Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

Welp decided to join in the fun. I've never tried Nuzlocke challenge before but I'm currently being paranoid and overdose my pokemon with potions

I'm so happy that I managed to encounter a Ralts on the grass beside Petalburg <3

Current Team:

Ruriko the Ralts

Tsubasa the Tailow

Kotori the Torchic

Ritsuko the Shroomish

HM (HM dump) the Zigzagoon

846a258ac3.png

Trainer Card:

74498e6c72.png

Ruriko ended up having 1 hp three times within an hour. Living on the edge.

Today I went on with my journey to the meteor falls and then the volcano north of Lavaridge to deal with team magma. Everything went nice and smooth, save for the close call where a koffing's self destruct nearly ruined my day. I felt ready to move on to the fourth gym, now that my team was around lvl 30. That, too, went smoothly, with Thidas cleanly sweeping it. However, tragedy struck soon after...

It happened at Norman's gym, the trainer with the Zangoose. It took down my entire team to ~10 health, save for Thidas, and I had to take drastic measures... I needed to tank one hit. But alas, Thidas took the fall... he was too slow. I thought I'd lose completely at that point, but luckily, Linova managed to finish it. I'm sorry, Amami! I was clueless of how to continue for a while... Thidas was basically the mvp of the team at this point, and I have no good replacements for the role as a tank he was fulfilling. Let us all mourn his untimely death... :cry:

In the end, I chose to add Turnip the Spinda to our party - welcome aboard. I should be ready to face Norman soon... we must move forward, we cannot show weakness. This whole damned nuzlocke thing is getting on my nerves...

Current team:

Zeno the Grovyle, level 32

Getsuya the Beautifly, level 32

Linova the Ninjask, level 33

Kosaki the Koffig, level 32

Turnip the Spinda, level 30

In the end, I chose to add Turnip the Spinda to our party - welcome aboard.

Does this mean I'm a ditz? Or a confusing person?  :P

After the disaster that was the Flannery's gym I've been taking a little break. I'm not looking forward to the next gym and I need to find new pokemon somewhere. Haaa... 

This game was much shorter than I remember in my childhood. Maybe I have too much time in my hands right now.

Finished the Elite 4 and there were no casualties. Maybe stacking 50x each on Hyper Potions and Full Heals helped and never putting out a pokemon that has a tiniest possibility of getting one-shot. 

Team:

Ritsuko the Breloom (all-around destroyer)

Shirayuki the Walrein (anti-Dragon)

Kotori the Blaziken (Overheat+fighting moves abuse)

Ruriko the Gardevoir (sp.atk abuse)

Tsubasa the Swellow (failed attempt at abusing STAB)

HM the HM Dump Linoone

1k1xCi0.png

Trainer Card:

d72685e4d0.png

PS. Don't train your pokemon to 55 like I did. It was an overkill and I barely used any items with everyone not taking more than 2 hits to get KO'ed.

After the loss of Thidas, I trained the party more to be able to face Norman. I got incredibly lucky while training Turnip then: I acquired pokerus, which is about three times as rare as getting a shiny! And sure enough, after the training, the Norman fight went smoothly. Now that I'd gotten access to surf, I needed to catch a water pokemon as a HM slave, or possibly as a party member... I chose Gyrados, since it's easy to catch Magikarp and all. Upon request, I named him Penguin - a name I don't think I'll soon be able to forget...

See, I ran into Wattson again in Mauville, saying I should check out New Mauville. I thought it'd be nice to pick up a Voltorb or Magnemite, since Electric pokemon are pretty rare... but then an unfortunate accident involving Penguin and a Voltorb occured. On his first battle after evolution, Penguin suffered a quick yet probably painful death...

But that's not the end of it, no, no... When I performed the loathful ceremony of releasing Penguin, this happened:

YwRM9Vj.png
YMd7p8R.png
V6tZSBA.png
U4CTsx4.png

Needless to say, I completely lost it when this happened... I raged at the cruelty known as karma. I quickly gathered my courage to try again, just hoping this mess would just be over already, but no, it happened again, and again, and again...

I think it's because of the pokerus... But this kind of breaks Nuzlocke. I now need to make a graveyard box because I can't actually release any pokemon... God, I wish I'd never gotten pokerus now.

Sorry Ten I won't do it again ;_;

How the fuck did you finish it so fast, Kusokusari?

I mean, I'm at 93 hours and I just finished Sootopolis' gym.

Maybe it's because I spent a lot of time grinding everybody to evolution.

My team was pretty much finished from the start (minus one HM dump so one less Poke to train) and the last one left was in Mossdeep. Also, almost all of my pokemon has fast growth so yeah, not much grinding. If you need exp tho you can just challenge the reporters again and again. Bring some high level pokemon with high spd and sp atk to kill them in one surf. In my case it was Walrein since he mopped through most of the Mossdeep gym. The one you need level should hold an exp share and in the double battle for moar exp. If you did enough challenging them, they'll be stuck north of Mauville and you'll just need to leave the route to challenge them again. I only managed to do this twice in my original GBA as a kid tho.

That or maybe finishing this more than a dozen times as a kid helped.  :makina:

Well, I lost my main team to the third gym leader.

Rip

Umeko- Cascoon

Mai- Maril
Suzu- Grovyle
Jiro- Mightyena
Yuko- Swellow

dead%20team_zpszfijcc1d.png

Here's my new team. Its made up of moemon that I caught but didn't use and one I caught on a route that I ignored.

new%20team_zpsyvbzvvsz.png

A lot has happened since the last update... The Norman battle didn't go without a hitch, but it was a clean victory in the end, with Turnip proving to be a useful addition to the team. It has to be said, though, that Kosaki more or less has taken over Thidas' position as MVP.

After the battle, everything seemed to go by really quickly... I beat the Fortree gym without any issues, and then moved on towards Mt. Pyre. However, there, tragedy (or should I say thunder) struck...

Getsuya fell victim to a gruelling thunderstorm in the middle of the rain on the road there. The only comfort I could find in that moment was that my tears would be washed away by the rain... And so Getsuya passed away. By the way, I was wrong earlier that I couldn't release my mons because of pokerus; it was because the Gyrados was the only pokemon I had that could use surf at that time, so it's a sort of warning from the game.

At Mt. Pyre, I found a new addition to the team... it simply hurts too much to call it 'replacement'. Nonetheless, welcome to the team, Kaguya! I think being a Vulpix fits Kaguya perfectly, though that could just be me.

Finally, I also took on the Mossdeep gym, which, well, was a mess... the fight itself went quite well, but I simply didn't have the defenses to keep it up for long. And so, Turnip fell prey to an assault of Psychics, which, if I may say so, is a rather fitting end to the pokemon of mass confusion.

On a final final note, I caught a Spheal, which I'll name when I continue later. Current team:

Zeno the Sceptile, level 43

Kosaki the Weezing, level 43

Kaguya the Vulpix, level 42

Linova the Ninjask, level 42

Spheal, level 26

I got over my tragedy and started playing again.

Day 12?

I don't really remember what I did after the tragedy at Flannery's Gym. I just wandered around in empty state of mind, I'm pretty surprised nothing bad happened. The losses hurt every time, but losing my first pokemon was something else. It made me realize the pointless cruelty I've been committing all this time. Why would a make my pokemon fight to the end for some silly cause? Why would anyone? I'm starting to doubt this world where powerful pokemon is all you need, and especially the root of it, the Pokemon League. I want to change that. After coming this far I don't think I can back out. I don't think I could forget this and continue my life peacefully. The resentment would probably make me crazy. As selfish as it is, I want to bring the same suffering on the people who are responsible this system and change it. Show them the same pain.

I started with dad's gym, it was the next gym anyways. I gathered allies in the progress, but that was more for the sake of future endeavors. Because I had Anju the Sableye and she's the perfect counter for my dad's pokemon. They couldn't even touch her. Dad tried to sound like his normal, cheerful self, but I could sense some frustration in his voice. But it wasn't enough, he didn't mourn for the loss of his pokemon as much as he should. Do people only see them as some sort of disposable, living weaponry? Or do they just grow indifferent towards the abuse? I might not be the best person to say this, looking at for what kind of purpose I'm using my own. But after all the suffering we have gone through, I can sense the small flame of vengeance flickering in my companions. We are in this hopeless journey together, we all know that there's only more bloodshed ahead.

More deaths... Zeno (lvl 44 Sceptile) fell to a team aqua grunt of all things, in the double battle with the admin; random crit from a wing attack. And even Linova (lvl 46 Ninjask) fell... to a raindom trainer in the Sootopolis gym, due to a crit from rollout... it seems my luck has left me.

And of course, I needed new 'replacements' for both of them. It feels more like I'm commanding a small army unit rather than a tight group fighting to win... I think it's a self-defense mechanism of sorts, I'm starting to turn a bit cold. No, not just a bit, to be frank... though I do hate seeing them die, time and time again... That aside, the new members are Kurokusari the Walrein, Fidget the Cradily, which I've entrusted the almight TM06 Toxic to, and finally there's Bresaris, who's just turned into a Lanturn.

...I know I said I ran out of luck, but I did find a shiny swablu. For once I decided to go against the rules and catch it... as much as I want to, though, I understand it's against the rules to use it. Still, this is my third ever shiny - the others were an Arbok and a Pidgey. A bit off topic here, but it fascinates me how all of those look golden when they're shiny...

JHowt4e.png

Current team:

Fidget the Cradily, level 45

Kaguya the Ninetales, level 44

Kurokusari the Walrein, level 47

Kosaki the Weezing, level 47

Bresaris the Lanturn, level 27

Day 13

With new purpose and goal in front of me I started my journey towards Fortree city. Though we lacked a method of travelling over water initially, we soon found a wounded Wingull to help us. I feel little bad about recruiting new pokemon to our cause, but I need strength. We also met an abandoned Manetrick, who proved to be an invaluable help to us. Raiden joined us gladly with resentment towards his previous owner in his mind.

Even though my plan are little reckless, my methods are not. I now understand the need for power better than ever and we will train meticulously to prevent anyone dying in vain. The journey to Fortree was constant training. We also ran to those Team Aqua thugs again, this time on weather research center. I still couldn't care less about their actions, but they proved to be an excellent test for power.

Before beating the gym in Fortree City, we visited Mt. Pyre and Lilycove City. I even met some old acquaintances, even though I didn't really want to. Especially May's innocent and kind smile hurt. I couldn't bring myself to tell her about my plans. In Mt. Pyre I ran into the Team Aqua again. They stole some kind of old trinket, or so the elderly there claimed. Don't they have anything better to do than steal some old relics?

In the end, all the training we did was worth it. Raiden and Una massacred the gym. For the first time I saw some desperation in the eyes of a gym leader. This is what I want to show to people.    

Final report...

The Sootopolis gym went surprisingly well - it wasn't all that easy, but there were no casualties. Afterwards, I'd gotten to training Bresaris the Lanturn but, well, let's just say it was bad luck... I blame my own carelessness. In its place, I introduced an old 'friend' to the party: the Voltorb that had slaughtered Penguin, and I aptly named it Tenkuru.

When I entered the Victory Road, everyone was about lvl 48. I'd like to say that it, too, was easy, and it was, until I ran into the very last trainer. Poor Kosaki, the last member from the original team, fell unexpectedly, mere meters away from reaching the pokemon league... And so, I moved on with just four mons in my party... or so I thought. I went back in the cave to train Kaguya a bit, but she, too, proved unable to face the random crits. I felt too enraged to train another mon, so I trained the three that were left - Kurokusari, Fidget and Tenkuru - some more before facing the league with just those three.

The first two fights were extremely clean - sweeps by Fidget and Kurokusari, respectively. I'd planned for the third one to be the same, but then to have Tenkuru have its moment of fame, but instead I learned that Glalie can learn explosion (actually, I looked it up and Glalie cannot learn explosion, but trainers tend to have illegal movepools sometimes). All of a sudden, it was two versus four, and though I almost lost another member, I managed to take down the third one as well. The fourth one... well, let's just say Kurokusari did her job. It was a breeze, really (pun shamelessly intended).

Finally, I was able to challenge the champion and end this madness. I didn't know it was possible, but apparantly you can unfreeze on the same turn you got frozen - it happened twice to Fidget. It was a long fight, but man, Fidget tore everything apart. I have a newfound love for Cradily now. There were some slight problems when facing Tentacruel and Ludicolo, but nothing Kurokusari couldn't handle. One thing I hadn't kept in mind was how much xp all these elite 4 guys give... both of them hit lvl 60 at the end of it. I guess I didn't even need to train that much, but then again, it wasn't enough for Tenkuru, was it?

And so my nuzlocke ends... let's do nuzlocke in the Battle Frontier now, yay!

Final team:

Fidget the Cradily, lvl 60

Kurokusari the Walrein, lvl 60

In the ending screen, all the pokemon you'd caught came flashing by on the screen, and of course all of those who had fallen showed up as well. It was cruel, really... they all looked so happy and cheerful in their sprite except flippin' Kosaki. Not just that, they did it twice. Rest in peace, nameless Shedinja (lvl 20), Thidas the Azumarill (lvl 29), Penguin the Gyarados (lvl 20), Getsuya the Beautifly (lvl 38), Turnip the Spinda (lvl 41), Zeno the Sceptile (lvl 44), Linova the Ninjask (lvl 46), Bresaris the Lanturn (lvl 29), Kosaki the Weezing (lvl 50), Kaguya the Ninetales (lvl 53) and Tenkuru the Electrode (lvl 57)...

And there you have it, eleven losses. I hate this game.