Terrible news regarding Love Live!

starlessn1ght

Aikatsu and Love Live are two completely different things.

The first is a kids shows, it's meant to be on-going, it reuses a formula the entire time, the characters hardly grow and it's meant to be an episodic thing.

Love Live has a linear plot with an ending and everything leads to a climax, which was already reached in season 2. What you're asking for is a sequel that this series doesn't need in any way.

Again I explained it's "school idol" not "college idol", they never intended to be idols after school was over, that's how idols work in Japan as well (that's why ClariS broke up), and asking for them to come back is asking for a shitty, filler sequel.

Shugo Chara also did a filler sequel after they ran out of source material, after they had already solved the main conflict, and look how that turned out. (spoiler alert: series got canceled).

You're not letting go of the original cast for your own selfish needs, but I'm telling you right now Love Live would have likely gone to shit if they made a 3rd entry after all the drama in season 2 and the built up to the graduation ceremony.

It would feel completely out of place for them to make a sequel in this scenario.

Love Live Sunshine is meant to keep the Love Live franchise alive, without running the previous cast of characters into the ground.

You're not even giving it a chance, you're calling it shit right off the bat.

Idolm@ster has Cinderella Girls too and it actually turned out kinda more popular than the original Idolm@ster cast.

All I'm saying is, you should give them a chance. And please don't support needless sequels.

I love Love Live, I have 5 Love Live figurines in my bedroom, but even I wouldn't want to see the characters I love be turned into money machines and watch them on screen over and over until everyone got tired of them and the series got canceled because it wasn't making enough money anymore (which is what you're essentially asking for here).

Love Live is an original series, it has no source material, and they concluded the story already, let them rest.

@NB

You say star is selfish for wanting more u's and how he's not giving Sunshine a chance, but it can work both ways. You're being selfish on the opposite end as well for wanting u's to "preserve" their glory and not giving a 3rd season a chance.

Jk I'm on ur side dun hurt me :sachi:

~~
I'll welcome Sunshine with open arms ^_^

Aikatsu and Love Live are two completely different things.

The first is a kids shows, it's meant to be on-going, it reuses a formula the entire time, the characters hardly grow and it's meant to be an episodic thing.

Love Live has a linear plot with an ending and everything leads to a climax, which was already reached in season 2. What you're asking for is a sequel that this series doesn't need in any way.

You're not letting go of the original cast for your own selfish needs, but I'm telling you right now Love Live would have likely gone to shit if they made a 3rd entry after all the drama in season 2 and the built up to the graduation ceremony.

It would feel completely out of place for them to make a sequel in this scenario.

Using your argument, Love Live Movie is going to be complete crap, because it happens after the climax of season 2. And they've already left school, but they're still performing in the movie... 

Season 2 had its won build up and climax, but a 3rd season could have that too. The only difference is that it would be related to another arc.

Sword Art Online had its own climax and drama in the first season, but did that prevent it from having a second season? You can say it's because it's a LN adaptation, but the same thing they do in an adaptation they could do in an original anime.

Love Live Sunshine is meant to keep the Love Live franchise alive, without running the previous cast of characters into the ground.

You're not even giving it a chance, you're calling it shit right off the bat.

What I don't understand is why they want to keep the franchise alive if the characters are gone and the plot too. It's a totally different series, that only shares universe and name.

Love Live is an original series, it has no source material, and they concluded the story already, let them rest.

They didn't adapt School Idol Diary. I'd love if they did that...

Using your argument, Love Live Movie is going to be complete crap, because it happens after the climax of season 2. And they've already left school, but they're still performing in the movie... 

Season 2 had its won build up and climax, but a 3rd season could have that too. The only difference is that it would be related to another arc.

Sword Art Online had its own climax and drama in the first season, but did that prevent it from having a second season? You can say it's because it's a LN adaptation, but the same thing they do in an adaptation they could do in an original anime.

The Movie is a sequel meant as a send-off, not as an introduction to a continuation. Think of it as episode 14.

The movie will still be about them being school idols, not college idols, and after the movie is over, it's done.

It's basically them taking a last vacation trip, and after that they'll go to college/work.

You're trying to turn Love Live into something that it wasn't meant to be and likely would have failed if it were to happen because that's not what fans want to see. Because that's not what school idols are.

They've already stated they're not going to be idols after highschool, because being school idols was their passion, and they want to let those ephemeral moments remain in their memory. It will make jack shit sense for them to then come back and decide "ah well fuck everything we said, let's just do this shet again ayyy".

Also Sword Art Online should have never gone past the first volume. Mistakes were made, many many mistakes at that.

What I don't understand is why they want to keep the franchise alive if the characters are gone and the plot too. It's a totally different series, that only shares universe and name.

Because the franchise was never comprised of those 9 characters to begin with.

Muse are a branch of the franchise, and they're making a new branch called Sunshine now, a lot of shows do this and there's nothing inherently wrong with it when you want to keep things fresh instead of milking the same 9 girls for years and years.

If you thought Muse was Love Live, then you're oh so wrong mate.

They didn't adapt School Idol Diary. I'd love if they did that...

School Idol Diary is just the series retold from different perspectives.

Why is 26 episodes and a movie not enough? You got so much told in those episodes, there's barely anything left to tell, you need to learn how to let go.

I'm telling you if a sequel to this was made, it would have been awful, the characters are already developed, they were already school idols and won the biggest idol competition, they'll never return to their former glory, there's nothing more to achieve, they've done everything, and people need to let them go now. A sequel would just be a dragged on show with little substance because there would be nothing left to achieve.

There'll still be side stories being released in Japan for a few years in Dengeki G, but all these will be in highschool, because Love Live is about highschool girls being idols, that's the very essence of it, that's why Love Live shouldn't get a sequel after that, and why it won't get one in the future. And if for some ungodly reason it does, I am sorry for the entire cast that had to be run down to the ground like that.

The Movie is a sequel meant as a send-off, not as an introduction to a continuation. Think of it as episode 14.

The movie will still be about them being school idols, not college idols, and after the movie is over, it's done.

It's basically them taking a last vacation trip, and after that they'll go to college/work.

I understand what you mean... But why couldn't they extend this 'last trip' as another season, then?

Also Sword Art Online should have never gone past the first volume. Mistakes were made, many many mistakes at that.

Really? So why is it still so popular and why do many people consider second season even better than the first?

Because the franchise was never comprised of those 9 characters to begin with.

Muse are a branch of the franchise, and they're making a new branch called Sunshine now, a lot of shows do this and there's nothing inherently wrong with it when you want to keep things fresh instead of milking the same 9 girls for years and years.

If you thought Muse was Love Live, then you're oh so wrong mate.

But Love Live was just Muse until some time ago. Why would anyone be interested in this Sunshine if it isn't directly related to Love Live? That doesn't make sense.

Why is 26 episodes and a movie not enough? You got so much told in those episodes, there's barely anything left to tell, you need to learn how to let go.

I'm telling you if a sequel to this was made, it would have been awful, the characters are already developed, they were already school idols and won the biggest idol competition, they'll never return to their former glory, there's nothing more to achieve, they've done everything, and people need to let them go now. A sequel would just be a dragged on show with little substance because there would be nothing left to achieve.

There'll still be side stories being released in Japan for a few years in Dengeki G, but all these will be in highschool, because Love Live is about highschool girls being idols, that's the very essence of it, that's why Love Live shouldn't get a sequel after that, and why it won't get one in the future. And if for some ungodly reason it does, I am sorry for the entire cast that had to be run down to the ground like that.

Are they all already development? Umi, Hanayo and Maki didn't really develop in the previous seasons. And you can't say they can just develop once in one direction and then, end. Characters have always more to grow and in different directions.

And when you saying it has nothing more to achieve, aren't you sub estimating the writers' creativity? 

I've tried reasoning with you as best as I could. If  you really think Muse would be the same after college and that another Love Live season, after they had explictly stated they weren't going to be idols anymore, is a totally awesome idea, then no matter what I tell you you won't change your mind.

You want to  be part of the group that complains about shitty sequels? Be my guest.

I'll just sit back and try to appreciate that Dengeki G cared enough about the franchise and didn't milk the shit out of Muse and isntead tried to introduce a new original cast, who are also fans of Muse, paying a homage to the original series, but will also have their own distinct personalities and traits, keeping the franchise fresh and running, and not dull and repetitive.

That's all I have to say.

Just chiming in since Aikatsu was mentioned.

Aikatsu itself changed its cast after ~100 episodes... when the previous cast graduated. COINCIDENCE? Teeku

(Also characters in Aikatsu do grow an incredible lot in the course of its 100 episodes)

(Which doesn't make the comparison between a popular kids show and a latenight anime any less nonsensical)

(Watch Aikatsu it's good)

Aikatsu itself changed its cast after ~100 episodes... when the previous cast graduated. COINCIDENCE? Teeku

100 episodes is one thing. I would be satisfied with it.

Now just 26 eps and a movie is another.

(Also characters in Aikatsu do grow an incredible lot in the course of its 100 episodes)

(Which doesn't make the comparison between a popular kids show and a latenight anime any less nonsensical)

(Watch Aikatsu it's good)

HAHAHA. ON YOUR FACE, NOSEBLEED!

HAHAHA. ON YOUR FACE, NOSEBLEED!

The second sentence is directed at you, in case you didn't get it. More than 26 episodes is highly unusual for a latenight anime (which Love Live is), whereas kids anime get 50+ episodes on a regular basis. An extremely successful license like Aikatsu getting 150 episodes is not a surprise at all but you'd be crazy to expect anything like that from a late-night anime. If anything, it's because the way those series are thought and made are totally different.

The second sentence is directed at you, in case you didn't get it. More than 26 episodes is highly unusual for a latenight anime (which Love Live is), whereas kids anime get 50+ episodes on a regular basis. An extremely successful license like Aikatsu getting 150 episodes is not a surprise at all but you'd be crazy to expect anything like that from a late-night anime. If anything, it's because the way those series are thought and made are totally different.

SAO is a late night show and it has already got in the 50 eps, probably more in the future... But that's sad to hear (the best shows are the shortest ones)

SAO is a late night show and it has already got in the 50 eps, probably more in the future... But that's sad to hear (the best shows are the shortest ones)

Mfw comparing SAO to Love Live

BRkGjR2_700wa_0.gif

It's going to be shit because it ruined something great. That's what makes it shit.

It's shit because I feel like it!

/Thread

This thread is fantastic. starlessn1ght, please never leave this site. You're exactly what we've been looking for

What makes me mad is that no one seems to agree with any of my opinions here... 

No one agrees with me about comedy

No one agrees with me about H

No one agrees with me about this sunshine thing

Even Kiniro Mosaic...

What makes me mad is that no one seems to agree with any of my opinions here...

Because the discussion is kinda sterile.

You want some good, factual reasons for why this change of cast exists?

Fairly simple. 9 new characters, 9 new seiyuus to make song CDs, 9 new models for several lines-up of new figurines and other derivative products (just ask Ren or Nosebleed just how many god damn different figures there are for every LL characters).

Guess who's making Love Live? Sunrise, a studio owned by Bandai, a toy maker among other things, which is itself providing money for the show along with Lantis, a music producer.

You don't need to like that but there's no point running around for two pages arguing that "they" should have done x or y, because the producers are driven by the above facts and nothing else.

Because the discussion is kinda sterile.

You want some good, factual reasons for why this change of cast exists?

Fairly simple. 9 new characters, 9 new seiyuus to make song CDs, 9 new models for several lines-up of new figurines and other derivative products (just ask Ren or Nosebleed just how many god damn different figures there are for every LL characters).

Guess who's making Love Live? Sunrise, a studio owned by Bandai, a toy maker among other things, which is itself providing money for the show along with Lantis, a music producer.

You don't need to like that but there's no point running around for two pages arguing that "they" should have done x or y, because the producers are driven by the above facts and nothing else.

So Love Live! IS a money-making machine, as opposed to what NB said... They just care about money.