the H scenes (if any) in them, while the remaining 10% is used to read the beginning and ending of said scenes to see if there was anything plot related that I missed.

I read a single good VN once every month or two, with a long break in between due to being busy with studies/gaming.

Traits of a good VN for me would be one with good characters (and development), some decent amount of feels, good writing and plot. Optional but definitely welcome would be (lots of) action and some degree of magic/fantasy.

My favorite thus far would definitely be G Senjou no Maou, if only because the writing was good enough to get me to completely do a 180 and actually like the main heroine, after my 'meh' first impression.

Others VNs that I like, in no particular order, would be Ayakashibito, Rewrite, Cho Dengeki Stryker, Grisaia (just finished this one recently, very hyped for sequel about now), Katawa Shoujo and a bunch of others.

The only VN which has earned a 1/10 garbage tier rating from me would be shuffle. The 1 point out of 10 came from the fact that the childhood friend looked like Alice Margatroid from Touhou. Every other VN has pretty much scored 7/10 and above.

On my to-read list as of the time I type this would be Muv-Luv. (Estimated time before I read this would be about a month or two down the road)

Outside of reading, I play quite a lot of Monster Hunter and DotA. If you happen to play either one, feel free to send me a pm. (For the latter, you'd have to play in the SEA server. Lag is a major turnoff for me)

That's about it, I think.

Nice to meet you all!

P.S: Yes, my profile picture is a fat shark. I find it cute.

Welcome to the forums! I control through all my H scenes as well unless I'm actually interested in watching the scene,but I really doubt there are plot related things in H scenes....Muv Luv is pretty decent (For me at least, though I found bits of it boring, but that was all due to the hype of unlimited and alternative), but the sequel alternative is a freaking amazing read, would recommend 10/10. Some of the routes in Muv-Luv give you background information that makes you understand things in alternative, but reading them or not is up to you, I only read one route outside of the two required MC routes,anyways, enjoy your stay :D

Welcome, welcome, welcome MiraculousNova-san to our lair. Enjoy your time and relax here. Feel free to ask/discuss/share anything with us. About H-scene, surely you can just skip them, and if you think you probably missed some important points from some plot-related H-scenes, you could always open the backlog.