VN Reading Club - May 2015 (Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku-)

Kosakyun

Sting was too strong for Kagome, probably too strong for an entire comyu to handle, and the pills were just relieving the problem. They said that she needed other treatment too, to not go crazy under the pressure.

Nomad was certainly too strong as well, but not nearly as strong as Sting, so it wasn't as hard to handle. That's why Hisoka could hold out for a while.

Considering, it was miraculous that Sting didn't stampede earlier.

Basically, if you want a ratio between Nomad's kills and Sting's kills, then it would be like

Approximately 10:420,500

Which is every 1 Nomad kill to 42,050 Sting Kills.

Now thats a gigantic difference.

Plus notice how Hisoka immediately had problems after the other guy in her cou got knocked out, 

Kagaome basically had to deal with whenever she used Sting, plus whenever she used Sting it was basically a 1 hit kill to any other avatar.

Additionally, Kagaome hadn't had the pills for a few days(Cos they went to fight Gasai and Ahkito told her to stay behind and not get involved but she joined etc,etc. After the fight they stayed at the hotel for 2-3 days also). 

I was under the impression that Takakura City was an experiment city 

and also the very first one. And I don't think there was any mention of Girl A rumors apart from the city so yeah no virus for you. That or I just missed/forgot that they mentioned something along those lines.

Uhh didn't The System or something made it? The one that also provided the pills for Kagome. And yeah the spreading of the Virus is through Girl A and she never left Takakura anyway. Idk if she even really existed there.

Takakura city was also called the experiment city.

I remember something around the lines of they made the connector virus and then tried to control it? Which resulted in Takakura city being the place it is.

I'm a slow VN reader to begin with, and I don't have a lot of spare time, so I've only just finished Heroine 2's route. So, I appreciate that everybody is still putting spoiler tags on everything spoilerish, so I can still wander in and out of this topic fairly safely.

Here are my thoughts about Heroine 2's route:

Soejima's bad ending (the first end to the full route - maybe better termed a Neutral end?) was way more enjoyable for me than her Good Ending (the one that you can only see after you get that other one). I really, really like bittersweet stories, and that first ending hit that mood perfectly. I guess I must be a tiny bit of a masochist, given how much I relished the little twinge of pain that delusion in the hospital caused me. I definitely shed some tears for this ending, which hasn't happened in at least a few months.

Also, a special shout out to the soundtrack song "Find a Way Out!" (the high-tension, oh-shit-run-away one with the really repetitive synth string high notes), for which I could not find a youtube link to save my life. I like this song more every time I hear it. The BGM in this game is truly excellent.

I'm a slow VN reader to begin with, and I don't have a lot of spare time, so I've only just finished Heroine 2's route. So, I appreciate that everybody is still putting spoiler tags on everything spoilerish, so I can still wander in and out of this topic fairly safely.

Soejima's bad ending (the first end to the full route - maybe better termed a Neutral end?) was way more enjoyable for me than her Good Ending (the one that you can only see after you get that other one). I really, really like bittersweet stories, and that first ending hit that mood perfectly. I guess I must be a tiny bit of a masochist, given how much I relished the little twinge of pain that delusion in the hospital caused me. I definitely shed some tears for this ending, which hasn't happened in at least a few months.

Also, a special shout out to the soundtrack song "Find a Way Out!" (the high-tension, oh-shit-run-away one with the really repetitive synth string high notes), for which I could not find a youtube link to save my life. I like this song more every time I hear it. The BGM in this game is truly excellent.

No need to go with the others' paces, really. We can all enjoy the story at our own pace.

I agree with this one. The surprise factor of the bad end was really great. When they suddenly showed Hisoka bedridden, I stared the screen for almost a minute. Then hysterically shouted "Whaaaat?". I'm not really good with bad ends (I blame Grisaia) but this was definitely different from your usual bad ends.

Well you could try extracting the data with the OST included. I think I saw a Data Extraction thread here in the forums.

I finished Hisoka's route a while ago so I cant remember it that well

I found both routes the same, neither one really had a significant difference than the other. However I felt that the neutral route was more realistic compared to the one where the guy comes back to life.

Also this track called " Find the Way Out" is it on the sound list on the VN? I don't think I've seen it before

I found both routes the same, neither one really had a significant difference than the other. However I felt that the neutral route was more realistic compared to the one where the guy comes back to life.

Also this track called " Find the Way Out" is it on the sound list on the VN? I don't think I've seen it before

there ya go

I wasn't a fan of those kind of endings so I was quite surprised for me to actually like it. That means something.

For some reason I have a complete OST of Comyu here in my laptop and I have no idea where it came from. It has all the tracks and I saw one that has that title. If we're talking about favorite bgm mine would be Our Chance of Success is High. 

I wasn't a fan of those kind of endings so I was quite surprised for me to actually like it. That means something.

For some reason I have a complete OST of Comyu here in my laptop and I have no idea where it came from. It has all the tracks and I saw one that has that title. If we're talking about favorite bgm mine would be Our Chance of Success is High. 

Well since I don't have all the OSTs I would say

A Gentle Kingdom or Girl A's Song would be my favourites.

Rondo Rondo's theme song is pretty good also

Well since I don't have all the OSTs I would say

A Gentle Kingdom or Girl A's Song would be my favourites.

Rondo Rondo's theme song is pretty good also

They nearly all great.

Turning the Tables

Ceasar Legion

Rondo Rondo

Others are Others - this one i just love

Gig

Battle - this one just gets the heart pumped

Suprise Attack

Find a Way Out

I agree so much. I just didn't like the good end very much. It just didn't hit the correct spots for me.

Well, at least they gave Hisoka a chance to get her own happy ending. Her tale was too tragic, given the role she took in those two routes that she showed up in.

Hisoka's a great girl, that's for sure. I still feel down whenever I remember her last scene.

I agree so much. I just didn't like the good end very much. It just didn't hit the correct spots for me.

Well, at least they gave Hisoka a chance to get her own happy ending. Her tale was too tragic, given the role she took in those two routes that she showed up in.

Hisoka's a great girl, that's for sure. I still feel down whenever I remember her last scene.

Yeah the good end really pales in comparison compared to the neutral one but I don't want it to be removed. If there was only the neutral one, I think I would've raged since Hisoka got the shorter end of the stick, AGAIN. I was just happy that she got what she wanted in one of the ends.

About the Heroine 2 ending.

In my opinion the Hisoka's "neutral" ending was the best ending in the whole VN. Not only was it really beautiful and touching, but most importantly it was also a perfect and fitting continuation of the route. During the route Akihito was already making some pretty desperate decisions and abandoning the morals he had in the other routes for Hisoka. He was prepared to do anything for her and he got used to taste of the underworld, so becoming a crime lord was only fitting.

And the hospital scene was genius stuff, hopeful delusion of cynical man who abandoned the world for a girl. Just beautiful.

I would have been happy with just the bittersweet ending. Hisoka's "good" end pretty much undid all the drama in the route and left a bad taste.

About the Heroine 2 ending.

In my opinion the Hisoka's "neutral" ending was the best ending in the whole VN. Not only was it really beautiful and touching, but most importantly it was also a perfect and fitting continuation of the route. During the route Akihito was already making some pretty desperate decisions and abandoning the morals he had in the other routes for Hisoka. He was prepared to do anything for her and he got used to taste of the underworld, so becoming a crime lord was only fitting.

And the hospital scene was genius stuff, hopeful delusion of cynical man who abandoned the world for a girl. Just beautiful.

I would have been happy with just the bittersweet ending. Hisoka's "good" end pretty much undid all the drama in the route and left a bad taste.

But from a totally business frame of mind, I can see the positives of including it. 

With a character like Hisoka

Who is characterised with many similarities to the MC and hence gets a lot of reader attention + her sad backstory, attitude towards life, etc, etc.Giving her a neutral ending might be the most legitimate but its going to leave a bad aftertaste in most readers.

Whilst having her finally embrace happiness has a much gentler undertone and will guarantee the majority of reader satisfaction.

But from a totally business frame of mind, I can see the positives of including it. 

With a character like Hisoka

Who is characterised with many similarities to the MC and hence gets a lot of reader attention + her sad backstory, attitude towards life, etc, etc.Giving her a neutral ending might be the most legitimate but its going to leave a bad aftertaste in most readers.

Whilst having her finally embrace happiness has a much gentler undertone and will guarantee the majority of reader satisfaction.

I agree, her neutral/bad ending was really good and shocking however if there wasnt a good ending i woudnt feel satisfied even though the good ending wasnt that spectecular

I agree, her neutral/bad ending was really good and shocking however if there wasnt a good ending i woudnt feel satisfied even though the good ending wasnt that spectecular

Exactly, they did a smart choice doing both but showing the neutral one first so that is the one you are most inclined to think of.

After all first impressions always last. 

Hisoka's neutral end was supposedly the end which makes the most sense, given the facts that we know from the previous playthrough before that route. It was in that route that the possibility of saving someone whose avatar has already stampeded surfaced. If you think about it, it may as well be the basis for Kagome's end, where she got over the stampede. Though hers was more thorough than that of Hisoka's, seeing that Kagome permanently decreased her action points by killing off the souls connected to Sting. Anyway, her neutral end has got to be one of my favorite things from Comyu. It was sad, yes, but it did good. Though I cannot really deny the existence of her good end, which really does good for the character herself. Everyone deserves their own happily ever after.

Though I'll stand my ground that Hisoka's last scene in Kagome's route was the most beautiful scene in the game for me.

Hisoka's neutral end was supposedly the end which makes the most sense, given the facts that we know from the previous playthrough before that route. It was in that route that the possibility of saving someone whose avatar has already stampeded surfaced. If you think about it, it may as well be the basis for Kagome's end, where she got over the stampede. Though hers was more thorough than that of Hisoka's, seeing that Kagome permanently decreased her action points by killing off the souls connected to Sting. Anyway, her neutral end has got to be one of my favorite things from Comyu. It was sad, yes, but it did good. Though I cannot really deny the existence of her good end, which really does good for the character herself. Everyone deserves their own happily ever after.

Though I'll stand my ground that Hisoka's last scene in Kagome's route was the most beautiful scene in the game for me.

indeed her last scene made me lose some tears

The one thing I never fully understood was what was that place where Kagaome talked to Girl A and destroyed her action points.

Like that was out of the blue for me, I never even thought about it. 

The one thing I never fully understood was what was that place where Kagaome talked to Girl A and destroyed her action points.

Like that was out of the blue for me, I never even thought about it. 

From what i understood, that place was in the avatar(Sting) itself.

Her mind had gone mad (stampede) so she was stuck in Sting.

Atleast thats what i understood about it

From what i understood, that place was in the avatar(Sting) itself.

Her mind had gone mad (stampede) so she was stuck in Sting.

Atleast thats what i understood about it

I thought it was in Kagome's mind since my idea on the avatar is only a tangible representation of where the connectors' souls are loaded in. I think she was using Sting inside where she re-killed all the avatars Sting ever destroyed so I thought that it was unlikely that she was inside Sting. Then again Hisoka appeared out of nowhere (with a sense of self) so I can't really say much about logic in there. Well if it's fully the wills of the original connectors of the avatars then that situation is possible.