The awards section is up

Rose

An awards page? Another great addition to the forum.

Nosebleed and Ren have been putting a lot of work into making it as equitable and positive as possible, and they've paid a lot of attention to all the feedback/thoughts you've shared. Not sure if this was an accidental reveal or not, but you can already see that a lot of care has gone into the new system, and they should be proud of their work.

Thanks, guys!

Awards are up!?! *Looks at my own profile and checks* "What I don't have any!" *Checks post count* How do I not at least have the 500+ post count award? Do I operate outside the system?

I was going to suggest you receive a “congratulations, you operate outside the system – how COOL is that” award. Unfortunately if you operate outside the system, well, then you can’t be awarded it :(

I don't think it's based on post counts many users don't have it and got more than 500 post :blink:

Maybe it means 500 posts outside GD or the Other Discussion board? (This is just a wild guess btw.)

The (View Awarded) button isn't working on the page. Not sure if it is not set up yet or a mistake so I thought I would point it out.

Just leave your mouse on top of it and you'll see the list. It's probably bugged, but you can make it work that way.

Awards aren't automatic, they have to be manually granted, it's very likely some people go under the radar, you should use the thread for the awards if you don't have one that you should have yet, it's easier to track things that way.

I didn't want to launch the app yet because i wanted to have awards for amount of vns read, but Ren decided to go for it anyway. I don't really mind it, i just think it's lacking and i was hoping to wait for new features so we could make more awards before launching.

Also to view awarded people you hover over it, not click it, that's the way it was intended to work (I personally wish it was otherwise but what can you do).