Steins;Gate 0 - A "true sequel" to Steins;Gate

Decay

• 5 months later...

I am going to sound like an ungrateful prick right now, but I dont believe that this franchise has any need for sequel. The story is finished. The movie about the Steins gate timeline has tied up all loose ends, and I honestly see no reason to continue. As much as I love Steins gate, I say let it end now that the time is best. I dont want to mourn a sequel that might potentially ruin the reputation of this VN and anime entry.

I am going to sound like an ungrateful prick right now, but I dont believe that this franchise has any need for sequel. The story is finished. The movie about the Steins gate timeline has tied up all loose ends, and I honestly see no reason to continue. As much as I love Steins gate, I say let it end now that the time is best. I dont want to mourn a sequel that might potentially ruin the reputation of this VN and anime entry.

Well it is not actually a "sequel" in the literal sense, it's supposed to be

the story of the Okabe from the beta line who failed to save Kurisu (the one who sends the video to the "second" Okabe), and how he deals with his remorse and guilt, until he finally devise his final plan to save Kurisu.

It's not a really some sort of half-assed sequel where they pull out the plot from non existent material (The Steins;Gate movie for example AHEM AHEM), though it will probably have it own deal of new characters and new material to create a good enough story, the eternal question being : "Will the new material be consistent with the S;G canonical material?"

I'm actually really looking forward to Steins;Gate 0, but I feel like its a bit pointless since its more or less a side story.

I know that 0 is about the Okabe that sends the video to the 'main' Okabe to save Makise, but again, I feel like its pointless since its mainly about a different world line where Okabe deals with her death and how he handles it.