I haven't cried to an anime before but I am still looking for one (I will find an anime that makes me cry... someday). Myself;yourself has one very heartbreaking scene. Tokyo Magnitude 8 is also very tear jerky. Other than those people have mentioned most of them. 

We are all different. But are you certain that you have not cried to clannad ?!

This is an amazing feat indeed!  :blink:

Don't get me wrong. My heart died during a certain scene with the sunflowers but no tears came out. Only in VNs have japanese media caused me to cry. :| Not sure what that makes me though.

Don't get me wrong. My heart died during a certain scene with the sunflowers but no tears came out. Only in VNs have japanese media caused me to cry. :| Not sure what that makes me though.

I seriously tear up every time I think about that scene... Not gonna lie. Hell, I just teared up now. xD

I haven't cried from it either.... infact I haven't cried from any VNs or anime..... though the heartache is unbearable.... No tears come out for some reason....

• 3 months later...

I have cried at many anime. Probably every anime I have has made me cry. It's not really the story (usually) but just moments.

A lot of the ones not mentioned here were...

Welcome to the NHK? No cries...?

Haibane Renmei is also sad.

I found Yumekui Merry to be very emotional, but I think certain color schemes make me more open. That's why VNs can be very sad, because they can have very light schemes like 'if my heart had wings.'

I do consider myself somewhat of a senstive guy, but I never really cry, but for some reason there's been a onion ninja haunting me whenever i watched:
Madoka Magica
Nagi no Asukara
Isshuukan Friends
Love Live(Didn't expect to be haunted by a onion ninja during this one)

Chunnibyou
Clannad: after story

Toradora
Naruto(Huge spoiler alert)

(How could you not cry when Ero-sennin died???)

Though most of these was just mild compared to the attacks i got on some VNs:

Clannad(The Kotomi<3 route hit me the worst)

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Katawa Shoujo(Hanako<3)
Little Busters
Sharin

Symphonic Rain

Damn onion ninjas...

But back to seriousness, I think it differs on the person, the point in their life and their mood, I watched and read some of those durin a very hard and sensetive part of my life so i felt myself relating or wishing for alot of the stuff here. I always make sure that I can be alone for a while if I think a tearjerking scene comes up. x)

I sometimes force myself to cry because of how cold hearted I am in some tearjerk scenes.... lol...

Not everyone expresses sadness by crying, some or many may be feeling sad yet still not cryin,(Cheesy story of when i was younger incoming.) when i was younger at my great-grandmothers funeral I could remember seeing people cry and I got confused over why I wasn't cryin yet I still felt sad, it scared me to think that people may think i'm not actually sad so I told my mother that it may not look like i'm crying, but i'm crying on the inside. Oh god that was an embarssing line, i'm glad I was so young :D

Oooh, I want to play in this thread! I guess it died out the first time right before I joined...

Honestly, crying from an anime was the thing that pushed me over the edge to be really into anime and eventually VNs in the first place. For me, that first magical show was Angel Beats!. Because of it, I eventually stumbled across Key's oeuvre, and cried my eyes out to both Clannad (twice in Fuko's arc, and also at the end of Nagisa's arc) and of course Clannad: After Story. From there my fate was pretty much sealed. Here's a short additional list, mostly in the order they came to mind:

AnoHana

Little Busters!

Kanon

K-On!!

The Garden of Words (seriously, I can't believe what this movie made me go through in just 45 minutes)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Stein's;Gate

I feel a need to explain why K-On!! is there. I mean, nothing sad happens, right? But that ending (to season 2, not season 1) absolutely slew me. I've never seen something as sweet and perfect as that, and I guess they had managed to build up a lot of worry and then deliver the perfect resolution for it; it was beautiful.

I don't think anyone would be able to watch AnoHana or Clannad: After Story without sweating from their eyes...

Oh yeah, I also cried vigorously to Fuko's arc in the first season of Clannad.

nah watched after story and didn't feel really that sad at all. I think it's because I hated most of the characters though.

Don't watch TV and the most of times that made me super sad were in VN's but fate/zero made me a bit sad.

I really love tearjerkers, the empty feeling after crying so much is something else. I also cry very easily, so name anything really touching and I've probable at least shed a few tears for it.

The one thing that has made the biggest sobbing mess was actually Guilty Crown, I felt empty the next morning as well.

Also go watch anything by Makoto Shinkai and be ready for crying a lake of tears. That man is a genius, his stories are unbelievable beautiful.

5 cm/second, Voices of a Distant Star, Place Promised on our Early Days, Garden of Words... I don't think I've ever cried so much.