Is Visual novel reader reliable?

periah250

The VNR itself is just a bridge between translation tool and VN. If you want to know how "reliable" it is, just try translate some stuffs, using Google or Bing. VNR does improve the translation quality for a bit, but not much. Still broken English, and you will need quite some patience to get through a VN with it.

that would be well and good but i dont think there is a effective way to learn japanese aside from moving there

That's not true in the slighest and kind of a ridiculous thing to say.

I'm learning Japanese and reading VNs in Japanese and haven't once been to Japan.

Just takes dedication and effort.

Jichi is the guy who made it, and Sakamichi has an awesome guide to using it. If you play around with it for a while, it gets more and more useable (imo). If it doesn't work for you, then you'll know to try other tools.

Both Jichi and Sakamichi are great, friendly people if you needed to get some help.

again where are you learning that you can say your learning it all you want but saying its ridiculous to think there isn't away without providing a way to dispute that doesnt really give your argument much validation. The only way i could find that could help me learn is google translate and lets be honest thats so bad at translating thats almost not japanese.

Well, it's not like we have an entire thread dedicated to learning Japanese or anything.

I was giving you my testimony on how I'm able to learn without being in Japan, you're free to consider me a liar I guess, but I've been learning grammar with both a textbook and a mentor to help me and i've been practicing my vocabulary using hooking tools.

So yes, you can learn Japanese without going to Japan.

I've also never left my country and I learned English just fine. Japanese is no different.

All it comes down to is patience, motivation and having the right tools.

Well, it's not like we have an entire thread dedicated to learning Japanese or anything.

I was giving you my testimony on how I'm able to learn without being in Japan, you're free to consider me a liar I guess, but I've been learning grammar with both a textbook and a mentor to help me and i've been practicing my vocabulary using hooking tools.

I've also never left my country and I learned English just fine. Japanese is no different.

wait wait english isn't your first language....your seeming more and more inhuman than originally thought your pretty much evolved past humanity at that point

Oh wow... So uhhh, does that mean your first language was Portugese?  Uhhh if you didn't say anything I wouldn't have even checked your nationality...  I feel more impressed that you are actually so fluent in english that it didn't even cross my mind. It may sound patronizing, but congrats o.O

And yes, I fully concur, you can learn a language fluently without going to the country, however it does require far more effort because you need good natural resources to practice with besides just textbooks.  Classical language and vernacular are completely different.  I can generally pick out someone who classically learned english but doesn't use the vernacular making them stand out.  It's like being overly polite when casually talking.

On a tangent: I need someone to teach me ebonics because it makes no sense.

again where are you learning that you can say your learning it all you want but saying its ridiculous to think there isn't away without providing a way to dispute that doesnt really give your argument much validation. The only way i could find that could help me learn is google translate and lets be honest thats so bad at translating thats almost not japanese.

I have no idea what age you are but in most places you can do online classes or japanese in high school, or buy books to teach you the grammar/alphabets/words/phrases/translations/etc... It seems like to me that you are failing to properly apply yourself if you are legitimately trying to learn the language. You need to practice, you need to have motivation, and you need to constantly be speaking/writing/reading the language once you start it in order to retain knowledge of it. You have to work very hard to learn another language and at this point in time machines are horrible translators...unless you want to insult your intelligence and insult the person you are talking to. Honestly if you properly apply yourself and treat it like you would any other subject in school you can learn it with the right amount of patience. You don't even need to go to a class or take one online if you can keep it up on your own.

I have no idea what age you are but in most places you can do online classes or japanese in high school, or buy books to teach you the grammar/alphabets/words/phrases/translations/etc... It seems like to me that you are failing to properly apply yourself if you are legitimately trying to learn the language. You need to practice, you need to have motivation, and you need to constantly be speaking/writing/reading the language once you start it in order to retain knowledge of it. You have to work very hard to learn another language and at this point in time machines are horrible translators...unless you want to insult your intelligence and insult the person you are talking to. Honestly if you properly apply yourself and treat it like you would any other subject in school you can learn it with the right amount of patience. You don't even need to go to a class or take one online if you can keep it up on your own.

oh how much i wish my school taught japanese but no we only get spanish french and german yea good going with variety 

however it does require far more effort because you need good natural resources to practice with besides just textbooks

If only we had some kind of easily accessible mass pop-culture with both audio material and reading material at hand for japanese! ;-)

Oh wow... So uhhh, does that mean your first language was Portugese?  Uhhh if you didn't say anything I wouldn't have even checked your nationality...  I feel more impressed that you are actually so fluent in english that it didn't even cross my mind. It may sound patronizing, but congrats o.O

A lot of people on fuwa are actually ESL.