Cooking Time!

Turnip Sensei

I love good food, to the point of almost neglecting eating if I can't find anything good to eat. I also like cooking, but most of time I'm too lazy to cook properly. And I assume that others might have have the same problem.

So share your recipes. Everything goes, whether simple and complicated, for baking or cooking,  spread the joy of making food!

Feel free to share your cooking habits and experiences.

My cooking tends to be very ad-lib, I'll just use whatever I happen to find in the fridge. And these cooking habits gave birth to my go-to lunch: 

Turnip Sensei's Almost Legit Noodles 

1. First we prepare the sauce  

4 dl of water 

1-2 tbs soy sauce
2 tsp of brown sugar
Meat broth (I have some instant stuff, but I have no idea if there is something like that in other places, just use something to bring a meaty flavor)

That's the base, but following ingredients can be added
Garlic
Pickled Ginger
(Rice)Vinegar

Put everything in a small sauce pot, make it boil lightly and let it simmer. It will be ready by the time you are done with the other stuff.

2. For something to go with the noodles, just fry whatever you feel like, or whatever happens to be in the fridge. I usually use either carrots, cabbage, beans, bell peppers or chicken. Cooking eggs is also good idea.

3. For noodles, almost everything goes. Soba is good if you want to make it soup like. Just prepare the noodles according to instructions.

4. After that you have few choices. You can either fry the noodles in the sauce or you can use it as soup stock. If you decide to fry your noodles, cook the noodles until almost done, dump them on the vegetables/meat you have prepared, pour the sauce and fry until most of the sauce has been absorbed.

If you want to use the sauce as a soup stock, just dump everything in a big bowl and enjoy. 

1.jpg

it will not look as good (probably)

I can make the following meals

chicken fettucine alfredo

swedish meatballs

pizza

pasta bowl

beef stew

pork roast

fried or scrambled eggs

sausage and beans

hamburgers

hot dogs

various sandwiches

desserts there are really only 2 I can make well

chocolate chip cookies

yellow cake w/ chocolate icing

I just know how to use the basic cooking equipment and I don't make stuff from scratch, I use prepared sauces, mixes, pre-chopped vegetables, just whatever saves time.