Hi!

Fred the Barber

"I'm new here, so please take good care of me!"

How was that? No good? Ok, I'll try again.

I started reading VNs a little less than a year ago, when I finished watching the Little Busters! anime dub, realized I would have to wait an indeterminate amount for Refrain to be dubbed, and decided I couldn't wait. Instead of going for the subbed Refrain, I went straight to the VN, and I'm glad I did, since it was absolutely wonderful and is probably still my favorite VN. In the process, I also found this website, and only recently found that there's a great community here!

I apparently don't read through VNs very quickly, so I've only read a few others since Little Busters!: Rewrite, Kanon (detecting a pattern here, right?), World End Economica Episode 1 (c-c-c-combo breaker!), and most recently If My Heart Had Wings (which I'm about halfway through now in terms of heroine routes completed).

I'm looking to start something new to alternate playing with If My Heart Had Wings, so I don't start to feel tired of the style, and I'm currently picking between (these are pretty arbitrarily-chosen) Cross Channel, Muv Luv (the original, with the intention of playing the later games afterwards), and Steins;Gate (though I've already seen the anime). I'm open to any "must-play" recommendations otherwise, though! Presence of H-scenes is a negative for me, but not a huge negative; mainly I just want a compelling story, an attractive/unique setting, and a good mix of emotions.

Also (bear with me just a bit longer), if anybody is looking to fill roles for a project, either translation or OELVN, I do at least have some time and excellent proof-reading skills which I'd be happy to contribute to a team in need. I also have a tiny tiny grasp of spoken Japanese (which makes the often-terrible translation of If My Heart Had Wings all the more painful...), so I might make a good beta tester for a translation of a voiced project, maybe?

And that's it! Thanks for your time, and I look forward to chatting with you all about our shared appreciation for Visual Novels!

Welcome to the community, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

As for recommendation, I recently finished Sharin no Kuni and quite enjoyed it's story (if you can look past it's pacing issues) and it's world, you may also enjoy it.

Oh, and I forgot something!

I'm a professional software developer and have poked around the Ren'py documentation enough to know that I could handle those projects easily, so if anybody needs a programmer for a project that's using Ren'py (and that I find interesting :P), feel free to hit me up. I'll certainly take a little bit of time to ramp up on using the software for a real project, but I'm a good engineer; I'll get good at it quickly with the proper motivation.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you grow to like here.

Post your bio in this thread if you feel confident about your skills. Not sure if groups peruse this thread when they are in need, but it won't hurt to put yourself out there.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/939-fan-translator-skills-registration/

Thanks guys! I'll probably hold out for the Sekai Project release of the Grisaia trilogy (I'm trying to support officially-licensed releases wherever possible...), but Sharin no Kuni and Hoshizora no Memoria both look interesting and have been added to my queue, making my "what's next" decision even tougher :)

Welcome to the forums, If you dislike the H, just hold control until its over, that is what I do and it works pretty good. Ever 17 is a good one to read, and also there is a list in the recommendation tabs that have a list of must read VNs, you can go there and choose what you like yourself, and enjoy the stay  :D

Greeting, Fred the Barber-san

Welcome to the Fuwanovel Forums . 4ewmT.gif

since your next/current vn will be Muv-Luv , you must remember to read "Muv-Luv Alternative" afterward .

I recommend Muv-Luv Alternative , one of vn in my list "extreme worth to read" .

(PS: to tell the truth , i haven't read Muv-Luv when i start read Muv-Luv Alternative )

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

If you're not planning on reading Alternative in addition to Extra and Unlimited (Extra and Unlimited are both part of the first game) then you really shouldn't bother. That'd be kind of like playing Little Busters, getting a bad end and then going "Well, that was a nice VN, time to move on to something else".

Have a moe:

plmu.png