Steam Summer Sale!

RinXD

I got myself Eden, and I'm thinking of getting a Civ game; Are they really that good?

Once all the expansions are released, yes, they're certainly worth it.  At 12$ for all the expansions/DLC it might as well be a steal.  Beyond Earth on other hand is considered a step down, so I would avoid it.

Grab Civ V's complete edition if you can.  After that, go onto the workshop and grab every anime mod you can find.  There's a lot of them and it'll make the game much more interesting.

Just note that sometimes the mods will have trouble getting read, I have a few that are having that problem on my end and it's too confusing for me to fix ><;;  But yes, Civ V is definitely worth the sale price.

Dunno about Civ V, but in Civ IV I had the joy of having spearmen routinely whup my tanks simply because of the defensive bonuses granted by the terrain.  Is combat more balanced in Civ V?  Or do defenders almost always win like usual?

Bought it, by the way.  Won't be playing it anytime soon though; that 6 GBs will take at least the whole night to download  :/

So far I've purchased Alien: Isolation and Dankest Dungeon. I'm looking forward to never playing them. :makina:

I'm at five games purchased, and one random act of kindness for a total of six.

Funds remaining is at ~40$ or so.  Waiting for refund money from the CS:GO thing on page 6.

I would say the average Civ campaign lasts about 6-8 hours once you get used to how things work. 

I don't typically have 6-8 hours to just sit down.  Sitting through a 2-3 hour movie is about my maximum inactivity limit without getting up and doing something else. 

I don't typically have 6-8 hours to just sit down.  Sitting through a 2-3 hour movie is about my maximum inactivity limit without getting up and doing something else. 

Well, even I don't finish an entire campaign in one sitting.  It's very normal to stop in the middle of one and finish it later, at least for me.

Bought Darksiders 1 & 2, Metro Redux Bundle, Valkyria Chronicles, Prison Architect, ORION: Prelude and Civilization V: Complete.  Doubt I'm gonna buy much more; I'm just about at my self-set limit.

Bought and refunded Wasteland 2, still waiting on the Steam Wallet funds  >.<

We're probably going to get a Fuwa game of it going sometime, aren't we?  xD

I'd hope so.  Playing solo suuuuucks.  It's a blast with 4 people.  And then maybe I can unlock all of those achievements and satisfy my completionist urges :P

EDIT: Flash sales are fixed.  IMHHW is 66% off, at $5.09.  The F.E.A.R. Collection is 75% off, at $13.74, but strangely the original F.E.A.R. isn't discounted at all, so if you buy anything, just get F.E.A.R. 2 and its DLC, the third one is supposed to be terrible.  Never played this one before, but Ys Origin, a JRPG, is 70% off, at $6.