Double Takes in Anime or Other Shows

OriginalRen

Have you ever stopped at a certain scene in an anime or TV show and done a double take? Ever have that moment where you go back and watch something again, only to realize it's not what it seems?

I recently had this happen in Angel Beats:

RZRWGo7.gif

Here we see both Hisako and Matsushita the 5th jumping out the window of their classroom to avoid being caught. I hadn't noticed it before, but take a look at the jumping speed of both of these characters:

5AdF8vD.jpg

This made me realize, Matsushita isn't jumping out the window to escape, he's jumping out the window to pile drive Hisako.

I do that often, mostly ether on some comedic scene that I want to laugh at again or some romantic scene that I want to see again for a feelings.

For example I gone back in that scene with a box in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun like 5 times and every time I couldn't stop laughing to tears, no wonder it took me nearly 12h to watch 12 20 min long episodes.

Then there is Naruto and naruhina scenes, I watched every naruhina moment at least twice, hell the biggest reason I watched it was for those moments.

And well there is a lot of other times, basically all scenes that I find really funny or really romantic I watch twice.

Sometimes when I see a scene with impressive animation I rewatch it frame-by-frame to see how it's done. Recently it happened during Haikyuu, or Tetsuwan Birdy 2, or AmaBuri... And others too.

Other than that... I just rewatch whole episodes when I want to see a scene again.

• 4 weeks later...

The horror named Orvien in Garo: Honoo no Kokuin really made me jump in my seat. A giant door carried by humans walking on their hands (corpses?), has two reapers wielding scythes and is able to unleash a giant laser when it opens its doors that can warp the land itself. Had to replay a couple of minutes of this episode just to admire all the details of this creature.

Behold in all its glory, Orvien:

vlcsnap-2014-12-06-20h59m37s59.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know guys. I think the "only to realize it's not what it seems" part is more important than the "go back and watch something again."

Let me try...

I didn't realize this when I was watching the snake scene in Bakemonogatari for the first time (not really). 

post-303-1324287979.gif

But after watching it again some time later. It looks kinda... weird? :scottsune: 

aj8Juyi.jpg

What, sucking off snakes is weird now all of a sudden?